• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tftc_2.JPG
tftc_1.JPG
#1 11 years ago

My TFTC worked fine, now the playfield is dead. powers on fine, put credits on it, start button works, no ball, flippers anything except lights. Advice??

#2 11 years ago

Check the fuses, connectors' on your PPSB (playfield power supply board). I'd start there.

#3 11 years ago

where should I start looking if ive checked all the fuses and i have no action at the pop bumpers?

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

where should I start looking if ive checked all the fuses and i have no action at the pop bumpers?

Just to be sure and where to help you next. Fuses on boards in the head and two mounted to the back wall of the head - did you look at them or pull them and check with a meter ?

LTG : )

#5 11 years ago

The ball launch, pops and flippers have 50VDC in common. Your fuse prior to BR1 on the PPB board that provides 50V is blown. It'll be near the J4 connector.

#6 11 years ago

Yes, they have been checked. All were good, except one was 7a and one was 15a. They are both now 8a fuses on the back wall of the head as they should be, what next?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

Yes, they have been checked. All were good, except one was 7a and one was 15a. They are both now 8a fuses on the back wall of the head as they should be, what next?

Wrong ones....See above

#8 11 years ago

Brand new rottendog powerboard with all new 5a fuses.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

Brand new rottendog powerboard with all new 5a fuses.

There is 2 power boards. One main, and one Playfield power supply board. Do what robertme suggests. Check your 50vdc fuse, and make sure you have 50vdc.

#10 11 years ago

You might mention next time you have aftermarket boards....More info the better on helping you resolve issues.

#11 11 years ago

Replaced F5 was def blown, flippers work no ball pop now?? Keep checking fuses?? Why did the fuse blow?? thanks in advance.

#12 11 years ago

It looks like the J5 connector is melted at seat 1. My guess is when Blair Benz resoldered this board he bypassed the fuse on the regular power board and then melted this connector.

tftc_1.JPGtftc_1.JPG tftc_2.JPGtftc_2.JPG

11 months later
#13 10 years ago

Fixed. Replaced the power board.

#14 10 years ago

that was fast.

#15 10 years ago

i was going to post something similar but didn't want to be a smart ass.....

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

It looks like the J5 connector is melted at seat 1. My guess is when Blair Benz resoldered this board he bypassed the fuse on the regular power board and then melted this connector.

tftc_1.JPG 190 KB

tftc_2.JPG 181 KB

Holy crap, dude.

#17 10 years ago

I replaced my PPB board as well on my when I had it. Way more reliable.

#18 10 years ago

Its working pretty well now. Sorry if it wasn't fast enough for a few people. What would be acceptable for you??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 64.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 18.95
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tales-from-the-crypt-playfield-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.