Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,401 posts
  • 156 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 minutes ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
    File Content DE Audio FLAC (resized).JPG
    MM backbox (resized).jpg
    IMG_0831 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0830 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0829 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-21 190411 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpeg
    ARCADE UPKEEP Dual Voltage PS02 (resized).png
    ARCADE UPKEEP Dual Voltage PS03 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    Capture (resized).JPG
    screenshot (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_8354 (resized).png
    IMG_8353 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Overview of Pinsound and what is needed to install and set up. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (7 years ago)

Post #137 Examples of event and the instrumental related to it. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (5 years ago)

Post #182 Pinsound + Board showing adjustments. Posted by pinballjah (4 years ago)

Post #246 Shaker Control Posted by Mr_Tantrum (4 years ago)

Post #247 How to edit shaker routines. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (4 years ago)

Post #263 Determining which Pinsound you have. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (3 years ago)

Post #267 USB drives that are compatible. Posted by pinballinreno (3 years ago)

Post #469 Normalizing sound files. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (3 years ago)

Post #489 Best to convert OGG files to WAV files. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedi42.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 5 years ago

A couple of times in the thread posters noted that making a mono to stereo wiring harness is easy, but I haven't seen anyone list which wires goes in which pinouts on the new connector. Is it obvious with the Pinsound card in front of you, or is there a different post detailing the positions of the wire? Thanks.

#97 5 years ago

Perfect thanks. What gauge wire is being used? Considering Pinsound, and was wondering whether to make my own cables or not. $20us for the Pinsound harness turns into $35cdn after conversion and taxes.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If you look closely at the board, it is listed at the DataEast connector section, st the bottom of the board. C+,C-,L+L-,R+,R- I think

#99 5 years ago

Another question from a current non-owner. I read that the new Pinsound+ has an output for an external subwoofer. If I have an external sub, is there a need for the cabinet speaker?

1 week later
    #103 5 years ago

So my Pinsound is on its way and will be installing in a Getaway. If I wanted to take one of Mr. Tantrum 's orchestrations and add my own music, is it as simple as dropping new music in the correct directory and convert / save as a new orchestration? How hard would this be?

#105 5 years ago

Agree with it sounding different from different locations. Even standing to the side watching a game is way different than when you are the player. It is a difficult mix to get the best for everyone in the room.

I often find it too loud as a spectator, but fine as a player.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

From the sound quality perspective, the primary issue I could see is that you would need to tweak all of your Pinsound settings (bass/treble/balance/fade/etc.) appropriately to a given orchestration on your pin. I found that it can be a little tricky dialing things in because the sound from where you are standing up by the backbox turning knobs is surprisingly significantly different than from the playing position. Simple solution is to find a helper to turn knobs.

#106 5 years ago

I guess I will owe a great thanks to Mr. Tantrum and others for doing all the heavy lifting!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Get it to work with Tantrum’s mix first. Then stick the usb drive in your computer and find the music you want to replace, and put your own tunes In. Remember they must be .wav not .mp3 files

#108 5 years ago

Yes, read all your posts. No question manipulating files takes time with sound levels, clipping sound lengths, etc. To start I just want to ride your coat tails and make some small changes, then get into more serious editing later. I played around a bit, but the pserc files mentioned confuse me a bit. Is it just the "original" file in the download section? I couldn't seem to locate it for getaway. Will I even need it if I am working from an existing orchestration? I expect this will become move clear once the unit comes and I really get into it. Sorry for the likely dumb questions.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Did you read my first post? Not "hard" but takes some time, tools, and trial and error. By all means, just d/l one of my orchestrations and convert it to .wav files (again, see my first post), then replace my .wav files with whatever you want.

#111 5 years ago

My Pinsound came, and wow, does it ever make a difference. Night and day, truly impressed.

I have been playing with other music mixes based from Mr_Tantrum's mixes. I have it installed the board in my Getaway, but I am wondering what the point of having multiple song directories with very similar names. For example, why does Getaway have main_theme, main_theme_2, main_theme_3, etc? What is the purpose of these almost exact same directories?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedi42.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound?tu=jedi42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.