• The Simpsons Pinball Party 39 votes
    18%

(219 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0996.JPG
IM_012.JPG
IMG_1379_(800x533).jpg
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#52 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I think they should do Iron Man Le. Thay would easily sell 250

You mean easy 500+

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Clearly there's demand or they wouldn't run them. Imagine that - people actually like a FUN game based on the most popular movie of all time. A few vocal haters doesn't make up the entire world of pinball buyers. ...it probably still has the 3D translite - but I'm guessing it will have the high res cabinet decals! They will probably look f*cking great.... I'm jealous! Would it be blasphemy to decal over the printed graphics on my LE!??!?! Hmmm...

I believe I've stated several times that I'm an Avatar convert...when the game is working. My only complaint is that it stays in the pops FOREVER.

Just shocked with as much vitriol as the game has accrued that there's enough overall demand to DO IT.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I believe I've stated several times that I'm an Avatar convert...when the game is working. My only complaint is that it stays in the pops FOREVER.

The worst is when you start Na'vi scoring and then you accidentally send the ball into the pops. It's positively maddening.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The worst is when you start Na'vi scoring and then you accidentally send the ball into the pops. It's positively maddening.

The countdown stops while it's in the pops...so - you don't lose out on the opportunity. This is how it is on the LE, at least...maybe the Pro is different?

Also, I've found that the ball doesn't really stay in the pops any longer than any other game with one pops exit (AC/DC, Spider-Man, etc). Sometimes it's there for a while, sometimes it's out quickly.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Clearly there is an interested in IM

It would be pretty cool to see them respond to demand. Should be easy $$$ for them.

#57 11 years ago

If Stern makes an IM LE that is a physically different game than the standard model, I as well as many other current IM owners have every right to be ticked off. To me, that is the reason they won't do it - it seems that Stern really listened to people about how they wanted to know about the options up front when buying. Running an LE this far afterwards... again, unless it is in trim package only, totally going to tick people off.

Rerun the base game as much as you'd like. I would love it if another 5,000 of them were out there. But don't change how the game plays and leave people like me who bought the game already out on the changes.

...I'm not going to vote for any of the above ones because I don't really care, but I will say I'm pleasantly surprised to see Avatar being rerun. That game is way better than people give it credit for.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The countdown stops while it's in the pops...

I never realized this. I'm always in such a heightened state when the mode starts that I never bother to stop and look at the DMD.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I never realized this. I'm always in such a heightened state when the mode starts that I never bother to stop and look at the DMD.

I think all Sterns are like that too btw

#60 11 years ago

Premium IM with armor, whiplash mod, powerball, LEDS, ACDC display and speakers, That would be killer.

#61 11 years ago

I'd buy an IM too. Have the other 3 but would love to get IM.
Good poll.

#62 11 years ago

I talked to someone at Stern today. Guy's name was Jim Belt. I contacted him to see how many Avatar machines were produced because I couldn't find information online that stated what the Pro production run was even though the LE's were only 250. (I recently acquired an Avatar Pro) He said that they weren't done making them. I asked him why they were on the "out of production" page. By the end of the day it was back on the current production games page again. He said with the 2nd movie coming out in either late this year or next year that was part of their reasoning for keeping builds alive. It may not be the most popular machine, but it must sell pretty well for them to be keeping production.

In regards to the differences in Pro vs LE. Unlike some games that have extra crossover ramps or lower playfields there is really no play difference in the Pro vs. LE in Avatar. I don't count the toy differences or lack of animations because in the grand scheme of things they don't make a difference in ACTUAL PLAY. I've played both versions. I played an LE first which is what made me weigh my decision on what to get......and now having played the Pro Version quite a few times since owning it I don't even miss the "animations" of the LE link chamber and amp suit. There MAY be some rule differences somewhere, but I can't hardly imagine if there are that they are that major.

I personally think the 2x Navi ball is screwy since sometimes you can start with it on ball 1 and some games you might NEVER get one. That factor alone sucks. IMO any game where you don't get it would feel like a waste or like you need a do-over. I have thought of getting one and tossing it in my unit just for the hell of it. One thing I did forget to mention is that the Navi ball isn't effected by the magnet near the amp suit of course, but honestly having the ball get flung around by the magnet it one of my favorite things to see.

#63 11 years ago

Lotr no doubt we need another rerun and it will be a great first nib for me

#64 11 years ago

What are the costs of these new re-releases ? Tron?

#65 11 years ago

I wonder how many people voted for IM in this poll just because they own a LOTR.... hmmm.....

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Again, I think they should do an IM LE

Isn't the idea of LE that they're LEs, and therefore re-runs are kind of out of the question...?

The whole idea of LEs is that it's a marketing ploy to get people to 'buy in' to the rareness and limited-ness... if they then do re-runs, isn't that kind of 'naughty'? Won't the original buyers feel cheated?

It has a taste of a scam to it if they re-run LEs... to me at least...

#67 11 years ago

We are not saying re run the Le, just the Pro. If Premium or an Le was never run, just a pro, Well It would be cool to have premium or Le made.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wonder how many people voted for IM in this poll just because they own a LOTR

Or voted for LOTR because they already have an IM.

#69 11 years ago

Oh, if there was one more release of LOTRs I would be the happiest pinhead walking! Would not miss out on that machine a third time!

#70 11 years ago

I voted SM because that is the only one I might buy NIB. Admittedly I own both LoTR and IM; not sure how I would feel about paying ~$6K for an IM pro NIB (based upon the tron re-release prices here in Canada) when I factor in shipping and taxes, NOT including other necessary mods like ramp protectors, shaker motor, playfield rails, protective side rails...

Is IM the most played game in my collection? Yes.

Is it worth $6500 to buy what I have now just for a NIB smell? Personally no. Let me know how many basically stock IM's have sold for ~$6K and you have an answer of how the market feels on this one, without additional supply.

SM is the only one of these where a HOU is approaching/at the 6K mark commonly.

Avatar.... wow. I actually don't mind the machine, but my mind is blown that it was on the list. Is this April 1st?

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Isn't the idea of LE that they're LEs, and therefore re-runs are kind of out of the question...?

Yes, if they ever made an LE. Which they did not. So your not making sense.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wonder how many people voted for IM in this poll just because they own a LOTR.... hmmm.....

Not me. I voted for IM because I like it better. I like short ball times. Turning then into longer ball times is what I feel makes me a better player.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh, if there was one more release of LOTRs I would be the happiest pinhead walking! Would not miss out on that machine a third time!

I would buy one asap too !

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Premium IM with armor, whiplash mod, powerball, LEDS, ACDC display and speakers, That would be killer.

Powerball not necessary, but I agree on the rest. Then, you would be back to 2 games I think!

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

so he didn't say 'no', he said 'not yet' (interesting).

I talked with Gary for 15 minutes on the topic of re-running IM, and there was absolutely no indication he was considering it (though he had obviously had this discussion with others). While he didn't completely shut the door, my expectation is just this side of "no".

#76 11 years ago

Is there any word on Avengers Premium? I'd be down for one if they are making it.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Taking orders on Stern Re Runs
Available Now
Avengers Pro
Feb
Tron Pro
March
AC/DC Pro -
AC/DC Premium Edition
X-Men Pro
Email us at
[email protected]

Speaking of the last LOTR LE run, I thought only 1/2 of the LE's were built because of lack of sales. What's the real story ?

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

What's the real story ?

Ask Jody.

LTG : )

#79 11 years ago

What's the difference if they do an IM LE? They did LOTR LE long after the initial LOTR run. Don't see much inference myself. That said, if they re-run IM, I'd buy either way.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Speaking of the last LOTR LE run, I thought only 1/2 of the LE's were built because of lack of sales. What's the real story ?

I have never heard that one before about LOTR LE. I have heard that about half the TF combos have not been made because of low sales.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

What's the difference if they do an IM LE?

LOTR LE was considered by a LOT of people to be a cosmetic step down, and it was missing the characters on the playfield. Add to that it was produced for something like $5k at a time when you could get routed LOTR LEs for $3k all day. Besides that, there were NO playfield or ruleset changes to the game.

A lot of people with the IM LE idea have been asking for new stuff on the game, like Stern's latest trend. That is what I'm totally against. I *love* IM - it's the best game ever made (to me), period. But I would be very put off if they made slight tweaks to the gameplay and I feel like I needed to order an LE of the game to decide which one I liked better, fully knowing that at least the original would be shedding value too.

Like I said, I'm ALL for remaking the base game - make 10,000 more of them and if used ones are selling for $2k, I don't care. Just don't try making a tweaked gameplay game so that I feel buyers remorse about the game that I already got.

#82 11 years ago

Well, I'm glad LOTR's was winning this poll.

I planned on buying one of the LE's when they were coming out but the duration between announcement and production took too long and I temporarily fell out of interest in the hobby and never ordered the machine . . . when I got back into pinball a mere eighteen months later all the NIB's were long gone.

