Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 156 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Pablito350
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
    File Content DE Audio FLAC (resized).JPG
    MM backbox (resized).jpg
    IMG_0831 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0830 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0829 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-21 190411 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpeg
    ARCADE UPKEEP Dual Voltage PS02 (resized).png
    ARCADE UPKEEP Dual Voltage PS03 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    Capture (resized).JPG
    screenshot (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_8354 (resized).png
    IMG_8353 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 29.
    #901 2 years ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Quoted from pinballinreno:
    That involves the psrec system that is now again available in pinsound studio.

That sent me on the right path. Thank you!

And I'm stuck. Changed my config file, created my .psrecord file. I'm on a mac...no worries...installed wine..installed pinsound studio. Imported my .psrecord file and...nothing.

Can I trouble someone who has a working pinsound studio to open my .psrecord and tell me the last few sounds that were triggered? Thank you!!

psrecord (resized).jpgpsrecord (resized).jpg
    #902 2 years ago

Here's a video showcasing the custom Pinsound soundtrack I assembled for my ST:TNG. I took elements of soundtrack packages from Jedimastermatt, Pinballshark, and PinHead and then added my own touches. I reached into Star Trek Beyond, TOS, and Into Darkness for some music cuts.

In addition to the Pinsound board, I also have their upgraded 2.1 speakers and subwoofer in my cabinet...sometimes the bass in the soundtrack shakes my flipper cam mounted to the lockbar, so apologies in advance if it makes you dizzy.

I took elements of soundtrack packages from Jedimastermatt, Pinballshark, and PinHead and then added my own touches.

Speech is pretty much the same as original although I did re-encode the files and increased their amplitude a bit. You can hear the custom SFX and background music for things like "mission select", "mission ready", "end theme", etc. throughout the video. Here are some time indexes for specific custom music to sample:

Startup
    Holodeck message: 00:16

Music
    Rescue Mission #1: 00:45
    Time Rift Mission #1: 01:45
    Shuttle Simulation #1: 02:48 (left flipper button stuck and I crashed into the cavern wall)
    Worm Hole Mission: 03:23
    Borg Multiball #1: 04:15
    Search the Galaxy Mission: 06:20
    Asteroid Threat Mission #1: 07:04
    Q's Challenge Mission #1: 08:06 (with two wicked saves at 08:29 and 08:39)
    Shuttle Simulation #2: 09:13 (made it thru this time)
    Battle Simulation #1: 09:53
    Romulan Multiball: 11:11 (lots of bass/flipper camera shake here)
    Final Frontier #1: 11:58 (6 Artifacts)
    Battle Simulation #2: 13:29
    Ferengi Multiball: 14:50
    Q's Challenge Mission #2: 17:31
    Riker's Poker: 18:07
    Rescue Mission #2: 19:06 (rescued everyone this time)
    Asteroid Threat Mission #2: 20:05
    Time Rift Mission #2: 21:29
    Borg Multiball #2: 22:07
    Bought in one more ball: 23:12
    Final Frontier #2: 23:15 (11 Artifacts)
    End Theme: 24:53

While I triggered most everything, I didn't get to Cardassian Multiball this particular game.

This afternoon, I submitted the soundtrack (STTNG_Mathazar_Mix_v1.7.zip) to Pinsound for inclusion on the community site, but it needs to be approved by one of their moderators before it's posted. Watch for it soon.

1 week later
    #903 2 years ago

I installed Pinsound plus on Dracula. When I start a game it works and sounds great. However, about 30 seconds in it cuts out and the Pinsound board reboots. The sound eventually comes back, but it reboots intermittently. Any idea what the issue could be? I do have a Pinsound shaker, pinwoofer and color dmd hooked up as well. I’m not sure if that would effect the Pinsound board. Thanks for any help.

#904 2 years ago

Per our PM conversation (posting here for benefit of others), you may be drawing too much voltage from the 5V feed. You need to stick a meter on the PS 5V port and see what it reads. Alternatively, I think the log file will also tell you the voltage level on boot. Even so, a meter is peter to watch to see if it dips prior to your issue.

