Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,402 posts
  • 156 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by MarkRan
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
    File Content DE Audio FLAC (resized).JPG
    MM backbox (resized).jpg
    IMG_0831 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0830 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0829 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-21 190411 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpeg
    ARCADE UPKEEP Dual Voltage PS02 (resized).png
    ARCADE UPKEEP Dual Voltage PS03 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    Capture (resized).JPG
    screenshot (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_8354 (resized).png
    IMG_8353 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 29.
    #301 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

I have a couple headphone jacks on my games. I still put each orchestration on a separate USB and just keep it in the coin box. I run USB extension cords to all my Pinsound cards and that way I can easily switch USBs through the coin door. I have constantly had issues with more than one orchestration on a USB. On all my three games with Pinsound. Never works properly for me. I never see the need to change orchestrations half way through a game, etc. Easy enough to turn the game off and reload the new orchestration within 20 seconds.

Thats actually a great idea....

#302 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

I have a couple headphone jacks on my games. I still put each orchestration on a separate USB and just keep it in the coin box. I run USB extension cords to all my Pinsound cards and that way I can easily switch USBs through the coin door. I have constantly had issues with more than one orchestration on a USB. On all my three games with Pinsound. Never works properly for me. I never see the need to change orchestrations half way through a game, etc. Easy enough to turn the game off and reload the new orchestration within 20 seconds.

This is a great idea and seems very convenient instead of pulling the backglass each time. Interesting to hear you have constantly had problems with more than one orchestration but good to know as I have just installed my first Pinsound board.

I have it installed and it is working but I do get the 'sound board interface error" credit dot that I have yet to figure out at this point. I have reset and checked all connectors and swapped out ribbon cable which was not a fix as well. I plan on reaching out to the Pinsound guys and possibly get some direction on as to why this may be happening.

#303 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Can you explain what you mean exactly? I have done a couple orchestrations for Dr. Who and they work fine on my game. Not sure if all my files are normalized? Haven't heard any complaints about the sounds being too loud. But always looking to find ways to improve my orchestrations. Thanks.

On some mixes, volume in some files is so low in gain that you cant hear them even with full volume compared to the other files.

Normalizing files gives you an even field across the board.

It also adds DC offset thar keeps a spike from killing the over all volume.

Pseudo stereo or creating stereo tracks can fatten up files so they hold up against SFX and music files.

Especially if you pan left and right of center slightly.

Also panning effects, and voice calls adds dynamics.

So, the starting point is to normalize all files to -6 db.

#304 3 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

This is a great idea and seems very convenient instead of pulling the backglass each time. Interesting to hear you have constantly had problems with more than one orchestration but good to know as I have just installed my first Pinsound board.
    I have it installed and it is working but I do get the 'sound board interface error" credit dot that I have yet to figure out at this point. I have reset and checked all connectors and swapped out ribbon cable which was not a fix as well. I plan on reaching out to the Pinsound guys and possibly get some direction on as to why this may be happening.

Yes, I find the USB extension works really well and there is no delay with the sound from an extension cord. I run a 6 foot extension.

I think I am the only person that seems to have the multi orchestrations on a single USB issue. For me, I always find that the SFX or vocal tracks will not work properly on one or more of the orchestrations when they are on one USB. So I opt for the easiest solution and just use a different USB stick.

#305 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have been struggling with my doctor who mix for a year.
    If you are making an orchestration, NORMALIZE ALL YOUR FILES PEOPLE!!! I cannot say this strongly enough!
    Yes, all the files in the game.
    I finally broke down and spent 2 days with audacity and did it.
    Also added stereo to all the voice tracks. SFX tracks dont really need it.
    Panning voices left or right a bit is incredible.
    Pseudo stereo to a few.
    Finally i have consistancy and control.
    https://ttmanual.audacityteam.org/man/Batch_Processing

Also batch dc offset:
    https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/dc_offset.html

I do not see the chains option in the program any longer, maybe it's something they removed from 2016 to now? I have 2.33 and just downloaded 2.41

#306 3 years ago

As a FYI, all of my orchestrations contain normalized sound files across music, SFX, Voice, etc. (Audacity is a great tool for this). However, others may normalize at different amplitudes that what I use, so you may have to change volume levels when switching from one of my orchestrations to someone else's.

