• 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the_totoro_who_lived_by_rezuaq-d5r8tro.png
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The reason he has that tone is because of a thread like this. This thread has the distinction of:
a) teasing (but not providing) the very updates you and RobT are debating
b) being useless
Posting "I saw ___ pinball machine and it's awesome but that's all I will say" does nothing to help people's patience, nor does it foster rumor debate or concept ideas. We all know every pre-release pinball machine from every manufacturer is the best machine ever, and no one is interested in JPOP/SkitB/DP/JJP/Stern/ etc... info if it's presented like this.
Either post something of substance (even rumors can have substance) or keep it all to yourself until the end. Either way, as RobT indicated, the heat will get cranked up ion the kitchen; it's just a matter of when.

I fully get it, I'm annoyed by them too. Holwever, Jpop isn't making the threads. Random pinsiders are. If Jpop did it or a company rep we could all be annoyed at him. For now, we shouldn't be annoyed at the guy not making the posts...

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

I think that Magic Girl is a piece of ass... Got to get me some of that if you know what I mean...

Careful where you wave that Magic Wand! Huh huh huh, heh heh heh.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I believe there are less than 20. Maybe the number was 16 of them or something like that?

Rumor is that is changed...

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Careful where you wave that Magic Wand! Huh huh huh, heh heh heh.

the_totoro_who_lived_by_rezuaq-d5r8tro.pngthe_totoro_who_lived_by_rezuaq-d5r8tro.png

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Pigjes:

Excuse me for being enthused about something. I guess being excited should not be shared on the internet.

Excited is fine, but saying that it looks great but you'll have to take my word for it, well that's BS..

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Pigjes:

I talked to John Popadiuk and he showed me pics of the Magic Girl pinball he is making: the playfield, cabinet, backbox art. He was asking for my view on art, color and design, as I draw my own comics and play pinball too. Breathtaking is not the word for it. Goosebumps!! Sorry, not allowed to show you all the pics, I promised. Wish I could buy one!

This is the first time in quite a while where I seen a thread derail in the first paragraph.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The reason he has that tone is because of a thread like this. This thread has the distinction of:
a) teasing (but not providing) the very updates you and RobT are debating
b) being useless
Posting "I saw ___ pinball machine and it's awesome but that's all I will say" does nothing to help people's patience, nor does it foster rumor debate or concept ideas. We all know every pre-release pinball machine from every manufacturer is the best machine ever, and no one is interested in JPOP/SkitB/DP/JJP/Stern/ etc... info if it's presented like this.
Either post something of substance (even rumors can have substance) or keep it all to yourself until the end. Either way, as RobT indicated, the heat will get cranked up ion the kitchen; it's just a matter of when.

#59 9 years ago

Look guys, you have one of the very few females on this site who is EXCITED about pinball.

She got to see something cool...namely, jPop art and designs, and came here to express how exciting it was. That's it.

So, fine...the initial post didn't have the details you wanted, but would it really be all that hard to be pleasant about it? Even better...if the post just didn't "do it for you", would it have been that difficult to just walk away without commenting?

Don't crush new enthusiasm...encourage it.

It's not that hard to be nice, and not every post needs an internet warrior to fight against it.

Pete

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/talked-to-a-pinball-designer/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.