(Topic ID: 309053)

Tales from the Crypt Data East Middle Spinner Inoperative!

By Pinball-DOOD

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0F8373DE-19FD-4232-A742-8567FE1CA05F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-DOOD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hey all!

I have never had any issue with this before but it appears that the middle spinner on my Tales from the Crypt will not administer extra balls/multiball when it is lit. It just pops the ball out of the VUK without giving an extra ball or multiball. Upon testing the trough switches in switch edges, all three switches register. Any ideas? Thanks!

0F8373DE-19FD-4232-A742-8567FE1CA05F (resized).jpeg0F8373DE-19FD-4232-A742-8567FE1CA05F (resized).jpeg
    #2 2 years ago

Is it possible that the switch could be registering but maybe it is not scoring? If so, does anyone know what connector would be suspect? Perhaps I have cold solder joints? I am just wondering why it would all the sudden stop working. Thanks!

#5 2 years ago

Thanks, all! The weird part is is when I activate the switches by hand after lighting the extra ball, the crypt keeper will just laugh and not give the extra ball. The game is reading that the switches have been activated but is just not giving the extra ball.

#7 2 years ago

Ah, weirdly enough, I tried a factory reset!

#9 2 years ago

Will take another look at the trough switches this weekend!

1 week later
    #10 2 years ago

Yeahhh, still drawing a blank. Even reflowed solder on CN10 for the large and small trough switches. Both switches register but they aren’t doing what they are supposed to! (Start tri-ball/ extra ball). Any other ideas? Thanks!

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

If you’re stumped go into switch test, put all the drops up, remove all the balls and confirm ALL switches are working in the switch matrix (in manual) AND that they are ONLY registering the one function they have in the test. That may help point to the problem, since it doesn’t appear to be either of those two switches. This is a fairly common DE switch problem that causes confusion.

Ah, good point will try this and get back

4 weeks later
    #13 2 years ago

Every switch is operative! However, I did disconnect the tilt Bob a while back. I don’t know if that would be an issue? Let me know!

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Depends on how you disconnected the tilt. As long as you left any doubled wires still connected, it should be fine.
    Additionally, if all switches work and no extra ones are tripped in test, game should work as designed.
    I know you said every switch works but you need to look at the DMD and confirm each switch is doing what the matrix indicates is proper.
    One other possibility, one or two switches are wired on the wrong switch or, wired “always closed” instead of “always open”?

Ah, good point. Although, the game was fine until the issue came up! No wires were tampered with. Would the suspect switch be in the same row/column as the faulty switches?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-DOOD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tales-from-the-crypt-data-east-middle-spinner-inoperative?tu=Pinball-DOOD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.