Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jigs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200814230937188_1 (resized).jpg
    20200814230915360_1 (resized).jpg
    old one broken (resized).jpg
    2 new one old (resized).jpg
    one inch measure (resized).jpg
    stanley 25 and 12 (resized).jpg
    stanley 25 and 12 in package (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    BAE62D34-EED9-45F7-9434-D7E115986E9C (resized).png
    DSC_3897 (resized).JPG
    DSC_3896 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

I've always used stanley tape measures. They aren't too expensive, most big box hardware stores have them, as well as the usual online outlets. Most of the construction guys around here seem to carry them.

They're well made, can take a beating, and still work for years.

[edit]: I meant the ones with the metal casing that have been around for decades. I'm not sure about the ones with the plastic casing.

#5 3 years ago

25ft: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-25-ft-PowerLock-Tape-Measure-33-425D/100019154

I like having the 12ft in my portable tool bag since it's a lot smaller and lighter: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-12-ft-PowerLock-Tape-Measure-33-312L/100123236

I rarely seem to use my 25ft unless I'm measuring a room or something like that.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Apparently the new ones do look like they are the same as the old metal ones, but are actually made of chromey plastic.

I'm pretty sure the ones I have are metal. A magnet sticks to them.

The 12ft I linked to is the same model I have and it's a metal one. I didn't have the 25ft at my fingertips to grab the model number off of it, but I'm pretty sure the one I linked to is metal too.

That's the first time I heard about them using chromed plastic.

#37 3 years ago

I dug out what I thought was my 25ft tape measure--it's actually 35ft. And the case is obviously plastic. I bought that one a number of years ago, but haven't used it more than a small handful of times.

My 12ft is metal. I've had it for at least 15 years--maybe more. I'm not sure where I got it from. But the case on that one is certainly metal.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

we really messed bitd staying with US standard measurement. we all know that metric system is simpler and fractions could sometimes be confusing we have lost space missions due to mixing up the 2 : NASA lost its $125-million Mars Climate Orbiter because spacecraft engineers failed to convert from English to metric measurements when exchanging vital data before the craft was launched, space agency officials said Thursday.Oct 1, 1999
    Because it's so much simpler and easier to use. The metric system is an improvement over the English system in three major points: One unit of measurement for each physical quantity. No matter from which other quantities of the SI system derived, yields always the same unit.

This isn't really the thread for that argument.

#44 3 years ago
    20200814230915360_1 (resized).jpg20200814230915360_1 (resized).jpg20200814230937188_1 (resized).jpg20200814230937188_1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tape-measure-another-broken-one-is-there-anything-good?tu=ForceFlow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.