Also, as a rule of thumb to test:

- Disconnect shaker and DMD from power
    - Reconnect/reseat all PinSound cables (power and data) at both/all termination points
    - Power on pin with just PS connected and see if issue still occurs

if issue no longer occurs
    - One at a time attached shaker and test again, then attach DMD and test again
    - If issue occurs when just shaker is attached, then disconnect and attach DMD then test again (i.e. determine if one or both of the extra items causes an issue)
    - Test 5V on PinSound if/when issue occurs

if issue still occurs
    - Again, check/test 5V supply to PinSound

#905 2 years ago

Sorry to jump in here. But I can’t find any information on PinSound for Stern Spike 2 games. The PinSound site has the Beatles listed but I can’t find any installation information for Spike 2 games or files to download. Is it possible to install on Beatles?

#906 2 years ago

If you'll notice the icons under each game, that tells you what PinSound products are supported. For Beatles is the speaker kit (speaker icon) and accessories (flipper/wrench icon). Thus, you cannot install a PinSound board, but you can upgrade to their speakers, external volume control, and other items.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

BTW, if you want to do custom orchestrations for Spike 2 pins, I suggest you explore the Pinball Browser software in other threads here on Pinside.

#907 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If you'll notice the icons under each game, that tells you what PinSound products are supported. For Beatles is the speaker kit (speaker icon) and accessories (flipper/wrench icon). Thus, you cannot install a PinSound board, but you can upgrade to their speakers, external volume control, and other items.
    [quoted image]
    BTW, if you want to do custom orchestrations for Spike 2 pins, I suggest you explore the Pinball Browser software in other threads here on Pinside.

Thanks. I appreciate the information.

#908 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I installed Pinsound plus on Dracula. When I start a game it works and sounds great. However, about 30 seconds in it cuts out and the Pinsound board reboots. The sound eventually comes back, but it reboots intermittently. Any idea what the issue could be? I do have a Pinsound shaker, pinwoofer and color dmd hooked up as well. I’m not sure if that would effect the Pinsound board. Thanks for any help.

I agree with Mr.Tantrum it sounds like you are drawing too much power.

I put my PinSounds on their own 5v/12v power supplies so it doesn't overtax the main system.

1 month later
    #909 2 years ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Installed the new UBS 3.1 drive as suggested. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem with the overlapping/incorrect "welcome to jurassic park" callout. You can see it at the end of this video. In this example it sounds like "relax, try and enjoy yourself to jurassic park"
    It does seem like Mr_Tantrum is on to something with it being multiple files...
    the folder "1537147979-welcome" has 7 files in it - image attached - but none of them are just "welcome"
    the folder "3987710727-to_jurassic_park" has just "to jurassic park"
    So I get one of those 7 files + "to jurassic park" every time.
    I haven't modified the Endprodukt version at all, so I would suspect everyone would be having this issue.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    -S

I am having this exact issue with a brand new Pinsound board. The flash drive was bought from them also and preloaded with the files. I would agree that everyone that uses the Endprodukt, as posted on Pinsound site, would be having the same issue.

#910 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbott1701:

I am having this exact issue with a brand new Pinsound board. The flash drive was bought from them also and preloaded with the files. I would agree that everyone that uses the Endprodukt, as posted on Pinsound site, would be having the same issue.

Indeed. Your easiest bet is to reach out to Mr_Tantrum and ask for his version...he's very nice . Alternatively, it's not too hard to go through the folders/files on the UBS drive and remove the additional file(s). It's a harmless operation to remove files. I always make a backup of my full USB before I modify the files, though.

#911 2 years ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Indeed. Your easiest bet is to reach out to Mr_Tantrum and ask for his version...he's very nice . Alternatively, it's not too hard to go through the folders/files on the UBS drive and remove the additional file(s). It's a harmless operation to remove files. I always make a backup of my full USB before I modify the files, though.

Thanks. I'll try removing that extra welcome folder and keep those other 7 files like you did, see it that clears it up. Otherwise it is an awesome upgrade.

3 weeks later
    #912 2 years ago

I haven't checked in a while until today but is pinsound-community.org down for everyone else too?

Thanks

#913 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

I haven't checked in a while until today but is pinsound-community.org down for everyone else too?
    Thanks

Site is up, I can access it.

1 week later
    #914 2 years ago

Has anyone had issues with both flippers intermittently going dead during multiball after installing Pinsound? It happens on my BSDracula.

#915 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Has anyone had issues with both flippers intermittently going dead during multiball after installing Pinsound? It happens on my BSDracula.

Never heard of this, and can't really think of what might cause it other than a voltage drop for some reason.

#916 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Never heard of this, and can't really think of what might cause it other than a voltage drop for some reason.

OK, thanks.
    it's probably something else causing it.

