Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkwizard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from lordnorth:

Here's my question: How do you talk to new people about owning pins without coming across like a rich jerk?
    Every time I talk to someone who isn't into pinball themselves, the conversation goes something like, "I was never into video games, pinball is what I really liked. I was finally able to get some for in my basement."
    "Wow! Aren't they expensive?"
    "Uhhhhhhhhhh......"
    I feel if I don't answer I come across as a falsely modest jerk. If I do answer I come across as a rich jerk. (No.... You guys can avoid all theories that just come back to me being a jerk, thank you.)
    But seriously, how do you broach the subject of owning machines?

Tell them to look at me. I bought my first machine for $900 almost by accident. Second for $900, which is like 1 paycheck. Third for $1200 I had saved up from selling stuff on ebay and charged the shipping in order to be able to "afford it" and sold a bunch of old collectables that were only collecting dust to raise $5800 for the 4th one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkwizard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/talk-about-polarizing?tu=darkwizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.