4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by cosmokramer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

projects 001 (resized).JPG
    TFTC (resized).JPG

#1 4 months ago

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Any opinions? I saw it on a local CL. Needs a lot, like a lot. Any idea what its even worth?

#2 4 months ago
    Quoted from Schamattack:

milwaukee.craigslist.org link
    Any opinions? I saw it on a local CL. Needs a lot, like a lot. Any idea what its even worth?

It's worth the low amount of money the other pinsider just offered.

Newb!

#3 4 months ago

omg yes quick before the others see i would offer 200 then go up to 1000 if needed but no more unless you really love this title. boards are gonna cost you alot. ide say 1500 or so to get this one perfect lights, boards, parts, ect

#4 4 months ago

No boards, no display, no shooter (I think these are unobtanium), no what else?? I'd stay away unless you know exactly what you're getting into, or you really want this title. I've seen TFTCs go for 3K+ in decent, COMPLETE, WORKING condition. Max I would go is 1K and that's pushing it.

#5 4 months ago

TFTC (resized).JPG
    #6 4 months ago

I called the guy. It can be had for $850 for any of you locals out there. I got more pics, it is missing a lot of shit and owner says it has a smoke smell. He is new to the hobby, nice kid, just doesn't know a lot. I passed.

#7 4 months ago

U can get tht stuff do it

#8 4 months ago

That’s the hobby right there shine that gem !!! Somebody

#9 4 months ago

Yea I have never tried to re-furb a pin needing so much. Not sure I can take the investment with how much its missing, thanks for the advice guys.

#10 4 months ago

I had talked to the guy as he didn't know what it would take to fix. He had originally posted it on CL for 4k, then 3300.

I was at 500 on it. Front of the cabinet was rough, no glass, no lock down bar, no boards, no ball launcher door handle, and looked to be parts missing on the pf. He said he had a buyer out in CA wanting to ship it and willing to pay 700. Told him to take it.

Currently doing a similar level of project with a MNF. Its gonna take ages to find the parts and once its together who knows what works. Fun, but its gotta be cheap to start with.

#11 4 months ago

700 is a steal somebody’s gettin

#12 4 months ago
    Quoted from Snowyetti:

700 is a steal somebody’s gettin

Do the math on the parts it needs. Then figure it is missing all sorts of odds and ends. Then guess how long it will take you to track down the door handle. Now how much time will it take to shop, find all these parts, and get it playing. Congrats you now have a player's grade tales from the crypt so no 700 is not really a steal.

#13 4 months ago
    Quoted from dung:

Do the math on the parts it needs. Then figure it is missing all sorts of odds and ends. Then guess how long it will take you to track down the door handle. Now how much time will it take to shop, find all these parts, and get it playing. Congrats you now have a player's grade tales from the crypt so no 700 is not really a steal.

100% this. You’re not buying a game really, you’re buying a hacked up cabinet with a play field, but not a game. The only thing that may make this worth it is if there are any unobtainium parts for this game. I am not sure but I don’t think there are

#14 4 months ago

I’m sick I can’t help it

#15 4 months ago

Tell him post to pinside for 700 bet it don’t last a day

#16 4 months ago
    Quoted from Snowyetti:

Tell him post to pinside for 700 bet it don’t last a day

I'd take that bet.

Who wants something like this?! "Labor of love" doesn't even begin to describe it. End of the day you could be a year(s) into this thing at little or no savings over just buying a TFTC that's ready to go.

#17 4 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd take that bet.
    Who wants something like this?! "Labor of love" doesn't even begin to describe it. End of the day you could be a year(s) into this thing at little or no savings over just buying a TFTC that's ready to go.

He’s right, probably someone would jump on it. Doesn’t make it a good idea, or sound investment !

#18 4 months ago

I'm somewhat local and offered $300. Just way too many boards and parts missing to justify paying any more than that. I would fully expect to find more missing or broken parts and when adding in time, it just doesn't make sense. Good luck to whomever buys it.

#19 4 months ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

I'm somewhat local and offered $300. Just way too many boards and parts missing to justify paying any more than that. I would fully expect to find more missing or broken parts and when adding in time, it just doesn't make sense. Good luck to whomever buys it.

Boards arn't really that hard to get for DE, just watch pinside and ebay and you'll eventually get a set for a decent price.

Stuff like the door assembly comes up sometimes, but few and far between.

#20 4 months ago

Wow, this thing is still really for sale?

#21 4 months ago

wow. my old tales from the crypt game. it's still making its rounds. lol

#22 4 months ago

Either he sold it or he got tired of you “low ballers”. Some poeple just dont want to hear what it takes to get them back together.

#23 4 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd take that bet.

I'd have done it at 500, but I have a spare dmd laying around and a friend with a few of the boards laying around that just need repaired. It is part of why I have a 200 dollar mnf that came without backglass, boards, legs, lockdown bar, and the pf in parts. Hardest part for that is finding the sound board, but I may try the raspberry pie route.

As long as there is enough room for me to not lose money I don't mind taking on big projects like this. My hourly is non-existent on this, but it is more fun than dealing with a game that just needs a shop job. Savings wise its a gamble. I might get lucky and only have 1200-1500 in it or I might get close to what a player's grade sells for. It might also take a couple years to source all the parts which is why I stuck to 500.

#24 4 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who wants something like this?! "

Proudly raises hand...

#25 4 months ago

Just as an update, per the seller he got 725 so someone wanted this it seems. Gonna shake my head, but hopefully whoever got it fixes it up.

#26 4 months ago

I really don't think that's a bad deal for the right person. Who knows the buyer might have been in this hobby for quite some time and have some of the parts just sitting around. I wouldn't really count any labor cost, I enjoy working on machines and can see the appeal/challenge of a project like this.

#27 4 months ago
    Quoted from dung:

Just as an update, per the seller he got 725 so someone wanted this it seems. Gonna shake my head, but hopefully whoever got it fixes it up.

#28 4 months ago

Yes folks I got it, and will be working on fixing it up. The playfield is really nice and i may add a few custom touches and part mods to get it up and running, and have most of the board set and dmd already!!

projects 001 (resized).JPG
    #29 4 months ago

Good for you man saved another one great game too

#30 4 months ago
    Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Yes folks I got it, and will be working on fixing it up. The playfield is really nice and i may add a few custom touches and part mods to get it up and running, and have most of the board set and dmd already!! [quoted image]

good, hope you do fix it up. would like to see it finished. the first person I sold that to, said the same thing

#31 4 months ago
    Quoted from PinballOrphanage:

Yes folks I got it, and will be working on fixing it up. The playfield is really nice and i may add a few custom touches and part mods to get it up and running, and have most of the board set and dmd already!! [quoted image]

User name checks out...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hdmike mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 299.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 8,000.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside