(Topic ID: 226289)

Tall Players. What height do you set your pins?

By irobot

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Loganpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

654941967_f95da514e4_b (resized).jpg
    image-3 (2) (resized).jpg

#1 8 months ago

I'm really tall, 6'-5".

I notice that I like playing the higher pins much more than the lower ones. It's time to finally do something about it.

By lower and higher ones, I mean the way some pins sit an inch or two lower or higher than the others. Like Bally Atlantis sits an inch higher than my other pins.

Do any tall players put their games on blocks or something like that to lift them up a little?

I'm thinking of making blocks from wood with a shallow depression routed in the top to hold the foot of the pin.

Anyone come up with an elegant way to raise your pins and arcade games up an inch or two? How much did you raise it?

Did raising the games affect the shorter players?

I'm tired of the marquee light on my arcade games shining into my face. And I have to bend down to play Battlezone like I'm tying my shoes.

#2 8 months ago

I know someone who bought longer legs for all their machines, and I definitely play better on taller machines over all. But I wouldn't do anything to mine to make them taller, it'd mess me up too much playing elsewhere

#3 8 months ago

I don't know man. All the people that come over to my house are midgets.

image-3 (2) (resized).jpg
    #4 8 months ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I know someone who bought longer legs for all their machines, and I definitely play better on taller machines over all. But I wouldn't do anything to mine to make them taller, it'd mess me up too much playing elsewhere

How much longer are the legs?

#5 8 months ago

I just got an idea...

654941967_f95da514e4_b (resized).jpg
    #6 8 months ago

I put black stern legs on my BSD. Bought the wrong legs by accident but it was the best mistake in ve ever made. I was 6'5" in 11th grade

#8 8 months ago

I think they sell longer leg leveling feet. That might be an option if you’re looking to get an extra inch or two.

#9 8 months ago
    Quoted from cletus:

I think they sell longer leg leveling feet. That might be an option if you’re looking to get an extra inch or two.

The game will wiggle like crazy :/

Quoted from irobot:

How much longer are the legs?

I think just an inch or two

#10 8 months ago

It would be a bit of work and perhaps screw with your decorating theme, but consider getting some pallets and covering them with 1/2" plywood.
    In effect, make a false floor that sits higher by about 6 inches.

#11 8 months ago

Sometimes I sit on a low barstool, but mainly just when practicing a shot. I don’t nudge as well when sitting as I do when I am standing up.

#12 8 months ago

I am 6’6 and it is a pain playing machines. At home I have a barstool chair thats perfect when I sit down and play I am level with my wife who is 5’8. Thats been my solution. The other is putting stern legs on williams machines. I have those on t2 and It works pretty good stern legs holes are in different spot on cabinet so williams with stern legs raise it a good amount. Good luck and I feel your pain.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 73.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    LightAndTimeArt
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    $ 10.95
    $ 189.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 249.00
    $ 89.99
    $ 109.99
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside