Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,404 posts
  • 156 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Pablito350
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
    File Content DE Audio FLAC (resized).JPG
    MM backbox (resized).jpg
    IMG_0831 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0830 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0829 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-21 190411 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpeg
    ARCADE UPKEEP Dual Voltage PS02 (resized).png
    ARCADE UPKEEP Dual Voltage PS03 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    Capture (resized).JPG
    screenshot (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_8354 (resized).png
    IMG_8353 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 29.
    #851 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ashram56:

OK, so just tested on another PC where it seems to work. Will have to think of reinstalling windows
    That said, I have a TZ which is fully equipped with Pinsound + Pinsound shaker. Working fine, but wanted to add a little bit more power to some events.
    Turns out that when I take the USB key on which all orchestrations are installed, if I copy the file over to my PC and open it, I can see the orchestration, but it does not display the embedded shaker settings. So I can't edit them (aside of recreating from scratch). Am I missing something ?

When you are playing the pin, is the shaker working when set to the orchestration you are trying to edit? Shaker settings should be saved in the pinsound.config files, but I'm wondering if for routines that are included in the firmware if something different is going on.

#852 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

When you are playing the pin, is the shaker working when set to the orchestration you are trying to edit? Shaker settings should be saved in the pinsound.config files, but I'm wondering if for routines that are included in the firmware if something different is going on.

Yes shaker is working. I'm using regular pinsound orchestrations with no edits (ie the one available to download on the community website), downloaded them, put them on USB key for installation, started the Pinball. Orchestrations are working, so is shaker.

After that, I simply took the USB key, and copied the files back on my computer, assuming the shaker commands would appear when opening in Pinsound Studio Pro. No dice.

#853 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ashram56:

Yes shaker is working. I'm using regular pinsound orchestrations with no edits (ie the one available to download on the community website), downloaded them, put them on USB key for installation, started the Pinball. Orchestrations are working, so is shaker.
    After that, I simply took the USB key, and copied the files back on my computer, assuming the shaker commands would appear when opening in Pinsound Studio Pro. No dice.

You cant edit the firmware shakers.

They are on the ROM. Not the USB stick.

You can however, replace them all with your own version by making a new routine and saving it to the USB.

#854 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

You cant edit the firmware shakers.
    They are on the ROM. Not the USB stick.
    You can however, replace them all with your own version by making a new routine and saving it to the USB.

That's a bummer

But let me get this straight, just want to make sure I understand correctly...

- Community develops shaker orchestration
    - These orchestration are then provided to Pinsound, who decides on whether to integrate them or modify them
    - They are then embedded inside the firmware, but in such a way that they don't allow to access them nor modify them
    - If a user wants to modify a few shaker routines, he needs to start from scratch and recreate the entire shaker orchestration
    - There is no repository of the shaker orchestrations done by the community
    - If using community shaker orchestrations anyway, they would be tied to a given sound mix (since there does not seem to be a way to transfer shaker orchestration from sound mix to another)

Does this summarize well my understanding ?

Regards

#855 2 years ago

Sort of. Some of us include shaker routines in the orchestrations we upload, so if you had one of these you could edit it.

As simple as it is to create a routine, most want it working out of the box which is why I believe PinSound has taken the path they have.

#856 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sort of. Some of us include shaker routines in the orchestrations we upload, so if you had one of these you could edit it.
    As simple as it is to create a routine, most want it working out of the box which is why I believe PinSound has taken the path they have.

Thanks for the insight. I suspect there's a difference reason for the path taken by Pinsound, but that's a topic for another discussion.

Now back on what I'm attempting: could whoever did the shaker routines for TZ share his sound package ? I downloaded the most recent sound mix available (TZ Deep Funky) (even though I don't use this one), but it does not seem to include the shaker routines. Other sound mix are too old

Thanks !

#857 2 years ago

Well, who knows if that creator follows this thread or not, so you may want to inquire in the TZ owners thread.

You can d/l the various available TZ orchestrations and see if any of them contain a shaker routine. Now, here is a bit of a tricky part in that orchestrations from the same game can have different naming conventions. If the conventions are the same between an orchestration that has a shaker routine and one that does not, then you can simply copy the pinsound.config file from the one with the shaker routine to the one without and you are off and running. However, if the one w/o the shaker routine uses a different naming convention (i.e. the folder names have different numbers) then you are back to square one starting from scratch to create a shaker routine for the orchestration (at lease you can reference the current one as long as you can align the sounds from one to the other given they are contained in folders with different names).

Hopefully, I'm explaining this clearly enough for others to understand.

#858 2 years ago

Big firmware update today at pinsound.

Included my funhouse shakers!

Lots of positive updates.

#859 2 years ago

Sweet, thanks for the alert.

Looks like the firmware download link is broken for now: https://www.pinsound.org/help/pinsound-plus-help

#860 2 years ago

^^ +1 Yep guess addressing some discovered bugs

#861 2 years ago

I just noticed a May pinsound studio version update listed on there as well.

#862 2 years ago

Any release notes on the new pinsound version?

#863 2 years ago
    Quoted from SDVmnt:

Any release notes on the new pinsound version?

** VERSION 21.05.6 - 31 MAY 2021
    ------------------------------------------------------------

* New: sound files can now be in OGG (or WAV) file format
    * New: shakerization for Fish Tales
    * New: shakerization for The Simpsons Party Pinball
    * New: shakerization for Funhouse
    * Improved: Headphones Station volume management on WPC machines
    * Improved: boot.wav can now be located at the root of the flash drive
    * Fixed: volume issue during soundpack preview
    * Fixed: recording files (PSRECORD) correctly saved

#864 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sweet, thanks for the alert.
    Looks like the firmware download link is broken for now: https://www.pinsound.org/help/pinsound-plus-help

It downloaded for me just now, so I guess it works again.

#865 2 years ago

It downloaded for me just now, so I guess it works again.

I PM'd Nicholas, so maybe that did the trick (or was coincidental).

#866 2 years ago

Official funhouse shakers across the board !!!!!!!

new_firmware_with _funhouse _shakers (resized).jpgnew_firmware_with _funhouse _shakers (resized).jpg

#867 2 years ago

Just moved my boot.wav out of the audio folder and to the root of the USB stick.

Works petfectly!

In fact it also still works just fine in the audio folder also.

#868 2 years ago

Anyone got a working link to a site that will convert Youtube videos to MP3? My old site seems to be down. Thanks for the assistance.

#869 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone got a working link to a site that will convert Youtube videos to MP3? My old site seems to be down. Thanks for the assistance.

Free download is a program called ClipGrab. It will capture video and audio just be sure to hit the drop down box on the settings to select if you want the MP4 or MP3 of what you want to grab.

#870 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Free download is a program called ClipGrab. It will capture video and audio just be sure to hit the drop down box on the settings to select if you want the MP4 or MP3 of what you want to grab.

Ok, thanks. Is it an app or can you do it through a website?

#871 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok, thanks. Is it an app or can you do it through a website?

Is a small program you download, nothing done through a website. Just be sure what you are downloading as sites it will try to throw a bunch of other crap at you to download like winzip etc.... just the clipgrab you want. When you close those other pop up offer clipgrab download box will open up. It's just a few mb's.

#872 2 years ago

Just Google "Youtube to MP3". I've used a few of them

Quoted from pinballjah:

Site may be back since the Fastly data outage has been corrected.

#873 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just Google "Youtube to MP3". I've used a few of them

Site may be back since the Fastly data outage has been corrected.

Yes, my go to site seem to load the file but then it was getting removed by my computer. Will try it again. Thanks.

#874 2 years ago

So this question may have been covered but I’ve searched a few times and haven’t found an answer.

I have a Data East JP with a Neo board in it, everything works great but I cannot turn down the volume any lower than it currently is(or “mute” it), which is somewhat loud for when the family is asleep upstairs

Same goes for the Plus board I currently have on loan in my WWFRR. Volume /gain controls on the board itself don’t help.

The volume pot inside the cabinet door on both games is turned all the way down to its lowest. Both pots worked properly prior to the pinsound boards being installed and was. Am I missing something?

#875 2 years ago
    Quoted from mad_carl:

So this question may have been covered but I’ve searched a few times and haven’t found an answer.
    I have a Data East JP with a Neo board in it, everything works great but I cannot turn down the volume any lower than it currently is(or “mute” it), which is somewhat loud for when the family is asleep upstairs
    Same goes for the Plus board I currently have on loan in my WWFRR. Volume /gain controls on the board itself don’t help.
    The volume pot inside the cabinet door on both games is turned all the way down to its lowest. Both pots worked properly prior to the pinsound boards being installed and was. Am I missing something?

On Williams pins there is a minimum volume override that had to be disabled to address the exact issue you are referring to. However, I don't think a similar setting exists on the DE pins. I can't recall with my old DE JP I sold, but I always had a PinSound 1 with PinSound Headphones Station installed on it which gave me very fine control on volume leaves to the point of fully off to blowout my speakers and everywhere soft and loud in between.

I don't recall, but I don't think their is a volume control on the new boards is there (I do have a PinSound Plus on my Getaway, but again with a Headphones Station installed)?

Do you have a PinSound Headphones Station, and if not have you ever considered buying one? If if I were to never actually plug headphones in it the external volume control and ability to switch between orchestrations w/o having to open the coin door is a must for me. Unfortunately, I cannot say if this would or would not automatically solve your issue. Would be great if some current DE owners chimed in.

#876 2 years ago

The Plus had the EQ adjustments on board I believe.

I don’t have headphone station on either. No real desire for one to be honest.

Maybe I’ll look into this minimum volume setting. I assume it’s in a config file somewhere on the SD card. Not the end of the world, but it would be nice to be able to mute a game if I had to, or at least turn it down a tad bit more.

#877 2 years ago
    Quoted from mad_carl:

The Plus had the EQ adjustments on board I believe.
    I don’t have headphone station on either. No real desire for one to be honest.
    Maybe I’ll look into this minimum volume setting. I assume it’s in a config file somewhere on the SD card. Not the end of the world, but it would be nice to be able to mute a game if I had to, or at least turn it down a tad bit more.

No, min volume setting is a service adjustment in the pin's firmware, but again I don't think DE has this setting (just Williams and maybe others). Also, I know the EQ is on board, but the original PinSound 1 also have volume adjustments before they converted to the digital EQ.

Alternatively, you could probably add negative gain switches to the orchestration(s) you use via PinSound Studio Pro.

#878 2 years ago

I just looked up in my old JP manual, and there is a service setting for Background volume (Adj. 39 in JP). Not sure if this will help you or not.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #879 2 years ago

No difference with the Background volume adjustment.

Looked into the firmware and both boards were running older versions from 2018 (ver 18.x.x)

Updated both and now the volume pot near the coin box is working great.

Heads up, if you’re having similar issues with the minimum volume on Data East or System 11 games, try updating the firmware. Checking out the change log, there has been a few updates to address volume issues on these systems over the past few years.

It’s literally just grabbing the file from the pinsound site and dragging it to the SD card and turning on your game.

#880 2 years ago
    Quoted from mad_carl:

No difference with the Background volume adjustment.
    Looked into the firmware and both boards were running older versions from 2018 (ver 18.x.x)
    Updated both and now the volume pot near the coin box is working great.
    Heads up, if you’re having similar issues with the minimum volume on Data East or System 11 games, try updating the firmware. Checking out the change log, there has been a few updates to address volume issues on these systems over the past few years.
    It’s literally just grabbing the file from the pinsound site and dragging it to the SD card and turning on your game.

Well darn, I shouldn't have assumed you were on new firmware. Definitely ALWAYS the first diagnostic step with PinSound is to upgrade to latest firmware.

1 week later
    #881 2 years ago

Have read most of this thread (some skimming- lots of repeats). Thanks to all for the posts, especially Mr_Tantrum!
    I have posted a question on Pinsound Support, will also write to Bros through "Contact".

Game: Diner
    PS+ updated to newest firmware (June2021). Headphone Station installed.
    Different USB sticks tried, all SanDisk: 3.0, 3.2 (is 3.2 supported-not in documentation?)
    Tried another ribbon cable, same issue. Tried reseating cables.
    Voltage within recommended tolerance. Physically checked as well.

Diner posts the original file and an "orchestration". Both tried. Both same results:
    My issue is like one that was posted awhile back on a Radical game, also a Sys 11 game (post #470):
    1) works perfectly with the OEM board
    2) the files are present and playing fine on my computer
    3) it's random, some sounds or music will play and then not, even during the same game

In my words: both posted files produce same results:
    Game sounds seem random at all times, many events produce no sounds, then different music at different times, but not consistent, sfx not consistent as well, meaning one time one of two sounds will come on at end of game for bonus (for example), the next time one will, next time no sound (bonus on this game is two sound files of cash register sound played back to back).

On post #470, the solution was: "Issue solved with the Help of Nicolas from pinsound.
    It was actually extremely simple, the lack of config.ini file stating to use the system11 was the cause."

MY diagnosis file shows that newest firmware is indeed installed but it also says SYSTEM: DE. And that is on both the original mix and the Sixties Orchestration Mix. I don't know it that is the issue, as SYS 11 and DE are a lot the same and not sure if Pinsound uses DE for both in this case...but - I am thinking perhaps they have not updated Diner's config files at some point where they needed to be? Just guessing, not a computer guru.

There are no hits on the Pinsound Question page for this issue or for that matter the word "Diner" so popularity is obviously not high and she could have been overlooked? Posted question on Pinsound Questions, not yet approved. Out of ideas and patience.

If anyone knows how to change the config file or has other ideas, please give a shout.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Brad

#882 2 years ago

My STTNG mix often has delays starting the audio when a starting a mode. Is that normal or a side effect of my usb card? It’s a PNY Usb3.0 card rated at 90Mbps read times.

#883 2 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

My STTNG mix often has delays starting the audio when a starting a mode. Is that normal or a side effect of my usb card? It’s a PNY Usb3.0 card rated at 90Mbps read times.

Are you running an USB extension cable? If so make sure the cable is 3.0 as well, in addition the USB drives are cheap enough so grab another one that is 3.0 and do a compassion test to see what can be ruled out.

#884 2 years ago

Are you running an USB extension cable? If so make sure the cable is 3.0 as well, in addition the USB drives are cheap enough so grab another one that is 3.0 and do a compassion test to see what can be ruled out.

No cable. I’ve ordered a faster stick that will get here tomorrow. Getting IJ soon so I need another stick anyway, so I’ll see if this fixes it. Thanks

#885 2 years ago

I love it when I get to answer my own question. I popped a Pinsound1 board into Diner and the Pinsound+ into Indiana Jones. IJ sounds great... and after a PS1 firmware update on Diner, so is it.

I am guessing that the Diner files on the Community website are not compatible with the June 2021 firmware update for PS+. But since PS1 firmware is a year old, it's good to go.

The diags file for the Diner on PS1 does state "SYSTEM: SYS11", where as with the PS+ board it stated "DE"

thanks, Brad

2 weeks later
    #886 2 years ago

Anyone else lose their registration after updating to the latest Pinsound Studio Pro (v21.03.01)? I tried to re-register it, but I get the message

"PinSound Studio Pro cannot be registered, check your S/N and email. If you need help, contact the PinSound Studio Pro support."

I know my S/N and email are correct. I sent an email to their support team via the Pinsound website about 12hrs ago, haven't heard back yet.

#887 2 years ago

Heard back from Nicholas this morning and they resolved the issue on their end....I'm all registered again. Woohoo!

#888 2 years ago

Question on Jurassic Park...

Can someone tell me what sound (name or number) should be played when a ramp shot is made and when the end-of-ball bonus is calculated? My sound doesn't sound right - it sounds cut off. Example below. I am using the endproduckt mix.

#889 2 years ago

i'm having troubles, getting onto the pinsound community, and download a file for my T2. (how hard can it be?)
    have been trying to reset my password and all, created several accounts, but it still does not work.
    i don't get any reset mail from Pinsound. neither do i get any mail of my account being verified.
    can anybody PLEASE send me the audiopack direct by mail or so?

#890 2 years ago
    Quoted from Morpheus:

i'm having troubles, getting onto the pinsound community, and download a file for my T2. (how hard can it be?)
    have been trying to reset my password and all, created several accounts, but it still does not work.
    i don't get any reset mail from $$#$ Pinsound. neither do i get any mail of my account being verified.
    can anybody PLEASE send me the audiopack direct by mail or so?

Im uploading them all to a google drive. Will DM you the link in a few minutes when its done.

#891 2 years ago

cool, thank you very much

#892 2 years ago

got the files from MarklarD. thank you very much, that was fast!
    when starting up my pinsound, it starts in the audio conversion.
    all looks well, but whet it is completed for 90%, it says, error accountered during audio conversion.
    i'm a complete noob when i comes to software or hardware.
    am i doing something wrong? what to do?
    i have installed the latest firmware update.
    the machine is T2.

thanks in advance.

#893 2 years ago

could my usb stick not be compatible?
    i have formated it to FAT32 format

#894 2 years ago

Prices jumped a bit on the Pinsound gear I see....

#895 2 years ago
    Quoted from Morpheus:

could my usb stick not be compatible?
    i have formated it to FAT32 format

what size usb stick? and is it 2.0 or 3.0?

#896 2 years ago

Is there a way to see what sound the board will play based on what switch is hit? Like a log of sorts that I could pull off the USB drive?

Trying to determine what sound is playing so I can change it...

#897 2 years ago

what size usb stick? and is it 2.0 or 3.0?

problem solved.
    i got another usb flash memory.
    used and old micro sd card + usb adapter.
    don't know if it's 2.0, or 3.0. the adapter says T-flash.
    formatted it to FAT32 and all works.
    thanks for your reply's.

#898 2 years ago

one strange thing though, the menu sounds are no longer the old bleeps, but a very annoying voice sound.
    is anybody familiar with this.?

#899 2 years ago
    Quoted from scootss:

Is there a way to see what sound the board will play based on what switch is hit? Like a log of sorts that I could pull off the USB drive?
    Trying to determine what sound is playing so I can change it...

That involves the psrec system that is now again available in pinsound studio.

You can record a game and play it back.

Also look at the log sheet.

I havent used it yet, but its a cool feature.

#900 2 years ago

That involves the psrec system that is now again available in pinsound studio.

That sent me on the right path. Thank you!

There are 1,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound/page/18?hl=marklard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.