As far as multiple orchestrations go on a single USB, I've had as many as 10 at once, and run 5 or 6 now with no issues whatsoever. However, more orchestrations on the drive means longer boot times. I rarely switch orchestrations during a game, but depending upon my mood I'll switch before/in between games. The external PinSound Headphones Station is a must have for this application. Even if you never use headphones, the ability to change volume and switch orchestrations from an external dial is so much better than having to open the coin door and use the service buttons.

The key to having multiple orchestrations on a single drive is to make sure you 1) have the latest firmware, and 2) have downloaded the orchestrations recently (say within the last 6 months or so). As a result of the new shaker, there was a period where the orchestrations changed formats. The old format doesn't play well with the newer firmware revisions in my experience, so you need to make sure everything is updated.

Regarding the extension cable, I too do this in my games. I run a 6' USB 3.0 cable from the PinSound, down into the cabinet where I can easy access it from the coin door. This makes like so much easier when doing anything that requires removal of the USB. Now, instead of having to pull my pin out, remove the backglass, and mess with things, I simply open the coin door and there's the USB drive.

#307 3 years ago

Installed the new UBS 3.1 drive as suggested. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem with the overlapping/incorrect "welcome to jurassic park" callout. You can see it at the end of this video. In this example it sounds like "relax, try and enjoy yourself to jurassic park"

It does seem like Mr_Tantrum is on to something with it being multiple files...

the folder "1537147979-welcome" has 7 files in it - image attached - but none of them are just "welcome"

the folder "3987710727-to_jurassic_park" has just "to jurassic park"

So I get one of those 7 files + "to jurassic park" every time.

I haven't modified the Endprodukt version at all, so I would suspect everyone would be having this issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    -S

JP files (resized).jpegJP files (resized).jpeg
    #308 3 years ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Installed the new UBS 3.1 drive as suggested. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem with the overlapping/incorrect "welcome to jurassic park" callout. You can see it at the end of this video. In this example it sounds like "relax, try and enjoy yourself to jurassic park"
    It does seem like mr_tantrum is on to something with it being multiple files...
    the folder "1537147979-welcome" has 7 files in it - image attached - but none of them are just "welcome"
    the folder "3987710727-to_jurassic_park" has just "to jurassic park"
    So I get one of those 7 files + "to jurassic park" every time.
    I haven't modified the endprodukt version at all, so I would suspect everyone would be having this issue.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    -S

[quoted image]

PM'ing you.

#309 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

make sure you 1) have the latest firmware

This caught my eye this morning and corrected the credit dot issue as well as the "Jackpot" issue I was having after install. I had not realized that you could update the firmware on the Pinsound board itself and the board I installed was purchased a year and a half ago (finally got around to installing it) so I would assume it was well out of date for current firmware.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention Mr Tantrum and hopefully this post can help any others that may have the same issue I was experiencing.

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

This caught my eye this morning and corrected the credit dot issue as well as the "Jackpot" issue I was having after install. I had not realized that you could update the firmware on the Pinsound board itself and the board I installed was purchased a year and a half ago (finally got around to installing it) so I would assume it was well out of date for current firmware.
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention Mr Tantrum and hopefully this post can help any others that may have the same issue I was experiencing.

Awesome, glad you were able to resolve your issue.

#311 3 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

sorry I didnt mention this earlier, but I had just purchased my PinSound + board, and I loaded the original soundtrack (thats on their website) with no problem. When I went to installed EndProducts mix I had all kinds of install problems. I then installed the latest firmware and that corrected my issue

#312 3 years ago

One trick I have mentioned before, if you use Pinsound Studio to copy the file to the USB, it eliminates the 30 minutes, etc. to upload a new orchestration to the Pinsound card. You upload the orchestration you want to Pinsound Studio and then save it to the USB with the program. Then the orchestration will load within 30 seconds on the Pinsound card when installed in the pinball machine. It does take likely 5-10 minutes to save the file on the USB, but I rather be sitting in front of the computer than standing around waiting for the game to load on the Pinsound card. Also, I find loading directly on the Pinsound card seems to take a lot longer.

#313 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

One trick I have mentioned before, if you use Pinsound Studio to copy the file to the USB, it eliminates the 30 minutes, etc. to upload a new orchestration to the Pinsound card. You upload the orchestration you want to Pinsound Studio and then save it to the USB with the program. Then the orchestration will load within 30 seconds on the Pinsound card when installed in the pinball machine. It does take likely 5-10 minutes to save the file on the USB, but I rather be sitting in front of the computer than standing around waiting for the game to load on the Pinsound card. Also, I find loading directly on the Pinsound card seems to take a lot longer.

Doing it manually on the computer with FRE:AC is a much quicker process. I've typed it up before, but at some point I just need to take the time and make a video for everyone. Couldn't be any simpler or quicker than this way.

#314 3 years ago

Issue resolved! My overlapping sound issue was indeed caused by some odd files in the endproduckt mix as described above. Once those were corrected, I get a beautiful "welcome to jurassic park" before the first ball.

Jury is still out if the newer, faster USB drive fixed my issue where occasionally I didn't get any sound. Will report back if it still occurs.

Thanks for all the help!

#315 3 years ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Jury is still out if the newer, faster USB drive fixed my issue where occasionally I didn't get any sound. Will report back if it still occurs.
    Thanks for all the help!

Even though I'm running on a different machine ... I'm very interested to see if this problem ever goes away for you... I've my theories ... but they are difficult to verify without really understanding how Pinsound is designed... and I have a sample set of 1.

#316 3 years ago

Does anybody know how to load a psrec file into the current version of Pinsound Studio? All the search results I have found have pointed to previous versions of the software which had an "advanced" tab for this.

#317 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Does anybody know how to load a psrec file into the current version of Pinsound Studio? All the search results I have found have pointed to previous versions of the software which had an "advanced" tab for this.

If your orchestration inst current.

You have to email them and send the zipped orchestration to them.

They will add the psrec and config to make it current?

They do this really quickly.

#318 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

PinSound Studio Pro does not currently support PSREC playback. However, I'm in fairly regular contact with Nicolas, and he tells me that it is close to being ready for beta testing. No definite ETA, but it is being worked on and will eventually be implemented.

#319 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

PinSound Studio Pro does not currently support PSREC playback. However, I'm in fairly regular contact with Nicolas, and he tells me that it is close to being ready for beta testing. No definite ETA, but it is being worked on and will eventually be implemented.

Thanks for the info. Next time you are chatting with Nicolas, please ask him if they are still reviewing and answering web submitted questions. I submitted this and another question about a month ago on their website after I received my first PS board and both are still waiting to be read and approved.

The other submission had to do with sound issues I had on my LOTR after installation. This is what I sent to PS:

I have a newly installed Pinsound+ board on my LOTR game. The speakers are wired as stock in mono configuration. I have so far loaded the USB with three different packages; Original, Sjoend, and Wool mixes. I have also updated the board firmware with the most current (20.01.1). I am having two different types of audio issues;

1) With the volume of the game turned down to 0, the game will play silent most of the time, but occasionally (and apparently randomly?) it will play the pinsound jingle that indicates a change of the sound package and game audio will play for a short time then go back to silent. I have confirmed this occurs with both the game speaker output and headphone output.

2) With both of the community packages the audio volume mixing fluctuates. This is most notable with the background music. The best I can tell is that when other voices or sfx are played the music volume jumps up and down. It also seems like other game sounds are not played at the correct volume and/or vary in volume as they are played. On further research, other users on pinside have reported this same behavior with this game as far back as a year ago. This problem seems to exist to a lesser extent with the original mix but is still noticeable when the volume is set to 1. This problem also is present with the game speakers (in mono) and through headphones (stereo). I will also say the overall volume of the community mixes are much louder than the original and I cannot play the game above a volume level of 2.

