Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 156 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Pablito350
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
    File Content DE Audio FLAC (resized).JPG
    MM backbox (resized).jpg
    IMG_0831 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0830 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0829 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-21 190411 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpeg
    ARCADE UPKEEP Dual Voltage PS02 (resized).png
    ARCADE UPKEEP Dual Voltage PS03 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    Capture (resized).JPG
    screenshot (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_8354 (resized).png
    IMG_8353 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Overview of Pinsound and what is needed to install and set up. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (7 years ago)

Post #137 Examples of event and the instrumental related to it. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (5 years ago)

Post #182 Pinsound + Board showing adjustments. Posted by pinballjah (4 years ago)

Post #246 Shaker Control Posted by Mr_Tantrum (4 years ago)

Post #247 How to edit shaker routines. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (4 years ago)

Post #263 Determining which Pinsound you have. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (3 years ago)

Post #267 USB drives that are compatible. Posted by pinballinreno (3 years ago)

Post #469 Normalizing sound files. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (3 years ago)

Post #489 Best to convert OGG files to WAV files. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#258 3 years ago

All the files have to be wav files, wavs are uncompressed.

1 week later
    #269 3 years ago

As others have mentioned try a faster usb drive. In addition are you using an USB extension cable? If so try without the cable and see if there is lag, if you are going to use an extension cable make sure it's usb 3.0.

#276 3 years ago

If you removed the SFX folder and replaced it with the new SFX folder and in that folder there’s subdirectories with each directory having a series of numbers, now if I’m correct if the numbers are not the same the sound will not be played. Try deleting the wave files in the original SFX folder in its corresponding numbered sub folder and put the new wave in that sub folder and see if it gets played when it’s in the machine now.

#278 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kobaja:

you are. unfortunately the are the same.

anyway i played around and solved it by making the same replacements on the unpacked zip on the computer before installing it. I then REPACKED it into a zip and let the machine unpack and initialize it. that worked and all are playable. the voices were very silent and needed to be amplified relative to the music.

anyway - now its pure awesomeness!!

Great news, btw if you are editing it on the PC and it's already converted in wav format there is no need to repack it and have the pinsound board take 20 minutes or so just to unpack and convert it again, just drag and drop the sound package directory onto the usb drive in "audio" directory while on the pc and then insert it into the pinsound board. Saves a lot of time.

#305 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have been struggling with my doctor who mix for a year.
    If you are making an orchestration, NORMALIZE ALL YOUR FILES PEOPLE!!! I cannot say this strongly enough!
    Yes, all the files in the game.
    I finally broke down and spent 2 days with audacity and did it.
    Also added stereo to all the voice tracks. SFX tracks dont really need it.
    Panning voices left or right a bit is incredible.
    Pseudo stereo to a few.
    Finally i have consistancy and control.
    https://ttmanual.audacityteam.org/man/Batch_Processing

Also batch dc offset:
    https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/dc_offset.html

I do not see the chains option in the program any longer, maybe it's something they removed from 2016 to now? I have 2.33 and just downloaded 2.41

#321 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Thanks for the info. Next time you are chatting with Nicolas, please ask him if they are still reviewing and answering web submitted questions. I submitted this and another question about a month ago on their website after I received my first PS board and both are still waiting to be read and approved.
    The other submission had to do with sound issues I had on my LOTR after installation. This is what I sent to PS:

I think I have solved (or mitigated) those two issues by adjusting the in game sound adjustments from the game setting menu. I can post details of those settings if anybody is interested.

I have noticed this or something very similar as well in my LOTR with the custom online packages, so what I did along with capturing many additional sounds from the trilogy was open every sound file in Audacity and manual edited every sound to the same sound level. I have not had any issues since.

#322 3 years ago

Let me add to that, after that was all done then I opened the package in Pinsound Studio and made sure every knob was then set to it's default position for every sound.

#325 3 years ago

It would be cool if you could post the settings you did, I'd like to try them out if you don't mind. Yeah mine was different the level would go to almost nothing to some blaring so I just re did them all. It was a labor of love I can tell you that, three days like six hours a day it was almost like watching all three directors cuts lol.

#328 3 years ago

I’m going to try these tomorrow thanks, maybe I’ll shoot a quick vid and post the results as well.

#330 3 years ago

My sound settings are default, I’m running ver 10.02 so I’ll note my values before I touch it. Then I’ll try a game with volume at zero to see if the issue happens that you had occur. I do know for sure volume effects is set to yes I do recall that one, and I think my background is set to 1.

#331 3 years ago

Ok just a quick update with my settings still at default and volume at zero I played 3-4 games one of which was pretty long destroying the ring etc... and had no volume anomalies.

Then I set my background to :03 and my Maximum volume effects which was 05 to 00. To me the game was much more enjoyable this way as each callout was properly heard without hardly any stepping over each other and they were a bit more pronounced over the music track now.

What CPU ROM version and Display ROM version are you running in addition what Sound ROM ver do you have? I'm at 10.02, 10.00 and Sound 1.00

#346 3 years ago

It will randomly play all files in the folder, name structure doesn’t matter it’s totally random.

#354 3 years ago

Nope, Pinsound only uses wav files. Some of theme music is 96-115mb large that I use with no issues.

As Mr. Tantrum spelled out several time, I highly recommend Audacity for converting (from mp3) and editing wav files

#356 3 years ago

Not sure the game your doing but if there are any sound clips from video/movie you can use Audacity to capture the sound directly from which ever video player your using as well, then of course edit it the way you like.

#358 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Thats what I have been doing following the guide listed here.

The only thing I can't figure out - Pinsound only seems to like my mix if it is loaded from the unzipped file from a fresh usb. If I copy sound files over normally they don't play. I assumed they would work as long as they are wav? Am I missing something?

Are they .ogg files you are trying to load into Audacity from the unzip file? If they are .ogg files, you'll need to convert them first to wav using a program called fre:ac and you can batch convert to wav with directory structure as well.

#363 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Update your firmware before doing anything else. Also, you might want to reformat the USB (FAT 32)

This makes a lot of sense, if you are using the new pinstudio and older firmware I 'm guessing that can cause a whole shitload of unexpected issues. I might be wrong but maybe the new firmware is needed with the new pinstudio since they change the whole way the board reads/processes files now. Programming is beyond me lol, but graphic design, audio and video captures are my forte.

#366 3 years ago

I upgraded my DW pinsound plus firmware earlier today.
    I purposely installed an orchestration USB stick that had no shakers.
    Pinsound had to check my files for about 6 mins.
    The pinsound added 13 shakers to my mix.
    Very similar to what i had been working on but more refined.
    I like what they did to get the time expander to shake, makes total sense.
    Personally, i think they are very good!
    It looks like i can edit then a little and add more if needed.
    But seriously they did a pretty good job.
    Now im wondering if the pinsound will add shakers to my other 4 mixes on my usb stick if i select them and reboot.
    I did install a usb stick that had prior shakers on it.
    It did 2 rounds of file checking.
    Afterwards the shakers didnt work at all.
    I erased the shakers i had set up.
    I created shakers exactly ftom the test mix, redid it, and they started working perfectly again.
    This is really COOL!
    Can anyone else verify what the firmware is doing?
    And can we do edits?

When you check the packages that already had shaker routines in it, did you verify that you heard the shakers ready tune on boot up? I know every so often when I boot up that the shaker doesn’t ready up and need to reboot again until I hear it.

#368 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Funny, I hate the shaker boot tune since it interferes with the PinSound boot sound. Since I find it quite annoying, I've asked Nicolas to please remove it but I guess I'm not the boss of him

You know I agreed with you 100%, then I came to realize I wouldn't know the shaker booted until playing a game and finding out the routines aren't working. Now I just listen for it on startup, along with the custom boot wav file. Sound basically it's Elrond with a semi "dramatic" tune in his speech lol.

