5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by swirvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classicgamefan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from swirvin:

The left slingshot on my TFTC will not fire in game play or test.The coil is good and will fire when the collector is grounded...

Are you grounding the Tip122 collector or the pre-drive transistor collector or ? If it works grounding the pre-drive collector, then I would go back to the logic signals. Have you checked the logic levels with a scope or logic probe starting with the PIA while in Diagnostics->Coil Test? Is the PIA socketed?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

Are you grounding the Tip122 collector or the pre-drive transistor collector or ? If it works grounding the pre-drive collector, then I would go back to the logic signals. Have you checked the logic levels with a scope or logic probe starting with the PIA while in Diagnostics->Coil Test? Is the PIA socketed?

I know you've run this down already, but just a quick double-check: By my reading of the schematics, the PIA output driving the left sling is 11D pin 39 going to the 7407 at 11D pin 5 with output on pin 6 then through the resistor array going to the 7402 at 12A input pin 2 output pin 1 then to Q4 then to Q10.

I think it would be uncommon for it to go bad, but one thing you didn't mention is checking continuity across the 4700 ohm resistor in the resistor array.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider classicgamefan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tales-from-the-crypt-left-slingshot-wont-fire?tu=classicgamefan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.