#917 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

OK, thanks.
    it's probably something else causing it.

The high current draw on the unregulated 12v is real. It could be the cause. On my LOTR(with ColorDMD as well) the Pinsound was pulling it down to less than 10v. In my case it’s the sound itself that sounded distorted and was cutting out.

On WPC games the unregulated 12v is directly linked to the flipper optos.

Not saying it’s your issue but shouldn’t be completely ignored.

Pull the USB out of the pinsound and check the log. It will indicate the lowest and highest voltages on the 12v.

#918 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

The high current draw on the unregulated 12v is real. It could be the cause. On my LOTR(with ColorDMD as well) the Pinsound was pulling it down to less than 10v. In my case it’s the sound itself that sounded distorted and was cutting out.
    Pull the USB out of the pinsound and check the log. It will indicate the lowest and highest voltages on the 12v.

Will do!
    Thank you!
    I can install a separate power source for the 12v. I just can't find the specs on what ampacity to use?

#919 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Will do!
    Thank you!
    I can install a separate power source for the 12v. I just can't find the specs on what ampacity to use?

I buy them on Amazon. I typically get them at least 10A just to be sure. Somewhat like this:
    https://www.amazon.ca/LANTRO-JS-Converter-Switching-Transformer/dp/B0924S1J8Q/ref=sr_1_20

#920 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

I buy them on Amazon. I typically get them at least 10A just to be sure. Somewhat like this:
    amazon.com link »

Here is the response from Pinsound tech support..

For information, the sound board amplifiers are powered by a dedicated transformer wiring. From what you explain, the PLUS sound board is not related to your issue.

Do you have a weak +5V powering your CPU?

Could you send us your "pinsound-self-diagnosis" file (located at the root of the flash drive)?

#921 2 years ago

I'll have to wait until I log more errors to pull the log file, as I deleted and rewrote the USB flash drive yesterday, because I'm editing the Pinsound sound library and corrupted it. It's not the most intuitive process from what I've seen so far!

Also, here is Chris Hibler's (board expert) response...

A few things could be in play.

First, the game could be thinking that all balls have drained.

Second,
    The ribbon between the MPU and FlipTronics board might not be seated. Reseat all four connectors on that ribbon a couple of times. Pull them off half way and then press them back on.

Third,
    Measure the regulated 12VDC power. It may be low.

#922 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just to clear things up. WPC does not hook up to 12VDC but 12VAC instead and rectifies it to 12VDC. It doesn't draw 12v power from the driverboard. I was confusing with Stern Whitestar and other types which do draw 12vdc directly from the game.

#923 2 years ago

Damn!
    On BS Dracula, with the latest remix package, the game plays either the music theme or choir voices after the game ends. It alternates between these two every other game. I find this music theme to be too loud and kind of obnoxious. So, I tried locating it and changing it. The only file that I find of it is in the coffin multiball folder under music. It is the only file in there. But, this is not the coffin multiball music at all. If I replace it with another wave file with the same file name, it screws up the coffin multiball music which isn't the same music? Files with new names are ignored. But the end game music is now the file I replaced it with. How does this make any sense?

#924 2 years ago

"5. Within each sound folder you have the individual WAV sound file(s) - you can have more than one and they will be played randomly for that event"

I am unable to get this to work. Files with new names are ignored. I even tried short 3 character names. I have to rename the new file with the exact name as the original file for it to be played.

#925 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

"5. Within each sound folder you have the individual WAV sound file(s) - you can have more than one and they will be played randomly for that event"
    I am unable to get this to work. Files with new names are ignored. I even tried short 3 character names. I have to rename the new file with the exact name as the original file for it to be played.

Are you using the pinsound studio software?

Volume control is there and you can play the files on the stick.

#926 2 years ago

Are you using the pinsound studio software?
    Volume control is there and you can play the files on the stick.

Ya, I tried to change the gain on that file and it corrupted the entire file to where Pinsound couldn't read it. Had to delete and recopy the library. I could try it again, but I wanted to add a different music theme from the original sound library. When I did that, it worked for the end game music, but it screwed up the coffin multi ball music. Makes no sense to me?

#927 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, I tried to change the gain on that file and it corrupted the entire file to where Pinsound couldn't read it. Had to delete and recopy the library. I could try it again, but I wanted to add a different music theme from the original sound library. When I did that, it just screwed up the coffin multi ball music. Makes no sense to me?

Try a different USB flash drive.