#373 3 years ago

I wasn't aware of a new sound!
    1- Are there 2 sounds now?
    2- Does it play on every boot up?
    3- Im not sure what to listen for.
    It does play a pinsound jingle.
    Kinda of a ding dong and then a warbly sustained sound.

Answering above:

1- yes Pinsound board wav, shaker jingle
    2- yes it should
    3- (Shaker) 10-12 note Jingle from the shaker itself

As Mr_Tantrum pointed out, with the latest firmware which I have both installed on my shaker and pinsound board, there is the default chimes on the pinsound which I changed to Elrond for I have it in my LOTR, and then the shaker makes a jingle of like 10-12 notes with vibrations. To the best of my knowledge that is not able to be changed. When I hear that jingle I know my shaker motor was initialized on bootup for sometimes on bootup it doesn't initialize and there is no jingle played then I know to just do a quick reboot.

In addition I have the LOTR ver 10.02 CPU which was for the gold le model that had shakers routines in the cpu by default. However I did not see and shaker routines in the LOTR pinsound packages when I opened them but then again if they were made by folks who didn't have a shaker I guess there wouldn't be any in there. All other technical questions I'd defer to Mr_Tantrum, he seems to be the best tech support on this side of the waters with these pinsound products.

#375 3 years ago

Is your pinsound board at the latest firmware? How long ago did you get the pinsound shaker kit?

It seems to be working in your machine so that's a personal call, but if you do you will get the shaker tune all the time now that can't be disabled I believe.

#377 3 years ago

I installed the firmware update in a blank usb stick.

I would always do it from a clean usb with nothing else on it.

Once updated does the firmware add shakers to new susequent orchestrations or are they imbedded in the firmware and do not affect previous orchestrations, no settings are altered.

This I do not have the answers too, maybe Mr_Tantrum can advise on this one. I can only "ASSUME" lol the orchestrations will be the same as before you updated the firmware.

Have you played around with Pinstudio and add your own pinsound shaker triggers as of yet?

If your uncertain I wouldn't do anything until you know for sure about the concerns you have with the orchestrations.

#380 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Okay so my pinsound board isn't picking up the updated files every time.

I'll drop new files on my usb here and there. Sometimes but not always when I boot the game it says "checking sound files"

If I swap out a few clips, do some reboots on the game, they will only start playing on the game if the "sound file check" starts.

Any suggestions?

I found this to happen a few times too so here is what I do.

When I add a new sound or sounds to a directory(s), I then load the sound package into pinstudio go to the directory I added a file to, keep clicking the play button until the new sound is played in Pinstudio, then save the package.

Now if you did this on a PC ( I do for I have my sound package on the PC and on the USB) I then copy over the sounds to the selected directories on the USB drive now, then I copy over the pinsound.config file that should have the latest time and date for the package you had just saved and overwrite the config file on the usb with the newer one. I now find the pinsound board on boot will say checking sound files which takes about 30 secs considering they are all waves, then it boots up and the newer files should now be recognized.

#384 3 years ago
    Quoted from cabuford:

I have to turn my headphones station down twice to switch orchestrations

Yep, a double tap changes them on mine as well.

#386 3 years ago

Follow up:
    Thanks! double tap does indeed work to change orchestrations!
    It seems to work a tiny bit faster than before with this new firmware update.
    running the new firmware with a current original orchestration from pinsound I get this:
    No official events found:
    [quoted image]
    So, either they dont exist? Or they are not being read.
    Shaker is not disabled in pinsound studio.
    I made a pristine USB stick using only the downloads from pinsound.

I think they just don't exist in that orchestration. Open the sound package with Pinstudio, create some shaker routines and save. Now read the pinsound.config file again and see if they are in there now.

#388 3 years ago

Pinsound itself doesn't have any official releases for any games, these are done by people of the pinsound community. So keep in mind any packages you download other then original rom set are done by folks like you and I who jazz things up to their liking. Which is great for you can find one you really like and make some alterations to your liking if you choose to.

Have you looked here:

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php

From what I understand this is a separate entity from Pinsound and ran by a private individual for folks to hosts their creativity.

#391 3 years ago

Now looking through their site I don't see anyplace where to download firmware just for the shaker motion kit to upgrade, all I see in Pinsound board. However this is what is stated for the shaker:

"The official shakerizations (you can check the current supported machines) are embedded in the PinSound sound board firmware.

Please make sure to update your PinSound sound board with the latest firmware available:"

So the way I read it is if the original machine had a shaker from factory settings, those routines will be in the newest pinsound board firmware update. Keep in mind they are still working on firmware, also maybe good intentions are posted sooner then the actual firmware to support these things, but it coming.

However you have the motion kit, make your own it more fun plus you can custom it anyway you like i.e. Duration, strength, pattern, etc...

#393 3 years ago

Well, you got me by the nuts then lol.

I don't know what to say other then the way it reads it should be in there with the latest firmware if you don't want to do it your self. Now are you checking for shaker on the original rom or downloaded orchestrations?

I ask for maybe its for the official original game roms that was implied

#395 3 years ago

Do you hear the shaker initializing on startup, that funky tune it plays?

#397 3 years ago

Ok do you have the coin door closed when booting or at least the high power switch pulled if door is opened so all the high power coils and flashers are active?

#398 3 years ago

Other then that I don't know what to say other then I'm at the firmware just before this one and don't know if they removed that tune or not in the newest version. If you hadn't posted that link I wouldn't have known there was another firmware release, their site I find is a mess to navigate through.

#402 3 years ago

Maybe update the firmware and see if the tune is still there!

I would only if I know I can revert back if it isn't. There are times I boot and the shaker doesn't ready up so at least I know if I hear the tune or not versus having to play a game to then find out.

#408 3 years ago

No, no shaker tune at all.
    Its puzzling

Okay finally did get a reply and if I read it correctly, they did remove the shaker chime in this firmware update. In the upcoming firmware update it will be user's choice whether to have the shaker chime enabled or disabled.

#410 3 years ago

Actually might have read it somewhat wrong before coffee this morning, it will be adjustable in the next pinsound studio software release not firmware lol. Hey either way it still works out for everyone. Here was his exact reply.

"Hi Mike,

Are you talking about the "shaker chime sound" that is played at startup?
    If yes, that's a feature that will be able to enable / disable in a next
    release of the PinSound Studio.
    In the actual firmware, it's disabled.

Thanks for your feedback, I do appreciate it
    Have a good day,
    Nicolas"

1 week later
    #435 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Do you guys highly recommend the pinsound speaker kit? I have the stock sega speakers, they sound decent . I will probably throw in the pinsound ones just to know but wanted to hear your thoughts?

I wanted a pinsound board and shaker kit from them so I said what the hell and just ordered the complete kit for my machine. I can honestly tell you their speakers kicks ass, they sound great with very good bass drive with nice mid to high range too and clear audio. I'd recommend them especially if you are already ordering from them to save on the shipping and get it all at once.

#441 3 years ago

UPDATE!
    There is another firmware update from yesterday.
    I reinstalled everything again from scratch.
    SUCCESS!!!!!
    Enbedded shakers are so cool!
    I have no idea what my problem was but its all perfect now.
    Im very happy with the result.
    PINSOUND ROCKS!!!!!

Curious does the shaker play a jingle on boot up or is it still silent?

#459 3 years ago

How is your wall power?
    Pinsound is a little sensitive to fluctuations on the 5v end.
    Try a different wall outlet/breaker.

Check the 5v power line in the machine too, you might need a booster.

#473 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nihonmasa:

now having a mix creation question:
    Several musics in Radical are made with loops of 1'59" duration.
    Must I put the exact same length?
    Or is it ok if I have longer musics as they are looping? (no speaking of vfy etc, only the musics)

They don't have to be the same length especially with music, it's more critical with call outs to be around the same the length as not to step over other call outs if it runs longer then the original however there will be a feature in the upcoming pinstudio release to make sure different lengths don't step over each other.

#479 3 years ago

Where are the volume settings stored on pinsound?
    If i copy a pinsound.config from one orcestration to another (same game) will the volume adjustments go with it?

Outside of individual normalize volume settings to each file done in Audacity, the global settings are in the pinsound.cfg file. That would be the global adjustment to each category group done through Pinstudio. Everything done in Audacity is to the file itself.

#488 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Do you mean copy it directly onto the USB from the hard drive? If so, then I have to wait for the Pinsound card to do the conversion which takes a long time. I will just continue to use the old program. Just wondered if the new program has this function. Thanks.

No, he uses a freeware program called freac which does all the converts from .ogg to wave files on his pc with directory structures as well. Then he uses Audacity to normalize sound files individually. Now you can then go into Pinstudio and increase or decrease the gains to any category group as you wish i.e music, voice, jingle etc...

As for the shaker if you have the pinsound motion kit then yes use the new studio to create custom shake routines. If not you still should use the new pinstudio but first and foremost update to the latest firmware for the pinsound board being the conventions have changed in the past few months or so and this is the new direction for the future with them.

#499 3 years ago
    Quoted from zahner:

That sounds interesting. I always suspect my issues all are associated with human error. So, I hate to sound full of error (AKA:dumb) but can you explain what you mean by: “make sure your pin settings are set to allow minimum volume.”

In your game menu settings, there is a feature called “allow or override minimum volume setting” make sure that is set to yes. I can’t recall the exact term but it something like that and by default it’s set to no.

1 week later
    #506 3 years ago
    Quoted from dimthedaylights:

just installed in my LAH today and so far amazing!!!!! One question i cant for the life of me figure out how to switch packages, when i turn my volume all the way to the left it does nothing, and if this matters doesnt actually go to 0 volume i can still hear music. thanks in advance.

It’s a double tap on the turn down not just once otherwise you just lowered the volume.

By the way be sure to update to the latest firmware.

1 month later
    #543 3 years ago

Just keep in mind the more mixes you put on the usb stick, the longer it will take to boot up the card to become ready.

#547 3 years ago

Hopefully they will make an adapter for Gottlieb machines, this would be killer in a Freddy.

1 month later
    #556 3 years ago

Anyone know the changes for the new firmware released 9/17/20 ?

#558 3 years ago

That change log has been up for a while now, I'm guessing they didn't post one as of yet. I'll hold off until I see what changes were made

#560 3 years ago

I'm hoping for the new version of pinstudio to follow shortly : )

1 week later
    #574 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Any thoughts on the new Pinsound card released today? Not sure what the difference is with the Pinsound Plus? Thanks.

I think it looks good for someone who wants to save a few bucks and don't need all the features of pinsound plus board, but then again with the special going on if you get the pinsound plus you can grab the headphone station for free for the next three days I believe. So I took advantage and order another Pinsound plus board with my free headphone station which is an absolute must on these machine just for the benefit of volume adjustment and switching sound packages on the fly without having to open the coin door and play with buttons.

#577 3 years ago

New firmware dropped today too, wish they would update the change log tho....

2 weeks later
    #585 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thanks - that all happens.
    Just wondered how much background hiss is acceptable coming from speaker?

What game is it, did you replace the stock speakers, is it wired for stereo like the manual suggests or did you leave it mono?

#587 3 years ago

Didn't even know that pinsound board has adjustable sound settings?

Ok which board do you get, the Plus or the Neo?

#590 3 years ago

Also suggest that you wire the speakers for stereo if you already haven’t done so. They sell the speaker wire kit for Williams Bally.

#592 3 years ago

Yes, plus. Will look into speaker wire kit.
    Adjustment knobs didn't make a difference.
    Thanks

I just put a plus in my CFTBL. I did leave the stock speakers, installed the headset station to raise and lower volume plus the ability to switch sound packages on the fly, and I also re-wired the stock speakers following their stereo instructions on doing so along with their wire kit. I do suggest their kit for the plugs are already wired to plug right into their boards, speaker connections are no big deal to solder.

I can tell you the adjustment knobs do make a big difference when adjusting even the stock cab sub was rattling the glass. Now the stock 4ohm speakers aren't the best nor is the 6" cab sub which I'll replace to an 8" shortly. However I have to figure out what to do for the back box speakers. I can put on 5.25" full range in the left but the right side is my issue as I want to add the speaker panel lighting to CFTBL and the circuit boards might be in the way of any speaker larger then 3.5"

2 months later
    #752 3 years ago

Does anyone have the notes on what the latest firmware (01/12/2021) changes are?

1 month later
    #782 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

You have to install the packages one at a time. Zip format, in root folder. It takes time. Once that package is completely installed (20-30 mins), then shut down, remove the USB drive and put your next zip file on there. repeat.

Or you can convert all the files to wav on your PC, saves a lot of time instead of having the PS board doing it.

#786 3 years ago

New Pinsound Studio Pro software posted up on their site.

#794 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

Has anyone tried record/playback with the new drop of Pinsound Studio? I'm rather new to ownership so have no experience with this feature yet until today. I tried playing back a recording, and the software crashing (goes to "not responding" and then closes). The playback file is of a semi-long game of 20 minutes - haven't tried doing a short 10 second recording of a particular sequence yet, just went for broke on my first attempt.
    Just curious if this feature is working for anyone else yet - will triage some more this evening.[quoted image]

I have tried to load the recorded game and it states " cannot be loaded " or something like that.

#797 3 years ago

I still cannot get the psrecord to import no matter what, besides dealing with a ton of software crashes. I hope I still have to older version to reinstall lol.

1 week later
    #803 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ashram56:

I would welcome feedbacks on two points:
    - Has anyone tested LOTR Pinsound shaker package vs a "standard" Stern Shaker implementation (ie using the updated PAL and ROM, etc)
    - There are four expansion ports available on Pinsound, has there been any documentation on how to use them ?
    Thanks !

On my first LOTR I had the version 10.02 and pal chip upgrade to implement that shaker which was great. Since selling that machine and buying another years later I now went with the complete Pinsound setup with the shaker.

IMHO the pinsound shaker setup is leaps and bounds over the LE version of 10.02. One of the biggest draws to it is that you have the ability to implement that shaker on any sequence you like in addition to strength, pattern and duration of the shaker's use.

If you are going to get a pinsound it only makes sense to go for the few extra dollars and get their shaker kit setup. Once again that's MHO.

#805 3 years ago

Unfortunately I do not know the answers about using the stock shaker with their control board and voltages etc... So that maybe a question for Nick at Pinsound.

That being said to customize the shaker routines is just as quick as clicking a button, I can literally add a shaker to any sequence in seconds in pinstudio choose which target/sequence etc click motion control on, pick pattern, strength and length click save, done.

Good luck and hopefully you get the info you are looking for.

1 month later
    #842 3 years ago
    Quoted from miga:

Hi everyone
    I just got my first Pinsound board for my TAF
    I had some installation issues which I sorted out but when I was looking to fix the problem I remember coming across a post where someone mentioned that you can put different mixes onto the same flash drive (with the use of Pinsound Studio Pro) and that you then can change the mixes whilst playing the game. I can’t remember but I think you can do rhis through the colume buttons in the coin door. ?
    Does anyone know hiw this is done or point me to the person or thread this was mentioned.
    I was looking everywhere but just can’t find it anywhere anymore
    Thanks in advance

If you have the headset attachment, it's a double tap down at zero, if not it can be down with the volume button on the door, once again double tap down at zero, This will change to the next mix on the card. Rinse and repeat to keep doing so.

1 month later
    #860 2 years ago

^^ +1 Yep guess addressing some discovered bugs

#861 2 years ago

I just noticed a May pinsound studio version update listed on there as well.

#863 2 years ago
    Quoted from SDVmnt:

Any release notes on the new pinsound version?

** VERSION 21.05.6 - 31 MAY 2021
    ------------------------------------------------------------

* New: sound files can now be in OGG (or WAV) file format
    * New: shakerization for Fish Tales
    * New: shakerization for The Simpsons Party Pinball
    * New: shakerization for Funhouse
    * Improved: Headphones Station volume management on WPC machines
    * Improved: boot.wav can now be located at the root of the flash drive
    * Fixed: volume issue during soundpack preview
    * Fixed: recording files (PSRECORD) correctly saved

#869 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone got a working link to a site that will convert Youtube videos to MP3? My old site seems to be down. Thanks for the assistance.

Free download is a program called ClipGrab. It will capture video and audio just be sure to hit the drop down box on the settings to select if you want the MP4 or MP3 of what you want to grab.

#871 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok, thanks. Is it an app or can you do it through a website?

Is a small program you download, nothing done through a website. Just be sure what you are downloading as sites it will try to throw a bunch of other crap at you to download like winzip etc.... just the clipgrab you want. When you close those other pop up offer clipgrab download box will open up. It's just a few mb's.

1 week later
    #883 2 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

My STTNG mix often has delays starting the audio when a starting a mode. Is that normal or a side effect of my usb card? It’s a PNY Usb3.0 card rated at 90Mbps read times.

Are you running an USB extension cable? If so make sure the cable is 3.0 as well, in addition the USB drives are cheap enough so grab another one that is 3.0 and do a compassion test to see what can be ruled out.

3 weeks later
    #894 2 years ago

Prices jumped a bit on the Pinsound gear I see....

#895 2 years ago
    Quoted from Morpheus:

could my usb stick not be compatible?
    i have formated it to FAT32 format

what size usb stick? and is it 2.0 or 3.0?

2 months later
    #912 2 years ago

I haven't checked in a while until today but is pinsound-community.org down for everyone else too?

Thanks

2 years later
    #1344 83 days ago
    Quoted from coinopper:

I have a Royal Rumble with a PinSound board and I'm not able to change the audio themes using the volume pot. If I turn the volume all the way to the left (down), I can still here sound, and PinSound requires the sound level to be at 0 (btw, how does the board know what an analog (?) pot is set at? Aside from using the optional onboard headphone jack + volume pot, what other options are there? Would physically disconnect the pot from the harness work or would a pot with a higher ohm rating be needed?
    In looking in the game's adjustment menu, there's a screen that shows the background volume at 100%, but I don't see any menu options for changing that. Is it possible to?

Did you try adjustment #41? Try setting it to 0

1 month later
    #1364 41 days ago

To keep things easier I would just pickup another 8gb usb stick and keep the sound packages for different machines isolated. As for the swap I don’t recall if you need different cabling but I do believe there is a small adapter board that has to be installed on the white star board. You’ll need to pull a chip, install the adapter board then reinstall the chip then do the cabling.

Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Good evening,
    I have this PinSound Neo board installed in my Williams IJ and it provides great music, sound effects, and call outs during game play.
    I recently picked up a Stern LOTR and would like to transfer this board to that pin and upload LOTR sound files to it.
    I would like to keep the IJ sound file, presumably on the USB, in case I want to transfer it back to IJ.
    I reached out to the PinSound team asking how to do all this but have not heard back.
    How do I transfer the board? Do I need to order new connectors or other hardware moving it from a Williams to a Stern? Do I just use a different USB to save the LOTR file?
    TIA
    [quoted image]

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound?tu=deathhimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.