(Topic ID: 142403)

talk me in or out of owning Bally partyzone..

By dudljoe

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by donjagra
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150815_110310.jpg

#1 3 years ago

Have a chance to pick up a partyzone. Ive Only played it on hyperpin and like it but is it a good pin really to have??

#2 3 years ago

its $1500 cool. thats for sure

#3 3 years ago

It's the only machine my daughter turns on.

#4 3 years ago

Do it and then get Dr Dude.

#5 3 years ago

Buy it, you can always sell it later on.

#6 3 years ago

Make sure the ramps are in great shape. Replacements are unobtanium. In addition to looking for cracks, play a few games to make sure the ramps don't suffer from ball drops. I owned a PZ for a while and luckily experienced no ball drops. However I read about people here who had plenty.

Red rocket at the base of the left ramp is also unobtanium if missing. But that doesn't impact game play that much.

#7 3 years ago

I have heard about the ramps. Waiting to get back some close up picts of it before I decide really 1400.00 is the asking price on it.

#8 3 years ago

The game sucks, dont buy it. It might be fun if you suck at pinball.
but if you dont double flip. The gane is lame.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from dudljoe:

I have heard about the ramps. Waiting to get back some close up picts of it before I decide really 1400.00 is the asking price on it.

Not bad price if its in decent condition

#10 3 years ago

I really like my PZ. I've owned it for years. It's not deep and it's not expensive. It's got the red GI's on the playfield which is a unique feature. I like it! Hope you can score one at a decent price.

#11 3 years ago

I'm normally not a big fan of ramp games but P-Zone is just loud, dumb fun. I'd pick one up if the price was right.

#12 3 years ago

For 1400 if it is in decent condition that would be an easy yes for me. May not be the greatest game but fun enough for a while and then you can just move it on.,

#13 3 years ago

I always thought it was fun. I hear there are some hard to find parts for this game.

#14 3 years ago

Those ramps just weren't designed that well and are unobtainable to replace. Dr. Dude is a better player in my view. PZ has some cool shots and things to do though.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Those ramps just weren't designed that well and are unobtainable to replace. Dr. Dude is a better player in my view. PZ has some cool shots and things to do though.

I wonder if you could make your own?

#16 3 years ago

Parts are almost non existent

So make sure it's all there

Took me months to find a new dancing dummy

But overall fun pin

Good luck

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I wonder if you could make your own?

Man, those ramps even when in good shape aren't designed that well. I really think that's why this game wasn't a big commercial success because it is otherwise a cool game. They are pretty big too...they would not be easy to fabricate by any means.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Parts are almost non existent
So make sure it's all there
Took me months to find a new dancing dummy
But overall fun pin
Good luck

That's exactly why I passed on one a few years back. It really is a fun game, it's a shame parts aren't being reproduced for it.

#19 3 years ago

Get it, I never really played it, until I was forced to play it at pinburgh, I had 2 guys, and 1 female in my group...
The female proceeded to destroy us all, her name was julie.., It was awesome to see..
I want to play it again after watching her...it looked fun.

#20 3 years ago

Condition depending but I'd say at $1,400 it seems like a go. I don't think it's a particularly great game, but for that price it'd be worth buying, having fun with for a little while, and then re-selling.

#21 3 years ago

same as every post above

had one played great ! played another with lousy ramps and wrong rubbers that one sucked!

hey dude every pinball that plays the tune pinball wizzard rules!
if the price is right and you like the gameplay go for it

sometimes i mis mine!
good luck

#22 3 years ago

Too easy don't buy

#23 3 years ago

For me, I like the uniqueness of it. It has amazing artwork and such odd things on it.

The game play is fun, as it should be. It's pinball. It's not too serious and will be good for family too.

I'd own for sure. Would love dr dude too.

Check the ramps though.

#24 3 years ago

If it's 1400 buy it. Thats a great price. It's too easy is it's main issue. Your guests will love it, makes them feel like theyre improving.

#25 3 years ago

I also was looking at getting a PZ. But then had a BR Black Rose come up and went for that instead. Never looked back. Also if you want some retro cheese check out PZ's promo video on you tube!

#26 3 years ago

This is probably the worst WPC game (though I haven't put much time in on gilligans island). The sound and dots are almost amateurish, the rules are stupid, and the game is ugly as hell to boot.

Id probably still buy one for $1400 though

#27 3 years ago

I'd buy any game if the price is right. Some stay a week, some I still have. If you can sell it and get your money back when you're done, why not?

#28 3 years ago

most cabs are faded to hell (white) but luckily theres decals available.
The saucer/DJ plastic in the middle will always be broken but theres a replacement for that too.
Never had a game with "bad ramps". I guess I can see if they are warped out of design the ball can slip out if going too fast.
My only complaint is the saucer in the middle shot always never stuck,in any game that I have ever played. Bad design I guess
I personally love the game. Lots of cool audio and light sequences.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is probably the worst WPC game (though I haven't put much time in on gilligans island). The sound and dots are almost amateurish, the rules are stupid, and the game is ugly as hell to boot.
Id probably still buy one for $1400 though

Trust me, Gilligan is much worse. At the very least, PZ has some cool artwork.

#30 3 years ago

Had one a few years back too easy I trade mine for a BSD straight up

#31 3 years ago

It's kind of a cheesy game. Fun for some, annoying for others.

Personally, I wouldn't pay top dollar for it.

#32 3 years ago

I put the word out I had a players machine that I recently shopped that I wanted to sell. I was asking $1500 and sold it within a day for close to my asking price. As long as the machine is decent you will be able to sell it without a loss. It's fun, and the it's most random game I've ever seen! That could be good or bad depending on what you like.

#33 3 years ago

sadly every time I have seen one it had busted ramps & plastics etc.. as others have already mentioned// looks like could be fun but have never had opportunity to play one in good working condition

#34 3 years ago

Never have played, but I recently watched the gameplay video on the Papa site and I think the game looks awesome! (For that price range obviously).

I came of age in the 1990s when pinball was a little goofy. And that game screams 90s pinball to me- cheesy fun callouts, loopy ramps, no licensed theme, etc. definitely doesn't look too deep, but they don't all need to be. Especially if you have some depth to your collection.

#35 3 years ago

Not the hardest game. It is the only time I have ever rolled over a WPC.

20150815_110310.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Killeen, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 28.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside