(Topic ID: 250957)

Tales of revenge, share your story, prank, etc.

By JohnnyPinball007

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

443B25D7-AE2D-4080-A698-3AE3A0419881 (resized).jpeg
    01CAD582-799B-4A39-8753-817ED63024F2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 3 years ago

Long story short. I had a verbal agreement to purchase 3 games from a lady, but asked her to hold them until the next day because my wife insisted we go to her fathers house for dinner...Of course, when I called the lady the next day to tell her I was coming over she told me that she had sold them to someone else who called right after we had hung up. I complained to her but she said they were sold and that was that. I knew from our previous conversation that she was super paranoid about selling her games for a penny less than they were worth so I waited a day and called her back. Told her I was prepared to pay an extra $500 over and above our last price if she would sell the games to me. (I let her believe that I thought she had not actually sold the games out from under me and was looking for a better offer.)

She told me with obvious regret in her voice that she could not take my offer because the games were already gone. I waited another 2 days and called her back. Told her I had found a buyer for one of the game and that I really wanted them now! Told her I would pay her $2000 over and above our previous price if she would let me come over and get them. After about 30 seconds of silence, I swore I could actually hear tears of regret in her voice as she told me that unfortunately her games were gone. I left it by telling her if she changed her mind, my offer was still good!

Hopefully she is still upset to this day about selling her games for less than "they were worth". But she should have honored her agreement to hold the games for me until the next day! I guess it was mean of me, but I was really annoyed that she did not hold the games for 1 day after we had spent such a long time on the phone discussing her games and their value. Oh well, hopefully I've matured since then!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tales-of-revenge-share-your-story-prank-etc?tu=sbmania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.