2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by pinballjah
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    658D1D92-8874-45C1-99B7-4ED603983BDA (resized).jpeg
    59236C1F-C60B-4B8F-B904-894E224F6A97 (resized).jpeg
    BDED803C-86B7-417C-A207-C2798E53EAE8 (resized).jpeg
    5.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazzard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 2 years ago

Hi!
    Working om my Frankenstein these days. Now, some of the sounds from the game is simply not present on the legacy mix I downloaded from pinsound.org.

In pinsound studio, I can see it trigger sounds that are reported as missing files. Do you know how to make a folder belonging to the missing files? The code after missing files don't seem to resemble the normal folder codes... ,

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That is a good question as I know Pinsound studio matches a psrec file to an orchestration you already have. I think what you have to do is to somehow extract/download the original sound ROM of the pin. A quick search led me to this (I've not tried this myself): https://www.pinsound.org/sounds-rom-file-extraction.
    You can get the ROM you are looking from here (I think this is what you want): http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=947. Download the 2 MB zip file titled ROMs under the ROMs section. Unzip and there is a text file that tells you what each ROM file is. From there it looks like you can use the other tools listed to see the identity of all the sound events. After that, you just need to create an appropriately named folder and filename.
    Sounds like some work and discovery, so please let us know how it goes for you. Sorry I am not much help since I've never done it, but intriguing process.

Thanks a lot for the direction :-) Will do some research and post here if Im successful.

1 month later
    #67 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hazzard:

Thanks a lot for the direction Will do some research and post here if Im successful.

I found that asking Nicolas directly was the easiest way to get this done

I downloaded the ROMs and extracted the audio, but still somewhat unclear how to get the folder names right.

I emailed the missing filenames to Nicolas and got the correct folder names in return

Now I am almost done with my Frankenstein mix, and it is going to change the feel of the game completely. I hope people will like it, and that they are not too found of the dreadfull original sounds/music...

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I agree with what you are saying. I wish they could come up with some program to modestly compensate select independent "developers" to author custom orchestrations. The idea would be to build out as many pins as possible whereby broadening the appeal and making things pretty much ready to go out of the box. Sure the user would need to download their specific orchestration (PinSound could not distribute I'm sure due to music licensing), but this would make things simpler for everyone. I'm no ColorDMD company fan (I like the tech), but I believe they follow a process similar to this to get grow their colorized game offerings.

I have a feeling that pinsound will get more established this coming year. Really impressed with their work so far. The new board is reported to load faster and it should even sound better with better noise isolation and spec's.

1 week later
    #76 1 year ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Nice try but no luck. Copied the firmware upgrade to the root of the USB and turned it in but didn’t do anything - I assume that means I have the latest already (April last year). The board doesn’t let you know!

Reformat the USB Drive and put ONLY the firmware on it and try again

#79 1 year ago

I have heard of several cases where you must downgrade firmware to an earlier version, and then upgrade to the newest one. True story. I am not sure where to get the older firmware, but somebody here should know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 11,500.00
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    $ 400.00
    Playfields
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hazzard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside