1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Radar27
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radar27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I am repairing a T.A. for a friend. So far everything works, but if a one player game is over, after the 5th ball, the 4th player in the backbox is lit, and another ball is ejected for the 4th player. This ball will score, and when it drains, the game is finally over (instead of after the 1st and only player). This also happens with two or three player games. I have the schematics and can read it, but i would be grateful for a hint where to look here (unsure if i should look at a relay in the bottom first or rather the player unit in the backbox, or even one of the score motor switches?). I do not want to fiddle with too many switches at once.

#5 1 year ago

Wow such good know-how here, thank you all. As for the 3/5 ball game, i have tried that, it behaves the same with 5 or 3 balls. The other hints are great, i will try that tomorrow (the game is in a private event hall, i do not have it in my workroom) and report back with the findings. Greetings from Switzerland.

#6 1 year ago

It almost works. Meaning that sometimes its normal game over and sometimes it behaves as with the fault above. After the last ball it always checks the bonus unit first(with double bonus since it is the last ball) and when that has finished, the BX relay is activated. I have made a video of the bx relay in this moment. It seems to me that it flutters a bit (pulls in, then very quickly resets and pulls in again). Could it be that a score motor switchs timing is a bit off? I have just now realized that i cannot upload a short video here.

#9 1 year ago

Thank you HowardR your hints are very helpful. I put up my (very first) youtube video of the BX relay here:

I also have checked the bxr reset coil with a test lamp and it does not reset the BX at this time. Therefore, seeing that O and the player unit and the coin unit and DX and E are in the path of current to BX, should i look at the coin unit first? It seems to me that the O relay is adjusted and clean. But the mentioned units have not been touched in a long time, i think. I also noticed that the correct behaviour is usually when i have raised the playfield to watch, but when i have lowered it the fault appears more often. Maybe there is a broken wire involved in the moved cabling.

Added 169 days ago:

Addendum: After some time, the problem has disappeared. I had cleaned several relay contacts, among them the AX and BX relays. However i cannot tell what was the root cause of this erratic problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radar27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-at-game-over-4th-player-is-activated-?tu=radar27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.