Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pingod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Just saw a post at CPR that they are delaying their TOTAN playfields because they do not have some of the inserts and might have to tool them if they can't find the original tooling.

Pretty sure the lightning bolts would be one of them as I can't remember seeing those on any other playfield.

What a bummer. I've been waiting for those for close to 2 years.

#2 8 years ago

someone said that the lightning bolt is the same on black rose?

that is too bad i dang insert throws the whole project off

#3 8 years ago

I was kinda bummed reading that on their website this week. Hopefully they will be able to find a way.

5 months later
#4 7 years ago

Just thought I would throw an update out there on this old thread...

I talked to CPR. The issue is with the "arrow" inserts, e.g., lock, harem, orbs, extra ball, multiball, etc. To the best of their knowledge TOTAN was the only title to use these inserts. Since the molds are gone, it would cost about $25k to create new molds plus the cost of the inserts themselves.

Not holding my breath that this will ever happen but I'll keep my fingers crossed that they find some way to work it out.

#5 7 years ago

Wonder if 3-D printing would be an option to create the inserts in the future. You wouldn't need any molds only a 3-D scan to create the model.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballAddiction:

Wonder if 3-D printing would be an option to create the inserts in the future. You wouldn't need any molds only a 3-D scan to create the model.

I thought about that also. They could also do a kickstarter to raise the funds for the molds.

#7 7 years ago

LOL
Seems like we'll be waiting another 3-4 years for the TOTAN playfields lol

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I talked to CPR. The issue is with the "arrow" inserts, e.g., lock, harem, orbs, extra ball, multiball, etc. To the best of their knowledge TOTAN was the only title to use these inserts. Since the molds are gone, it would cost about $25k to create new molds plus the cost of the inserts themselves.

That is crazy..............$25,000? Not sure how smart these guys are, but there are ways around an insert. Christ make a damn mold by hand.

4 months later
#9 7 years ago

How about just a thick piece of plastic router cut, laser or water jet. There has to be some acceptable work around.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Just saw a post at CPR that they are delaying their TOTAN playfields because they do not have some of the inserts and might have to tool them if they can't find the original tooling.
Pretty sure the lightning bolts would be one of them as I can't remember seeing those on any other playfield.
What a bummer. I've been waiting for those for close to 2 years.

That's great news... to this guy.

ebay.com link

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

That's great news... to this guy.
Ebay link

Holy crap! Reserve not met???
I paid less than that for my MM playfield.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Holy crap! Reserve not met???
I paid less than that for my MM playfield.

I had a NOS ToTAN playfield that I sold about 2 years ago for $1600... now that ToTAN has jumped in price and no repros in sight who knows.

#13 7 years ago

Tooling looks to be solved, and production will take place by mid-2013.

#14 7 years ago

CPR TOTAN reproductions are coming mid 2013.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

#15 7 years ago

it looks really nice, hopefully cpr will be able to get these done

#16 7 years ago

We just ordered the ToTan Inserts, now that we have located the tooling....Licensing has been secured....all set to go......

Stu

#17 7 years ago

says status is closed for preordering though

#18 7 years ago

yup, pre-ordering was up there "open" for over a year, so those that wanted it will get, those that waited will not....Snooze you Loose....

#19 7 years ago

All my games had them in some form...Jpop

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from jpop:

All my games had them in some form...Jpop

Had what? Lighting bolts? I've noticed that. Even WCS!

#21 7 years ago

maybe they should just use one from BK2K, CV, Black rose, TOM, or any of the others that use the same damn insert. Just different color.

#22 7 years ago

I emailed Kevin, I may know where the tooling is...Jpop

#23 7 years ago

the tooling is in Gene's possesion...we already know that, and have ordered the inserts....but it's not the Lightning Bolt insert we couldnt get, it was the obscure triangle inserts that kinda look like the Star Trek logo where one side is longer than the other.....Corvette also uses these (3 of them on the lower left side)

Stu

#24 7 years ago

FT uses it as well I believe. Those might be bursted tho.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

We just ordered the ToTan Inserts, now that we have located the tooling....Licensing has been secured....all set to go......
Stu

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Farmington Hills, MI

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside