(Topic ID: 160364)

Target-Alpha 100'000-Point-Relay / Backglass ?

By rolf_martin_062

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by wizardblom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dTARGET_ALPHA-90-600_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hi
ipdb shows on Target-Alpha: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2500&picno=42296 on the reverse side of the Backglass NO text for "100'000 Points reached" (means I do not see it). The schema shows wiring for it and the bulbs and the relays.

Question: Do You have a Target Alpha - can You see in the Backglass "has made more than 100'00 points" ? Where ?
Greetings Rolf

#2 7 years ago

I don`t see it on mine, 99,990 is the most you`ll get.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from TK2012:

Same thing on my Target Alpha, no 100K text or light.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from TK2012:

Mine too

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

The schema shows wiring for it and the bulbs and the relays.

Can you post a photo of that? Is the wiring on your game for an 'Export Game'?

#6 7 years ago

Hi folks
Somebody has asked in a german forum. I show here some snippets of the schema (Info at PBR: this if for documentary reasons - by far it is not the complete schema shown).
The german owner has the relays mounted - but not the lamps - and also has a backglass NOT having the text "100'000 points".
In the forum he got an answer telling: "Schemas stamped Germany (see in the JPG) have this feature" - also claiming "Target Alpha AND Bronco do have it". The one also wrote "First official Gtb-pin with this 100'000 points feature is Jungle Queen" (might be true - might be wrong - I do not know). The one also claims "100'000 points-Relays NOT implemented in Scoring-Limits for Score-Drum-Replays".

In the JPG I show "lamps" then "List of Relays" then "stamped GERMANY" then snippet of "wiring of the relays".
I cannot give more information - I actually brought-up the subject for "gathering information" ... Greetings Rolf

dTARGET_ALPHA-90-600_(resized).jpgdTARGET_ALPHA-90-600_(resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

Hi
"interesting (?) question": If the German owner would mount "added 455-flashing bulbs" behind the "1st Player-Up (, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)" place in the Backglass: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2500&picno=23192 - turning-off the regular lamps and turn-on the flashing bulb(s) - would this be a "Hack" or an "Add-On" ? Greetings Rolf

#8 7 years ago

There is a 100,000 point part mounted in the back.
Getting "over the top" will light one of the lights on the score when the plug for 100,000 is used.
Sold a Target Alpha with this feature early this year, I think it has been some sort of prototype.
There where no 100,000 points located on the original backglass.
So I think it is a add-on, if I'm not mistaken it's the lampholders located nearest to the player indicator (1,2,3,4)

#9 7 years ago

Hi wizardblom
thanks for the information. Can You ask the person You have sold the pin for: Taking a picture of the area in the Backbox showing the place these 100'000-points-lamps are mounted and then donate to ipdb.org the picture and the serial-number of the pin ?
I think "this is interesting and worth to show in ipdb". Greetings Rolf

#10 7 years ago

I will, the places are where normally the bulbs are for the scoring, in 100,000 position they will be unlit until over the top is reached.
At first I thought the sockets where bad until I (finally) had a score over 100,000.
There are four separate relays in the backbox and a plug with four wires.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-100000-point-relay-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.