I think I have solved (or mitigated) those two issues by adjusting the in game sound adjustments from the game setting menu. I can post details of those settings if anybody is interested.

#320 3 years ago

I know the brothers have had their hands full with family obligations these last several weeks.

Not going to make excuses for them, but try to have some patience. Web submission should be a good way to contact or PM here on PinSide, but response will be delayed.

#321 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Thanks for the info. Next time you are chatting with Nicolas, please ask him if they are still reviewing and answering web submitted questions. I submitted this and another question about a month ago on their website after I received my first PS board and both are still waiting to be read and approved.
    The other submission had to do with sound issues I had on my LOTR after installation. This is what I sent to PS:

I think I have solved (or mitigated) those two issues by adjusting the in game sound adjustments from the game setting menu. I can post details of those settings if anybody is interested.

I have noticed this or something very similar as well in my LOTR with the custom online packages, so what I did along with capturing many additional sounds from the trilogy was open every sound file in Audacity and manual edited every sound to the same sound level. I have not had any issues since.

#322 3 years ago

Let me add to that, after that was all done then I opened the package in Pinsound Studio and made sure every knob was then set to it's default position for every sound.

#323 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have noticed this or something very similar as well in my LOTR with the custom online pacjages, so what I did along with capturing many additional sounds from the trilogy was open every sound file in Audacity and manual edited every sound to the same sound level. I have not had any issues since.

I don't think that explains my volume jumping up and down at volume 1, or the PS board switching orchestrations when the volume was set to 0. I think it has more to do with something weird that Whitestar does with low volume requests. On my TSPP when I turn the volume down to 1, you can hear the audio gets choppy and the volume isn't consistent. It's like if you play guitar and you have your pre-amp maxed out and trying to turn your main amp volume down to minimum. The sound volume gets really touchy and a bit unstable (I think that analogy works?). That's how I came to try to manipulate the other volume sound controls in the game menu and it seemed to solve both issues.

I am not saying the community mixes have perfect leveling. I just don't think that the root of my problem.

#324 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I know the brothers have had their hands full with family obligations these last several weeks.
    Not going to make excuses for them, but try to have some patience. Web submission should be a good way to contact or PM here on PinSide, but response will be delayed.

Yeah I can completely understand that. I didn't mean to put you in a place to have to give an explanation. My point was, for a first time time customer it wasn't a pleasant experience having a black hole for support for a new product that didn't work correctly out of the box. If I hadn't figured it out on my own I would have certainly sent it back for a refund and been sour on the product. I only mentioned to you in the case you could pass along feedback that the approved method of support seems broken and if isn't the right way to get help, then they should update their website.

In any case, a general thanks to you for taking the time to help folks on Pinsound's behalf.

#325 3 years ago

It would be cool if you could post the settings you did, I'd like to try them out if you don't mind. Yeah mine was different the level would go to almost nothing to some blaring so I just re did them all. It was a labor of love I can tell you that, three days like six hours a day it was almost like watching all three directors cuts lol.

#326 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobF:

Yeah I can completely understand that. I didn't mean to put you in a place to have to give an explanation. My point was, for a first time time customer it wasn't a pleasant experience having a black hole for support for a new product that didn't work correctly out of the box. If I hadn't figured it out on my own I would have certainly sent it back for a refund and been sour on the product. I only mentioned to you in the case you could pass along feedback that the approved method of support seems broken and if isn't the right way to get help, then they should update their website.
    In any case, a general thanks to you for taking the time to help folks on Pinsound's behalf.

That all makes sense. Just as a reminder to the newbies to this thread, in no way do I officially represent PinSound, nor do I receive any compensation from them. I'm just a guy who loves and appreciates what PinSound brings to these pins. I have two pins that PinSound supports, and in them I've gone all out with PinSound boards, PinSound shakers, PinSound speakers, PinSound Headphone Stations, and one of my games has the PinSound DMD controller in it.

