• Keep Tales from the Crypt 19 votes
    49%
  • Trade for Dirty Harry 17 votes
    44%
  • trade for another pin.... 3 votes
    8%

(39 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 6 years ago

so i am groing tired off my TFTC and i can trade it one on one with a DH. What would you do? keep the TFTC, make the trade or get another pin instead in the same price class that is?

#2 6 years ago

Keep it. It is gaining in popularity, and is slowly going up in price. Hold out a little longer, and sell it.

#3 6 years ago

I think they are priced very similar, so if you are bored with TFTC, then I say go for it. Not quite as good looking of a pin though.

#4 6 years ago

DH is a great title, go for it!!

#5 6 years ago

Both good, but for my money it would be TFTC

#6 6 years ago

Argh! Why do all these TFTC have to be so far away from me?

#7 6 years ago

DH.

Just played TFTC the other week and it was super dull to me. I wanted to like it, as I like the theme and the over the top stuff is great IMO, but the game itself just seems empty of things to do.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

DH.
Just played TFTC the other week and it was super dull to me. I wanted to like it, as I like the theme and the over the top stuff is great IMO, but the game itself just seems empty of things to do.

Interesting, maybe my opinion will change since I have not played it since 95/96 which is another reason why its hard to buy without playing it first.

#9 6 years ago

I noticed one other pinsider posted the following about this game and wanted to know everyones thoughts that own one as it might change my decision:

For what it's worth, I don't like TFTC much because the two most important shots (Tombstone and start mode hole) need to be hit with the upper flipper. I don't like having the most regular shots being taken from a 3rd or 4th flipper. You CAN hit one of them with the lower flipper, but it's a tough shot. Take that for what it's worth (not much! )

#10 6 years ago

Just got a DH after trading my last one (plus cash) to get a FGY several years ago. I have missed it and am so happy to have it back in my collection for good! Forgot how great the music and call outs are too. Go for the DH!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Interesting, maybe my opinion will change since I have not played it since 95/96 which is another reason why its hard to buy without playing it first.

I was the same way that I hadn't seen it in a long long time. Granted the one I was playing wasn't tip top shape, but the pics I had seen I thought the ramps/tombstone was closer to the flippers. Just seemed to be a vast open area with not much to do. Just my opinion....that works for lot of games but just wasn't feeling it here.

#12 6 years ago

Dh all day

#13 6 years ago

I noticed one other pinsider posted the following about this game and wanted to know everyones thoughts that own one as it might change my decision:
For what it's worth, I don't like TFTC much because the two most important shots (Tombstone and start mode hole) need to be hit with the upper flipper. I don't like having the most regular shots being taken from a 3rd or 4th flipper. You CAN hit one of them with the lower flipper, but it's a tough shot. Take that for what it's worth (not much! )

Scoop is easily hit from lower flipper with a little practice. The tombstone is an upper flipper shot, that's pretty much why the flipper is there (like the left flipper and Rudy in FH). In my mind that just means you have to use a little more skill to set up the upper flipper shot. I guess if you strongly dislike 3 flipper games you might not like TFTC.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

Scoop is easily hit from lower flipper

Easily, after a few missed attempts and a couple bounce outs for good measure.

#15 6 years ago

I thought that the scoop had to be hit from the upper flipper also. The ball just bounced out otherwise. I fixed my scoop by bending it. Now I can easily hit the scoop from the lower right or the lower left flipper. The crypt is and upper flipper shot. Even the tombstone switch us made so you have to hit it on center from upper flipper. I like that aspect.

#16 6 years ago

I don't have a problem hitting either with the lower flipper. But, I do have a few thousand practice games on it!

#17 6 years ago

I'd trade for DH IMHO.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I don't have a problem hitting either with the lower flipper. But, I do have a few thousand practice games on it!

ditto

I would keep TFTC

I like DH but TFTC is much more fun IMHO.

#19 6 years ago

thanks for all the advice so far. One thing i noticed since my TAF and TFTC standing next to each other. Do data east pins look and feel cheaper or is it just me. The flippers make more cheap noise and doest feel like a bally / williams does?

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from hb1981:

Do data east pins look and feel cheaper or is it just me

No its not you there are plenty of people here that feel the same way. I don't think the cheap feeling actually translates to more problems necessarily although the TFTC on location here is down often and the TFTC at Texas Pinball fest was down often as well. On the other hand I've never seen the Tommy on location go down.

#21 6 years ago

My TFTC is on location, and rarely goes down. Mostly needs sw. contacts cleaned. I don't think they "feel" cheaper, they are just stronger, and zing the ball, not float the ball to the target. I guess it's a personal preference. I like strong flippers.

#22 6 years ago

Weak flippers on a DE? Man, my TFTC flings the ball like nobody's business.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Weak flippers on a DE? Man, my TFTC flings the ball like nobody's business.

Sorry, that's what I meant. I think DE games have the strongest flippers in the industry. B/W flippers just seem weak to me, after playing my DE games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside