You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

Went to Denver Comic Con yesterday and ended up talking pinball with Karl Urban and Brent Spiner. Both were extremely generous with their time and Karl was especially interested in talking pinball and seeing what games I had. He of course has the Stern Star Trek, but also has Creature, Addams Family, Whirlwind, T2 (didn't hear Judge Dredd) and I think TNG and clearly enjoys playing. He actually remembered signing my "Damn it Jim - Just Play Pinball" photo. I'm sure everyone in the line was wondering what in the world we were talking about and what the pictures were. It was fun to see a real person behind the celebrity and hearing him talk about something he was clearly interested in rather than typical "I'm a big fan" chit chat. He asked me where I lived - I should have invited him to come up and play. I went back to take a picture with him, but he had just left after hearing the news about the tragic death of Anton Yelchin's tragic death.

Brent was one of the most welcoming celebrities I have ever met. His special TNG game is in storage - he is thinking he should sell it - and we talked the condition and what it might be worth. He knew what a nice condition one should go for and mentioned that Michael Dorn just sold his (at a price that I thought was very fair given the pedigree of the game). Didn't seem like he played much, but mentioned it could be addictive. "There's a saying that might apply" he said as he signed "Resistance is Futile".

I get home and my wife wanted to know why I didn't just tell Brent I would buy his game. I reminded her that we sold our TNG because she didn't like the wide body, but she said "But it's Data's machine!" (I actually was proud of the fact I hadn't said that to him - as the though had crossed my mind - not wanting to invoke the wrath of wife). I was then lectured/reminded how much of a fan of Data she was ...

Also got an autograph from John de Lancie, but he's clearly not a pinball fan. Not a single comment on what he was signing.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

nice one jim

I tried to get mr. urban out to the VFW two years ago when he was here for the motor city comic con, but my friend [who was working the show] didn't have any free time to approach him in a timely manner. I figure if he makes a return appearance (next year?), I'll purchase a ticket just to ask him if he's interested. seeing as clay has moved the date for next year's show, mr. urban would have the place to himself

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 21.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/talking-pinball-at-denver-comic-con-with-urban-and-spiner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.