I've literally developed dozens of PinSound orchestrations for both my games and a multitude of other games commissioned by other owners. Additionally, I've done several shaker routines for both of my games and several others as commissioned, and many of my shaker routines are now embedded by default into the PinSound firmware. I'm happy to share what I've learned over the last few years with others to hopefully enhance their experience, as well.

I do all of this as a hobbyist, who happens to love the PinSound products. They bring new life to old pins, and IMO are the first upgrade any owner should consider if they want to enhance and improve the game playing experience. I have no special connection to the PinSound brothers, other than them being aware of my passion for their products. We informally correspond every few weeks both regarding their products as well as personal matters. My main intent in my relationship with them is to genuinely express my gratitude and encouragement for what they are bringing to the pinball community, as well as offer constructive criticism where applicable (obviously, they are free to take it or leave it - which they have done both at various times).

It is important to know that this is not their full-time gig. They are pinball enthusiasts with knowledge, skill, and passion as it relates to electronics, software development, and pinball. They are offering something quite unique to pinball, whereby they take a hybrid approach. They provide technically advanced products and tools, but it is up to the community to actually develop the orchestrations for the various games. There are both pros and cons to this approach, but to me it is the best of both worlds. We get a professional product platform, yet we as owners get to apply are creativity to it (I wish the could be said for other pinball enhancements, e.g. color DMDs just to name one). The downside is that it takes time as a community to develop a good orchestration library, and I would say that many/most either don't have the skill, time, or desire to learn how to do audio editing to the level required to produce a good orchestration for a game. Even so, people in this position still have options to enhance the OEM orchestration using PinSound, to encourage the community of owners of a given pin to work together, or to even commission (i.e. pay money) and work with people like me to create them.

#327 3 years ago

It would be cool if you could post the settings you did, I'd like to try them out if you don't mind. Yeah mine was different the level would go to almost nothing to some blaring so I just re did them all. It was a labor of love I can tell you that, three days like six hours a day it was almost like watching all three directors cuts lol.

Two settings (I think the first one is probably the difference maker)

• (LOTR) Feature Adjustment 26
      MAXIMUM VOLUME EFFECT (in the manual it is called ALLOW VOLUME EFFECTS)

Set to YES, the volume will automatically adjust louder and softer, depending on what feature (or certain events) is being played and/or how well the player is performing (or awards received)

Default is: YES (this is according to the manual. The name and values have changed with code updates)
      Mine is: '00'

• Standard Adjustment 37
      BKGRND MUSIC VOLUME

Set between 01-15. After volume is set via Portals Service Buttons this adjustment can be utilized to adjust the background music (1 all the on, 15 all the way off) will keeping the Special Sound FX the same level

Default is: 01
      Mine is set to: 03

#328 3 years ago

I’m going to try these tomorrow thanks, maybe I’ll shoot a quick vid and post the results as well.

#329 3 years ago

I’m going to try these tomorrow thanks, maybe I’ll shoot a quick vid and post the results as well.

That would be great. I wasn't very regimented in my experiments. I just took a couple of guesses and the problems seem to go away. I didn't even note down what values my machine started with. I am curious if you can reproduce the 0 volume track skipping issue...

#330 3 years ago

My sound settings are default, I’m running ver 10.02 so I’ll note my values before I touch it. Then I’ll try a game with volume at zero to see if the issue happens that you had occur. I do know for sure volume effects is set to yes I do recall that one, and I think my background is set to 1.

#331 3 years ago

Ok just a quick update with my settings still at default and volume at zero I played 3-4 games one of which was pretty long destroying the ring etc... and had no volume anomalies.

Then I set my background to :03 and my Maximum volume effects which was 05 to 00. To me the game was much more enjoyable this way as each callout was properly heard without hardly any stepping over each other and they were a bit more pronounced over the music track now.

What CPU ROM version and Display ROM version are you running in addition what Sound ROM ver do you have? I'm at 10.02, 10.00 and Sound 1.00

#332 3 years ago

Ok just a quick update with my settings still at default and volume at zero I played 3-4 games one of which was pretty long destroying the ring etc... and had no volume anomalies.
    Then I set my background to :03 and my Maximum volume effects which was 05 to 00. To me the game was much more enjoyable this way as each callout was properly heard without hardly any stepping over each other and they were a bit more pronounced over the music track now.
    What CPU ROM version and Display ROM version are you running in addition what Sound ROM ver do you have? I'm at 10.02, 10.00 and Sound 1.00

Cool. Glad the changes were an improvement. I am on 10.0 for the game and video. Not sure the Sound ver.

#333 3 years ago

RE: not getting any sound ocasionally...

Quoted from Ricochet:

Even though I'm running on a different machine ... I'm very interested to see if this problem ever goes away for you... I've my theories ... but they are difficult to verify without really understanding how Pinsound is designed... and I have a sample set of 1.

New flash drive, new files, latest firmware...same issue. Occasionally, I hear the boot.wav sound and then when the game starts...no sound.

Not sure what else I can try. The good (bad/sad) news is that now the kids know they should reboot it if they don't hear "welcome to jurassic park"

#334 3 years ago
    Quoted from scootss:

New flash drive, new files, latest firmware...same issue. Occasionally, I hear the boot.wav sound and then when the game starts...no sound.
    Not sure what else I can try. The good (bad/sad) news is that now the kids know they should reboot it if they don't hear "welcome to jurassic park"

I'd bet that because unregulated power supply (used to power audio amplifiers) and the 5V logic power supply have different rise times and some Pinsound boards are more sensitive to this than others so the USB controller isn't coming out of reset when it should... or something like that... that's just my guess. When it works you can clearly see the access LED on the USB stick illuminate immediately when the power is first applied. When it doesn't ... the LED is always off.

#335 3 years ago

Mr_Tantrum do you have experience with pinsound speakers vs. theflipper fidelity pinsound kits(using a pinsound card of course) ? I ahve a monster bash here and dont quite know which to order. based on price it would beflipper fidelity in the US, but then again its more about quality and performance than price.
    do you have hands on experience?

#336 3 years ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Have you completely reseated all of the cables at both ends? Also, I think I read earlier that your 5v was constant and good, but if you've not tested this you need to using the 5v port on the PinSound.

DE games (at least JP) are notoriously known for their weak power when adding on additional options. I don't know what if any mods you have installed that draw power, but this could potentially be your issue. I have an additional power supply in my JP that feeds power to all of my other mods and don't seem to have an issue. Also, what about your POT volume control? Do you have any issues with it, or do you have the PinSound headphones station installed which takes it out of the mix.

#337 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kobaja:

mr_tantrum do you have experience with pinsound speakers vs. theflipper fidelity pinsound kits(using a pinsound card of course) ? I ahve a monster bash here and dont quite know which to order. based on price it would beflipper fidelity in the US, but then again its more about quality and performance than price.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with the Flipper Fidelity speakers. I know they have a great reputation, so I don't think you could go wrong with them. I will say, however, that the PinSound speakers are quite good. There is a definite quality difference between them and the quality aftermarket car speakers I had installed before in my Getaway. As a result, I also bought a set for my Jurassic Park.

I can definitely recommend the PinSound speakers based on experience, but I cannot firsthand compare them to the FF ones.

#338 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kobaja:

mr_tantrum do you have experience with pinsound speakers vs. theflipper fidelity pinsound kits(using a pinsound card of course) ? I ahve a monster bash here and dont quite know which to order. based on price it would beflipper fidelity in the US, but then again its more about quality and performance than price.

I just went through this same exercise, and ended up going with the Flipper Fidelity kit out of convenience. The kit seems like nice quality, and the install was very easy. I almost bought the PinSound speaker kit, but it made no sense due to shipping costs (I'm sure the quality is about the same). That being said if I had not ordered the FF kit already I would have tried the Pinwoofer speakers.....I'll give them a go on my next project.

#339 3 years ago

Flipper fidelity speakers are really nice. Superb packaging and excellent cables.