Im using this one and its working perfectly:

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-16GB-Ultra-Flash-Drive/dp/B077Y149DL/ref=asc_df_B077Y149DL/

#928 2 years ago

Try a different USB flash drive.
    Im using this one and its working perfectly:
    amazon.com link »

That's the one I have! LOL! I ordered it with the kit.

#929 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, I tried to change the gain on that file and it corrupted the entire file to where Pinsound couldn't read it. Had to delete and recopy the library. I could try it again, but I wanted to add a different music theme from the original sound library. When I did that, it worked for the end game music, but it screwed up the coffin multi ball music. Makes no sense to me?

End game music can be from another event. In the case of BSD it seems to be coffin MB. There’s no way to change just one. Did it not do this with the original sound board?

There can also be a different music played for when you make the high score list. It most likely is the same music as another event as well.

#930 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It's been months since I've messed with this, but I got this working on my STTNG last year, including the random playing of multiple sound files for a particular event (in my case, left flipper button press during attract mode). IIRC correctly, the filenames can be any name as long as the folder they are in remains exactly the same (original name). If the newly added or renamed files are not being played, the pinsound board could be using an old cache file.

Delete the ".cache" file that should be found in the root folder of the USB stick. Boot up the pin, and the pinsound lady should go thru the "checking sound files" routine as the cache file is rebuilt to the groovy music. Depending on the number of changes, this could take as little as a minute or as many as 10 or more. When complete, try triggering the new or changed sound files in the game.

#931 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

It's been months since I've messed with this, but I got this working on my STTNG last year, including the random playing of multiple sound files for a particular event (in my case, left flipper button press during attract mode). IIRC correctly, the filenames can be any name as long as the folder they are in remains exactly the same (original name). If the newly added or renamed files are not being played, the pinsound board could be using an old cache file.
    Delete the ".cache" file that should be found in the root folder of the USB stick. Boot up the pin, and the pinsound lady should go thru the "checking sound files" routine as the cache file is rebuilt to the groovy music. Depending on the number of changes, this could take as little as a minute or as many as 10 or more. When complete, try triggering the new or changed sound files in the game.

Thank you!
    I will try this.

#932 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

End game music can be from another event. In the case of BSD it seems to be coffin MB. There’s no way to change just one. Did it not do this with the original sound board?
    There can also be a different music played for when you make the high score list. It most likely is the same music as another event as well.

Yes, the original sound board did play alternate files as well, at the end of game. I will just leave it alone then. I still wonder why adjusting the gain on the music file corrupted the whole thing?
    Thanks!

#933 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yes, the original sound board did play alternate files as well, at the end of game. I will just leave it alone then. I still wonder why adjusting the gain on the music file corrupted the whole thing? Maybe just a fluke. I'll try it again when I get time. Unless there is a reason why it happened that you know of?
    Thanks!

Ive had low wall power do some weird stuff on my pinsound.

Check the logs on the USB stick

#934 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

If the newly added or renamed files are not being played, the pinsound board could be using an old cache file.
    Delete the ".cache" file that should be found in the root folder of the USB stick. Boot up the pin, and the pinsound lady should go thru the "checking sound files" routine as the cache file is rebuilt to the groovy music.

Well, that was it! Deleting the cache solved the problem of other file names not being read and also the file getting corrupted when changing the gain in the Pinsound studio software. I just wish the game would always access the same folder at end of game so I wouldn't have to listed to that same music theme every other time! But at least now the volume isn't obnoxiously loud!

Thanks for the help fellas!!

#935 2 years ago

1 month later
    #936 2 years ago

The link from the OP for the instructions on how to use FRE:AC with Pinsound is no longer available. Below is the text of the instructions courtesy of the Wayback Machine.

Sound file format
    The PinSound board and the PinSound studio can only run properly with WAV sound files! (New versions support OGG apparently too, I still convert)

How to convert sound files to WAV
    You have to convert any sound file to WAV 16Bits PCM stereo, simply follow this procedure:

Download fre:ac (free audio converter, for Windows, MacOSX, Linux)

Configure fre:ac to wav encoder
    In Encoder section, select SndFile Output Component

Then click on Configure encoder
    Select file Format to WAV (Microsoft)
    and Audio format to Signed 16 bit PCM

In Output folder section, select Use Input file folder if possible

And still in Output folder select Allow overwriting input file

Now uncompress the ZIP archive to a temporary folder.

Drag and drop the previously uncompressed folder to fre:ac

Hit the green Play button to start converting.

After few minutes, once the conversion is done.

Create (if not present) a folder named audio on the USB flash drive and copy into this folder the previously converted audio mix.

Safely eject the USB flash drive and plug it back to the PinSound board, you are done!

What isn't covered here in the instructions above are few thing I will add here.

I don't know if the newest version of FRE:AC is a problem, I was getting frustrated with the file renaming adding in stuff I didn't want. So I decided to use a previous version more closely dated to when these instructions were written (Aug 2016) I used this link for older versions listed by date.
    I would grab them now as you never know when this kind of stuff goes away. ---> https://www.videohelp.com/software/fre-ac/old-versions

Also, The instruction don't tell you to change the renaming so it would correctly write the folders from the source and not "unknown album" crap.
    Under "General Settings Setup" change the default "Filename Pattern" to whatever it is showing to just <filename>.

general settings setup (resized).JPGgeneral settings setup (resized).JPG
    #937 2 years ago

Ive been using Audacity with good results.

#938 2 years ago

Maybe unrelated to this post but was going to see if I could get some help here. I recently ordered a pinsound Neo board for lotr and had existing pinwoofers. My set up went fine and I followed the instructions to a T and everything is connected properly, however now when I turn on my machine nothing happens. The lights come on but there is nothing on the color DMD.

B3400A84-A2BA-446B-B724-F2B10ADDB83C (resized).jpegB3400A84-A2BA-446B-B724-F2B10ADDB83C (resized).jpeg
    #939 2 years ago

Now game is powering on but searches for balls even though four are already installed properly and won’t start when button is pressed.

06620438-79EB-4581-B6E0-0E780297BD02 (resized).jpeg06620438-79EB-4581-B6E0-0E780297BD02 (resized).jpeg1C4814E0-88F2-4502-AE4A-461B90DF3C24 (resized).jpeg1C4814E0-88F2-4502-AE4A-461B90DF3C24 (resized).jpeg53944A5A-CD46-4F68-A0C1-C7A0143DE7E8 (resized).jpeg53944A5A-CD46-4F68-A0C1-C7A0143DE7E8 (resized).jpegC60E5BD7-9EF9-4CF2-A55A-6A05B9C67498 (resized).jpegC60E5BD7-9EF9-4CF2-A55A-6A05B9C67498 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #940 2 years ago

Hello,

with interest I've read the entire threat about PinSound.
    For my problem I haven't found a solution, but maybe someone can assist or help?
    I made a restoration of a Terminator 2 that nearly took 4 years due to different circumstances.
    In 2017 I bought a PinSound1 V1.4 at the Expo in Eindhoven.
    Two weeks ago I restart the Terminator for the first time, made some tests and games - ok.
    I installed PinSound1, but unfortunately it doesn't work properly.
    I have swapped it to my Indy with another PinSound1 with the same issues... only beeping while booting and no chance to make updates.
    I get in contact with PinSound and sent the board back to France where they wanted to check.
    Unfortunately it was damaged and no spare available, so I got an offer to buy PinSound+ with Motion Control.
    Yesterday the PinSound+ (V3.8) was delivered and I installed the board, but WTF... it even doesn't work in my T2 and Indy.
    If I start, the PinSound+ begins to check the USB Flashdrive, again, again and again... then Technical Problem.
    So I decided to format the Flashdrive (SanDisk 3.0 16GB) and copy the soundfiles again.
    After restart it took a while and PinSound+ unzipped all the files on the Flashdrive and a jingle appears.
    Then restart and while booting the LED flashes twice (white) and indicates a WPC89, then the LED turns pulsating green.
    But still no sound, only some annoying cracks and interrrupted boot.wav... after a while: "Please restart...".
    I cannot believe that either this board is malfunctional.
    PinSound+ writes a Log file and in the first section is written: NO HARDWARE DETECTED.
    I have checked all the wiring did some measurements and it is all right, so what went wrong?
    Any suggestions?

#941 2 years ago

Full Pinsound installed on my Tales from the Crypt. Downloaded all the files available and the crypt keeper call outs are washed out/ low volume and hard to hear. Played with all the dials on the board but no luck. Is it the quality of the recordings/ download? I have pinsound on my T2 and TSPP and those are perfect.

Any tips?

#942 2 years ago
    Quoted from MG7322:

Full Pinsound installed on my Tales from the Crypt. Downloaded all the files available and the crypt keeper call outs are washed out/ low volume and hard to hear. Played with all the dials on the board but no luck. Is it the quality of the recordings/ download? I have pinsound on my T2 and TSPP and those are perfect.
    Any tips?

Are you certain you've installed the stereo cable and speakers? Latest firmware?

#943 2 years ago
    Quoted from Averell:

Hello,
    with interest I've read the entire threat about PinSound.
    For my problem I haven't found a solution, but maybe someone can assist or help?
    I made a restoration of a Terminator 2 that nearly took 4 years due to different circumstances.
    In 2017 I bought a PinSound1 V1.4 at the Expo in Eindhoven.
    Two weeks ago I restart the Terminator for the first time, made some tests and games - ok.
    I installed PinSound1, but unfortunately it doesn't work properly.
    I have swapped it to my Indy with another PinSound1 with the same issues... only beeping while booting and no chance to make updates.
    I get in contact with PinSound and sent the board back to France where they wanted to check.
    Unfortunately it was damaged and no spare available, so I got an offer to buy PinSound+ with Motion Control.
    Yesterday the PinSound+ (V3.8) was delivered and I installed the board, but WTF... it even doesn't work in my T2 and Indy.
    If I start, the PinSound+ begins to check the USB Flashdrive, again, again and again... then Technical Problem.
    So I decided to format the Flashdrive (SanDisk 3.0 16GB) and copy the soundfiles again.
    After restart it took a while and PinSound+ unzipped all the files on the Flashdrive and a jingle appears.
    Then restart and while booting the LED flashes twice (white) and indicates a WPC89, then the LED turns pulsating green.
    But still no sound, only some annoying cracks and interrrupted boot.wav... after a while: "Please restart...".
    I cannot believe that either this board is malfunctional.
    PinSound+ writes a Log file and in the first section is written: NO HARDWARE DETECTED.
    I have checked all the wiring did some measurements and it is all right, so what went wrong?
    Any suggestions?

I would begin by ensuring you have the most recent firmware installed. I’m nice that is confirmed then download and install the original orchestration to see if that works.

#944 2 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

Are you certain you've installed the stereo cable and speakers? Latest firmware?

Confirm physical install first. Then I would s look at the files themselves in audacity to see if the voice callouts have less amplitude than the other sounds. I would also pull the orchestration into PinSound Studio where you can see and/or apply volume adjustments.

#945 2 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

Yes, latest firmware installed and full pinsound speaker set. Factory wiring to speakers. (Installed by previous owner). I added pinsound plus board and downloaded software.
    Would be at ground zero on audacity and computer stuff. Never dug in that far. Kinda not my cup-o-tea…

#946 2 years ago
    Quoted from MG7322:

Yes, latest firmware installed and full pinsound speaker set. Factory wiring to speakers. (Installed by previous owner). I added pinsound plus board and downloaded software.
    Would be at ground zero on audacity and computer stuff. Never dug in that far. Kinda not my cup-o-tea…

Have you tried with an alternative orchestration?

https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/category/69-tales-from-the-crypt/

#947 2 years ago

Yes. All available tracks were downloaded on the memory stick. I even tried again on a fresh memory stick to be sure. The pot (volume control) on the pin is all “crackly” and uneven when I turn up the volume, or try to shift to another orchestration but that was the issue before I put in the pinsound. Thinking rebuild kit?

#948 2 years ago

Mr_Tantrum : Thanks for advice, I already installed the latest update from August 2021, firmware is 0079 now.
    Yesterday I tried again and I figured out that PinSound+ unzipped the entire reorchestration with matching folders on the flashdrive, but after checking the USB flashdrive the nice voice said, there's a technical problem, please contact the support team.
    If I then use the USB flashdrive in the PC I get the message from Windows, that the USB stick is not working properly and should be checked.
    Tomorrow I will get a new USB flashdrive (SanDisk 3.1 16GB), so I will try again.
    I see, there's an update available today!

#949 2 years ago

The problem is solved, PinSound provided a new update today and this has fixed all issues I had.
    My board is a brand new revision 3.8 and there are only a few in the field right now.

Good work, thank you PinSound-Brothers!

#950 2 years ago
    Quoted from MG7322:

Yes, latest firmware installed and full pinsound speaker set. Factory wiring to speakers. (Installed by previous owner).

Factory wiring is likely mono. You need the pinsound STEREO ribbon cable if you don't have it already. I made this mistake initially on my LOTR.

There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound/page/19?hl=stuckey_t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.