• Latest reply 6 years ago by Spyk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1494283216888-751708704 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

So I am having a few issues with my new tales from the crypt. We were recently able to successfully teach this pinball tech newb on how to fix my first problem with my first machine. I was starting to feel overwhelmed after more issues started happening but after being able to fix the first issue I am ready to do more.

So next issue is I have multiple things firing on there own. In particular the slingshots and the plunger. Any ideas pictures or more info needed?

#2 6 years ago

Switch test first to sort out a switches issue or power going to the coils.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Got it I'll do that as soon as I can and get back to you with it.

#4 6 years ago

So if i am reading this right under playfield status it constantly shows left sling as being hit when its not and right along about 50 percent of the time. It seems the sensor is consistently active. Now I read somewhere on here about new rubbers making it read and adjustments having to be made but I haven't seen a diagram of a sling shot in the manual so o am a bit lost here.

#5 6 years ago

There are two metal contacts behind the slingshot rubber. Make sure the switches are 'open'

#6 6 years ago

You mean these guys? I see so I just want to make sure the copper parts aren't making contact. How do I adjust this?

1494283216888-751708704 (resized).jpg1494283216888-751708704 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

Oh now I see how this switch test works! My "R" eyeball isn't working either right now.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8 6 years ago

Make sure they're not quite touching, yeah.

There's a third piece of metal between then that should hold the back one in place, what you want to do is bend it back a bit, but it can be hard to access. If you've got some needlenose you can try to grab it from under the playfield and twist it a bit. Or take the plastic off and push it back from the top. They make special switch adjuster tools that make this a bit easier but.

#9 6 years ago

Omg I am so excited right now! I feel like a little kid learning something for the first time! Ok so it's about bending. The R then should be the same as it can work just has to be hit hard so opposite bend. Any visual references on how to do that anywhere safely?

#10 6 years ago

Yeah these are deffinetly too close on both slings. I hit the flippers and it triggers them

#11 6 years ago

I generally see it recommended to have 1/16" between the two copper (gold, actually) circles. Not much examples, just try not to bend too far. Try to bend near the base.

#12 6 years ago

Ok that's actually what I was looking for more than anything. Don't bend near the base. So I should bend middle or as close to the contact point as possible?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Ok that's actually what I was looking for more than anything. Don't bend near the base. So I should bend middle or as close to the contact point as possible?

Near the base.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

#14 6 years ago

.... whoops read it wrong sorry!

#15 6 years ago

Ok found a great YouTube video demonstrating it with the tool and it looks much easier with so I ordered the one recomended. I can't thank you guys enough for your guidance so far with the flipper issues I had. I love this forum!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tales-from-the-crypt-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.