Give me one more shot Stern!!!

#83 11 years ago

Actually, the more I think about it, I am guessing Stern really (legitimatly can't run more LOTR's) . . . surely JJP was smart enough to the license state they wouldn't re-grant a license for LOTR's to Stern while the Hobbit movies were being released. This popping into my mind somewhat depresses me on the topic.

#84 11 years ago

Bring on the IM rerun! I doubt this happens, but if enough interest is shown here, maybe Stern fires up the production line. (never thought another run of Avatars would happen, so anything is possible).

#85 11 years ago

Avatar is tempting my kids love the theme .

#86 11 years ago

The problem with these choices is that they are all "A" listers and I would buy any of them if they were rereleased. I voted for IM, but I would like a SM or TSPP as well. I already own a LOTR and love it.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Isn't that the entire point? We are trying to decide what games people would buy and expect somebody who owns LOTR wouldn't want another one.

#88 11 years ago

you know what I meant smartazz

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Avatar is tempting my kids love the theme .

It also would look good sitting next to your Tron, both are pretty blue and those 3D backglasses look even better with the LED backbox kit. The LE version is really not that much more expensive than what a new Pro will sell for.

I have an idea that could benefit us both. If you do not like it, I would take it later from you so you do not have much risk on loosing money plus you can keep it 6 months. I be in a better cash position after the Summer movie season and would like an extra for the new movie. I sold Jim (The Banker) one and he also likes the pin, more fun than given credit for plus another out of the showroom so I only have my personal one left and I like the pin enough to keep it. I paid 4500 for mine back in Summer 2011, another good deal from a nice seller named Grover. Its a John Borg design when he was really the only one left doing design during that "dark" time frame for Stern which now doesnt look bad at all, as IronMan also came out during that time plus the ever and really popular BBH which does well for route locations.

#90 11 years ago

We just did this!! Lol!
I am in the same boat though. My cash flow, due to my settlements is slow until summer.

#91 11 years ago

What ever they do no rerun on avatar it's a terrible game choose a good game for a reun not avatar
( I'm not saying that tron is a terrible game. it's epic )

#92 11 years ago

I am sold out of the March run on AC/DC Premium. Taking orders for May.

#93 11 years ago

TSPP deserves a LE upgrade.... but that won't happen.

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I am sold out of the March run on AC/DC Premium. Taking orders for May.

Wow, congrats!!!! I know two people that are seriously interested in buying an AC/DC Premium . . . the demand for that machine is amazing. Stern has really hit a grand slam home run with it.

Let's all pull for an Iron Man LE to come out. Even if the modifications are just cosmetic (mirrored backglass, leg protectors, shaker, chrome, etc., an LE run of Iron Man would be awesome.

#96 11 years ago

Bump. Sorry, I thought this poll was worth bumping for the weekend pinsiders and to remind the Stern guys there are a lot of pins that some of us would like one more crack at buying NIB if they re-run them now.

#97 11 years ago

Still hoping for Tron Premium here

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

TSPP deserves a LE upgrade.... but that won't happen.

I always thought it was worth re-doing TSPP on the SAM board so it would have better sound...now that we're approaching the NEXT new system - omg, can you imagine if they did a TSPP 10th Anniversary LE on the NEW system!? Remastered stereo sound, COLOR display (either a color DMD or all new animation on the color LCD (I'm sure they could just pluck clips from the show to replace any of the dots), high res cab decals (maybe new cab & backglass art) ...maybe a full animation on the TV instead of the colored dot matrix. Now how about THAT to take on WOZ?! LOL...a beefed up version of Joe/Keith's own game vs. their new one.

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Tree house of horror LE

Man, that would be awesome! My biggest gripe about TSPP is that Treehouse of Horror isn't a mode. They missed a great opportunity to incorporate some of the Halloween episode gags.

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I always thought it was worth re-doing TSPP on the SAM board so it would have better sound...now that we're approaching the NEXT new system - omg, can you imagine if they did a TSPP 10th Anniversary LE on the NEW system!? Remastered stereo sound, COLOR display (either a color DMD or all new animation on the color LCD (I'm sure they could just pluck clips from the show to replace any of the dots), high res cab decals (maybe new cab & backglass art) ...maybe a full animation on the TV instead of the colored dot matrix. Now how about THAT to take on WOZ?! LOL...a beefed up version of Joe/Keith's own game vs. their new one.

That would be epic! Plus one from me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taking-orders-on-stern-re-runs-tron-acdc-pro-acdc-premium-avatar-pro/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.