(Topic ID: 157084)

Talk me in (or out) of a dartboard next to the pins...!!!

By Breaking_Dad

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PoMC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

darts_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I have the opportunity to get a galaxy (coin-OP) dartboard....do others have these in their line up....or does darts get boring fast and takes up room for another pin.....for those that did get one....do you still have it...if not..how long till you sold it...?....thank you for your input....................Joey

#2 8 years ago

It depends on how good (or poor) you and your guests are at darts...

#3 8 years ago

I have a regular dart board. It's stayed longer than any of my pins.

#4 8 years ago

I've been thinking about this too. I have 2 friends with Arachnid Galaxy dartboards among their pin collections. Variety is always good. I suck at darts, but maybe if I had one of these I'd get better.

#5 8 years ago

Do you like death metal Joey ? Countless songs have been written about broken glass.

#6 8 years ago

Live dangerously and hang it on the back of the door.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Do you like death metal Joey ? Countless songs have been written about broken glass.

Well I did grow up living across the street from these guys.....(fo-real)....!!!.....Joey

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Live dangerously and hang it on the back of the door.

It's a stand up coin-OP....so it would BE the door.....lol...........Joey

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

It's a stand up coin-OP....so it would BE the door.....lol...........Joey

Sorry about that. I am trying to cut back on my reading.

#10 8 years ago

I've had a coin op arachnid dart board since I bought my first pin 16+ years ago. It uses plastic tipped darts, and for the past several years I haven't had it right next to any backglasses, so I've never seen any breakage. I like having it. It mixes things up a bit, and some guests are more into darts than pinball. I'd recommend it.

The footprint is also way smaller than a pinball machine so if you can find a space that a pin won't fit but a dartboard will, that would be ideal.

#11 8 years ago

Darts are great! Prefer steel tip but if your guests are not that great than electronic is prob way to go. I see it kinda like pool though.. Fun to play a game or two with guests, but it's something that takes some practice to excel at. I suppose you could say that also about pinball but it's more forgiving to newbs

#12 8 years ago

I have one but not next to my pins. They don't take up much space when not played but do when they are. Also, special consideration needs to be made for safety regarding placement. It gets a lot of play when we have parties. I used to play it more often but barely have time to play pinball these days.

#13 8 years ago

I have my electronic dart board next to my pool table on the OPPOSITE side of my pins. Probably being over protective, but the beer gets flowing sometimes and just never know what could happen.

My pool table gets the most play with guests and the pins are a close 2nd. Darts get the lowest amount of play, but is fun to mix in occasionally.

#14 8 years ago

My wife and I enjoy shooting darts on our Top Gun Challenge. We prefer dart machines with the monitor since we don't know many different variations of dart games and can choose from a long list of games.

The darts the machines use are plastic tips and I couldn't see any damage caused by them.

#15 8 years ago

#16 8 years ago

I think every Arcade needs a dart board. The monitor is the best part. As well, In case you ever have issues with yours, I think yours also uses a VGA monitor so you can modify it like this if you ever need to.

darts_(resized).jpgdarts_(resized).jpg

#17 8 years ago

Breaking Dad, I have the same machine and it's terrific. One suggestion, check the dart board section for broken tips in the holes. The dart board is easily removed from behind and you can poke the tips out easier that way.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/talk-me-in-or-out-of-a-dartboard-next-to-the-pins?hl=sadler28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.