Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jfh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 months ago

No doubt TPF is an amazing event for any Pinball Fanatic, but this year seems a little thin on things compared to last year (there was a lot of new and exciting games and it just seemed like there was a ton more to me).

So talk me into it! I have family in Dallas that I can stay with and my wife likes the trip.. it just basically takes up my vacation time where we could be going to Vegas or somewhere else where there is, get this, more than just Pinball.

It also appears that a lot of random people that I know are skipping this year (also heard that Cointaker is not going, which is kind of shocking).

Will this be the super hot event it was last year?

Again, not saying that TPF isn't amazing for anyone in Pinball... just to be clear!!

#2 4 months ago

You get to drink with me. It's really that simple.

#3 4 months ago

Have you ever been?

#4 4 months ago

Lots of new Stern games
    New AP release
    Food trucks
    Hard 8 BBQ
    Great selection of homebrews
    Tons of booths and swag
    Crazy pinball people
    Pretentious pinball celebrities

#5 4 months ago

I mean...500 pins on freeplay all weekend is enough to sell me.

#6 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Lots of new Stern games
    New AP release
    Food trucks
    Hard 8 BBQ
    Great selection of homebrews
    Tons of booths and swag
    Crazy pinball people
    Pretentious pinball celebrities

Now I’m in.

#7 4 months ago

Don't go. It's way too crowded. Of course, I'll be there.

#8 4 months ago

Any rumors for actual game announcements for the show? Last year had a bunch

#9 4 months ago

I'm afraid I can't let you go. It would be best for you to stay home.
    I have spoken with others who are more qualified to make decisions then you and they all agreed.

#10 4 months ago

How old are you?

How’s the cholesterol level?

You never know…

#11 4 months ago
    Quoted from Classic_Stern:

You get to drink with me. It's really that simple.

Tempting, very tempting. I can honestly say I have never regretted sitting down with anyone to talk about pinball.

Quoted from DK:

Have you ever been?

Yes sir. My other options, if I don't take the trip to TX, is (on a different date) a week in Vegas, 5 days in the Keys, or hitting one of the national parks for relaxation.

I'm not seeing the big hook for me to go this year, that's all... but.. I like hearing otherwise.

#12 4 months ago

You live really close to an airport.

#13 4 months ago

Not sure why we should have to talk someone into going to a pinball show ...especially on a Pinball website and to someone who has been a member for over 11 years...

Here are a few of the pins there:

New/newer releases:

Princess Bride
    Jaws
    Elton John
    Texas Chainsaw massacre
    Looney tunes
    Pulp Fiction
    Haggis centaur and fathom
    Labyrinth
    Barry O's BBQ challenge
    Venom

Rarer/hard to find games:

Granny and the Gators
    Barracora
    Bad cats
    Alien
    Circus
    Joust
    Motorhead homebrew
    Beavis and Butthead homebrew
    Queen
    Star Gazer
    Super straight
    The Big Lebowski

#14 4 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Not sure why we should have to talk someone into going to a pinball show ...especially on a Pinball website and to someone who has been a member for over 11 years...
    Here are a few of the pins there:

Just trying to have a little fun with this FYI. It appears that you didn't read my post. I don't see why anyone just thinks "blanket attending" is the only answer. There is certainly no disrespect aimed at TPF, amazing set of organizers and people just in case someone is thinking this is a shot at TPF. Last few times I've been to TPF, it was slammed and it's not like I was able to get a lot of plays on the new machines (if I'm being honest here). Lot's of waiting around, Body odor, and frustration trying to get plays on the new titles. But I can take the good with the bad!

I've been to many arcade and pinball shows throughout the USA in the past 2 decades, and not all are equal and year by year there can be and are big differences from my experiences. It will still cost me a grand or two and vacation time also, and money is tighter this year in my family than it has been in probably a decade also.

Also, I am (PERSONALLY) not as interested in the hobby right now, the high NIB prices pushed over the past few years and the economy has me sitting on the sidelines (which I am good with).

I do appreciate your response though, you made some good points

#15 4 months ago

been once, that was enough. shows are fun for about 3 hrs, then im ready to leave.

#16 4 months ago

Well, because of the misfortunate timing of a massive snowstorm, I had to cancel my trip today and an awesome Pinsider should take my place.

I’m not going to talk you into it but, if you are awesome enough, go.
    If you’re not awesome enough, skip it. Don’t want to disappoint anyone else.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.