(Topic ID: 113181)

Tamper Proof Gulmite Bolts...look familiar?

By Rody

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

coldweldrep.jpg
    Gulmite no 8 screw.jpg
    Gulmite shank.JPG
    Gulmite screws.JPG
    Gulmite drivers.JPG
    Painting 6-27-2000.JPG
    Me May 1998.JPG
    Speakers 5-8-98.JPG
    tamper bolts.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eeperjesi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago

The one time WD-40 is permitted near a game.

1 week later
    #22 9 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

You repaired them? Why? Putting up a couple of tin cans with string between them would have improved the audio quality...

Coming from a guy with an EM collection, I find your question very disconcerting. Why not trade in all of your EMs for what, one DMD, maybe two? The reason I am 36 and have an impressive vinyl collection is because the time period was when music was good. Songwriters mattered. The sound is true to the era. Imagine sitting in the first drive in with a girl, the top down, and the scratchy speakers. This isn't today where you can download a movie on your phone. This is "how frickin amazing is the world we live in where I can drive my car into a lot and watch a movie on a 40 foot screen." We repair old things because we can, and we should.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

It took them two days. First day was all pressure washing. Second day was spray painting. I think the final bill was around $5,000.

I'm in the wrong business. I would powerwash and spraypaint that screen for a grand.

#28 9 years ago

I guess you don't get the discount on paint that I do.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

Reminds me of this poster which I have hung in my workshop:
    https://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto

That is awesome. I will put one up in my shop, but only if I can make it out of something else.

#34 9 years ago

Ken please don't take this the wrong way, but every time I see your pic, I want your hs initials to be "yuuuup!"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eeperjesi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tamper-proof-boltslook-familiar?tu=eeperjesi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.