They also have a stereo cable available specifically for pinsound.

I bought them.

#340 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I have the FF in my getaway with a pinsound. its just for my monster bash that i am considering the pinsound because of the ridicoulous price of FF in germany and the complication of getting them brough here from the us, if o order there.

#341 3 years ago

Been having a heck of a time getting my IJ to consistently come up and recognize the USB card when the machine has been cold for a while. Usually it takes one or two power cycles to work.

Full disclosure my WPC power driver board was rebuilt ... and it now uses the EzSBC modules for both the 12V and 5V supplies. Power supplies are dead nuts on and PinSound diagnostics consistently report 5V as such. My machine has been gone over with a fine toothed comb... no strange behavior ... everything works perfectly. I am running an LEDOCD and GIOCD but this problem existed before those were added.

I had been suspecting all along my faulty power up has something to do with the power supplies... These little switching modules have different behavior (power up rise time / regulation) than the traditional linear devices they replace.

What I did is hack-ish... but I’m OK with it:
    I used my Kahr board that I don’t need anymore since I have nice clean power supplies... so am generating the +5V needed for the sound board from the 12V supply. I’ve either sped up or slowed down the rise time of the 5V supply for the PinSound board.

Works perfectly... no more faulty starts.

1D8ACDF5-39AF-465D-903C-2716DDF01106 (resized).jpeg1D8ACDF5-39AF-465D-903C-2716DDF01106 (resized).jpeg4758E544-7AA0-4A09-8F5D-792A77952F14 (resized).jpeg4758E544-7AA0-4A09-8F5D-792A77952F14 (resized).jpeg

#342 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

Works perfectly... no more faulty starts.

Glad to hear you got it figured out. Less glad that the solution is definitely beyond my capability!

#343 3 years ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Glad to hear you got it figured out. Less glad that the solution is definitely beyond my capability!

No doubt Ricochet has some serious skill sets

#344 3 years ago
    Quoted from scootss:

I don't have the exact reason why (I've my hypothesis) but I will get to that as soon as I can hook some probes up and examine what is going on with and without what I've done.

#345 3 years ago

I am not sure if this has been answered but could use some help: (sega/whitestar)

1. If I put multiple sound files in a folder, it will effectively randomize the play?
    2. if so, do the sound file names matter?

#346 3 years ago

It will randomly play all files in the folder, name structure doesn’t matter it’s totally random.

#347 3 years ago

It will randomly play all files in the folder, name structure doesn’t matter it’s totally random.

Affirmative. The only thing that must remain unchanged is the numerical portion of the folder name the files are placed in.

#348 3 years ago

Im looking at the pinsound plus, recent firmware update.

From mid may 2020.

It does indeed specify in the changelog, shakerization for MM, ToM, doctor who etc.

What does this mean?

Its just firmware right? Or is this something new?

None of the other changelogs mention shakerization.

I know that DW, ToM and MM have a problem with adding a shaker rumble to the draw bridge, castle and DW time expander and magic trunk on ToM.

The electric motors dont have sounds attached to them to draw on.

How does it interact with the shaker?

In theory the pinsound plus should know when a motor is running, since its plugged into the system.

Is says shakerization for specific games.

This is confusing.

#349 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im looking at the pinsound plus, recent firmware update.
    From mid may 2020.
    It does indeed specify in the changelog, shakerization for MM, ToM, doctor who etc.
    What does this mean?
    Its just firmware right? Or is this something new?
    This is confusing.

I just got a shaker for DE Star Wars. I'd already created a new sound package but have not added shakerizations. It works with a default shakerization that's in the firmware. If I edit my files in PinSound Studio, I think they'll override it. Works fine on stock though!

#350 3 years ago
    Quoted from cabuford:

I just got a shaker for DE Star Wars. I'd already created a new sound package but have not added shakerizations. It works with a default shakerization that's in the firmware. If I edit my files in PinSound Studio, I think they'll override it. Works fine on stock though!

This is awesome news!

There are 1,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.