View topic image gallery

EC1971F4-EBDB-49CD-8846-F5227A7BA2DB (resized).jpeg
3863FF7C-19B1-4101-A831-01331A0558BC (resized).jpeg
Topper_TFTC.jpg
Red_Eyes_Crypt.png
P1040700.JPG
P1040699.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I need the tongue/latch for this shooter handle, it has been replaced by a button. I would be willing to buy the entire shooter handle, plate, etc if need be.

P1040699.JPGP1040699.JPG P1040700.JPGP1040700.JPG

#2 11 years ago

yep, many folks have been waiting for that part for years.... I turned down several machines until I found a decent one with the tongue!

#3 11 years ago

Wish I had know as well but mine is a made replacement which is not that bad but should have had the original for price I paid. I guess it's the entire game that really matters but it buys me from time to time.

#4 11 years ago

I knew mine was missing when I bought it, but still would like the original one. Hopefully someone makes a repo, or I can stumble across a parted machine and someone is willing to ship to me. I've helped ALOT of people with tech issues over the years..maybe karma will reward me haha....probably not though..

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I knew mine was missing when I bought it, but still would like the original one. Hopefully someone makes a repo, or I can stumble across a parted machine and someone is willing to ship to me. I've helped ALOT of people with tech issues over the years..maybe karma will reward me haha....probably not though..

We shall see but game is still fun. The laughing does not buy me. I love the constant music as well.

#6 11 years ago

It's one of my grail pins. It's what got me hooked on pinball when I was about 15 or 16, very stoked to have it, love everything about it. Just got it a few days ago from a member here..

#7 11 years ago

I just got one last week from a fellow pinsider also, mine has the original tongue on it, this pin was in super shape, allready led'd out. I am still learning the game play, best thing is my wife loves
it in a weird way, it's the only one she will play

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8 11 years ago

Glad your enjoying it Gerry.

#9 11 years ago

think you can use a door handle from home depot or lowes if you need a modded mast with red or blue eyes 4 sale

here is a topper i made good luck with the fix

Red_Eyes_Crypt.pngRed_Eyes_Crypt.png Topper_TFTC.jpgTopper_TFTC.jpg

1 year later
#10 9 years ago

I am searching this one too, any reproduction available now??

Thanks

10 months later
#11 8 years ago

Hello
I have the same problem.
The tongue is missing. For the moment I've put the switch directly in the hole of the mouth. And this is not a good solution.
Someone could make this as a new part ?
Thank you

1 year later
#12 7 years ago

I'm bringing this thread back to life hoping that someone has solved this issue. I too, now have the problem....

#13 7 years ago

Trying to get a cheap handleset off of kijiji. Friggen seller went AWOL. I scoured a bunch of part sites and the assembly is unobtainium so anything here on is custom. My goal is to make something as close as I can to the original spec.

#14 7 years ago

From what I remember in an interview with John Borg 20 years ago, these were actually door handles that were bought and ordered from a hardware store. With a little searching I'm sure you could find a new replacement for that tongue from a similar door handle. I searched for years for a backup but never found that exact handle that's on the machine. Worst case scenario I would probably just find a piece of metal and bend it and put it in there. No matter what it's going to look better than a button.

Just search on Google Images for thumb latch with door handle and you will see some that are close enough.

4 years later
#15 2 years ago

Hi guys, I have made a replacement tongue for machines that had a button installed. Seeing if there is any interest from people to buy this part from me.

EC1971F4-EBDB-49CD-8846-F5227A7BA2DB (resized).jpegEC1971F4-EBDB-49CD-8846-F5227A7BA2DB (resized).jpeg

3863FF7C-19B1-4101-A831-01331A0558BC (resized).jpeg3863FF7C-19B1-4101-A831-01331A0558BC (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tales-from-the-crypt-shooter-handle-tongue-needed-tftc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.