Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by maddog14
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm thinking of letting go one of my three moaning ladies as I like to call them (SS, BOP, BBB) - yes SS. While I love my Elvira, I'm feeling like a hoarder as of late with my collection. I could probably go down 4 pins to be at a right sizing.

Why get rid of SS:
- Wife and two daughters rank it dead last in the collection
- When company is over, none of our guests go to play it - all B line to newer titles familiar with
- I haven't been playing her as much - except she is my Halloween ritual

I enjoy her, but starting to lean towards the newer bright light toys (WOZ, STLE, AC/DC....) that also have a shot of getting others into pinball as well. This is tough because she is a very very nice one.

I have a gentleman coming over Monday to look at her. I think it's time to let someone else who covets SS to enjoy her. I guess I'm just sound boarding. Comments or slaps in the face welcome.

#2 5 years ago

There's a local guy posting here and on CL for one, I'm sure you'd make his day if yours is for sale. Wait, I guess I'm talking you INTO it, then? GLWS!

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from devlman:

There's a local guy posting here and on CL for one, I'm sure you'd make his day if yours is for sale. Wait, I guess I'm talking you INTO it, then? GLWS!

He's the one coming over. It would find a nice home as he really wants one - that's what makes it less painful.

#4 5 years ago

Why talk you out of it ?

Good time to sell, and put the money into something your whole family likes.

LTG : )™

#5 5 years ago

Out with the old, in with the new!

#6 5 years ago

You can always get another one if you miss it, unless there's something special about this particular SS.

#7 5 years ago

A new game will freshen up your gamesroom

#8 5 years ago

Don't do it! Just build an addition on to that game room......

#9 5 years ago

Let it go, Indiana.

#10 5 years ago

Make her a bright game with some led work. That may rejuvenate your love for her

#11 5 years ago

Hmm mm I am searching for another game, but I kinda want a dmd

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

You can always get another one if you miss it, unless there's something special about this particular SS.

This made me laugh. I sold my early production SS for $2,600 back in 2009. It would now cost a lot more than that to replace it. Yes, you can always get another one...but at what price?

GLWTS! Great game.

#13 5 years ago

Nothing wrong with selling an unused machine for one that your family will love. I say move on and then take a family vote as to which pin everyone wants the most. That's money well spent. IMO. GL

#14 5 years ago

I let me second ss go for a newer game, can't say I regret it. Although I have a feeling the third ss I own will be here to stay. The change is refreshing and the nostalgia of it being gone , is kinda part of the hobby.

#15 5 years ago

Sounds like its time to sell it

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

This made me laugh. I sold my early production SS for $2,600 back in 2009. It would now cost a lot more than that to replace it. Yes, you can always get another one...but at what price?
GLWTS! Great game.

W3RD!
When I first got into pin, I bought a WH2O (aftering playing it twice and knowing NOTHING about any other machines of pinball at all for that matter). Got it for 3G. Loved it for a year then the honey moon phase hit and sold it for 4G. Now these are going for 4-5G+ and i Really wish I didnt sell it. Man i miss her

#17 5 years ago

flip a coin- better make that 2 for 3....

#18 5 years ago

Let it go. It's a fantastic game to own a few years, but once you've experienced it all and know all the call-outs, it's time to let someone else enjoy it.
The ruleset and difficulty isn't there for replayability but it makes up for it with the humor, quotes and nice flow and awesome artwork. Great pin to own - not to keep forever IMHO.
I'd lean toward a STLE and try to steer you away from a WoZ. Just my opinion.

#19 5 years ago

The solution is to own a mansion and have a game room large enough to house every single game made . Thats my game plan!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Why get rid of SS:
- Wife and two daughters rank it dead last in the collection

LOL... ya think?

Wonder what they'd think about a Channing Tatum pinball machine.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomGirl_:

The solution is to own a mansion and have a game room large enough to house every single game made . Thats my game plan!

LOL +1

We gotta hit the Lotto!

#22 5 years ago

Sell that worn out *****

#23 5 years ago

I'm interested!

#24 5 years ago

Go for it....sometimes you have to shake up the collection to keep yourself interested.

#25 5 years ago

Sell it. No convincing here. I really like SS but not sure how long I would hold it in a larger collection.

#26 5 years ago

Let her go . Got two on route and always trouble with the eddy sensor, right popper ramp flap , left popper opto
and so on . She is not a real money earner over here .

#27 5 years ago

Elvira has some great knockers! Not sure if that is reason enough not to sell it.

#28 5 years ago

SS is a keeper game for me. Just added colordmd and man.....I could play all day

#29 5 years ago

Sell it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside