Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by paddlepaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 months ago

Hello, My TFTC just started having this issue this morning. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this and may be able to provide troubleshooting steps(that i have not thought of) that I can try tonight.

Issue: All music and sound effects work in test mode. All three speakers work in test too. When starting a game the music works at normal volume but becomes very faint right after the first ball is put into the shooter lane. music remains faint for the remainder of the game although the sound effects never lose volume.

Troubleshooting steps I'll try: Check voltage on sound board and re-seat connectors.

Is there anything else I can try? Do I need to recap the board?

Thank you

#2 11 months ago

Voltages check out at the power supply test points and the sound board at connector CN2. I think I was wrong about music working at the beginning of each new game. I really think it's just a long sound effect that's played even though it has music. So it appears that only background music is very faint during gameplay but works fine in test. I'm stumped for now but will keep plugging away.

#3 11 months ago

So if I get to crypt jam the music will play at full volume even when crypt jam mode is over the normal music track will still play at normal volume until game over. Then everything is reset back down to faint volume on a new game. I'm wondering if the sound eproms could be bad? Any suggestions?

#4 11 months ago

Maybe try a factory reset?

#5 11 months ago

I'll try that tonight. Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis , MO
$ 26.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside