Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20181219-225104 (resized).png
MVIMG_20181212_151411 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20181212_124644 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheshirefilms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Ok so the damage isn't severe by this game's standards but a NOS assembly not available either. Prior to putting on my NOS new decal, any recommendations for the right edge?

MVIMG_20181212_124644 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181212_124644 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Ended up sanding down the wear and wouldn't you know, the replacement decal was slightly thinner and, when positioned centered, isn't sitting on top of the wear (where it would naturally re-warp!)

Might not be brand new again- but much better

MVIMG_20181212_151411 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20181212_151411 (resized).jpg

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Drill out the rivet and flip it over?

Cool idea, but I don't have the tools to re-rivet it, and think I achieved my main goal by filing down the damage and getting the decal to fully rest outside the scope of the damage. This way, ball hits wont re-deform the new decal where it did before, on the primary vulnerable impact zone.

Also, if I flipped it, I would expect over time the damage susceptibility spot would wear in yet again to where it is right now. If I had a few spares, that would be just fine, but here to flip would just be buying some time till the same wear returned.

Most crypt tombstones look this way or worse today, without spares being common/reproduced, and with decal damage too..

1 week later
#6 5 years ago

I appreciate your candor. Ended up buying the Marco decal set and returning the decal above to it's original seller, as I did notice too, perhaps just before you mentioned it, that some of the artwork was missing from this reprint.

I also looked more closely at the tombstone assembly and the riveted piece. Just didn't seem worth a risk to remove, macguyver a flip, rivet removal and attempt a screw/nut workaround.

If an accident occurred and I somehow irreversibly damaged something, the game would be functionally crippled, a really bad result and in Pinball the usual likely outcome for perfection hunting. Especially bad possibility, since the assembly is unobtanium.

Sanded down the wear and put on new decal from Marco. May not stay perfect over the years, but it is home use now as you said so thicker decal and wear already done, hope it should be more or less fine.

Quoted from cody_chunn:

So your decal had been trimmed down on the right side? It's cut right through the artwork. Weird.
It took most of 25 years on route to sustain that much damage. It will probably take 40 years in private ownership to get that same amount of damage.
Hey, if you're happy with it, that's what counts. It will still play just as well. This sounds like I'm trying to break your balls, but I'm really not.
PS: Screws and nuts can be used to replace rivets, if the need ever arises again.

Screenshot_20181219-225104 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181219-225104 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheshirefilms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tales-from-the-crypt-tombstone-repair?tu=cheshirefilms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.