n crescent 2 (resized).jpg
summit lake (resized).jpg
A126296C-8D9B-4ACD-94A6-42EA7CCE575A (resized).jpeg
E1601558-5ECE-404A-87B2-700F226B2372 (resized).jpeg
7026D457-C1C7-4225-98A4-5ADFCD47ECF4 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230503_210521596 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230503_210529030 (resized).jpg
cjdisc (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

Big jeep fan here. No offense, but send the snorkel back. Snorkels are for mall crawlers, people who are really into jeeps like to point and laugh at ignorant people with snorkels.

BTW- Here's my ZJ. Its on long arms, 33's, built and locked 8.8 rear axle, 4.10 gears and lots more. Not a huge wrangler fan, I'm much more into the unibody jeeps (XJ's and ZJ's) but man I love me a 4 door JK. If the prices would come down a little more I'd really start considering buying one.

467919_3138989209554_1656702744_o_(resized).jpg467919_3138989209554_1656702744_o_(resized).jpg

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

No offense, but who cares what he puts on his jeep? It's his jeep to do with as he pleases - if he likes the look of a snorkel, then he should go for it.
I have 20" wheels on my jeep because I like the way they look better than 16s. Yea, it's not optimal for rock crawling...but I'll be doing that about 0.01% of the time.

You're right, he can do whatever he wants. Every rookie gets their first jeep and wants to put a useless snorkel on it. They don't know any better. Some people like putting huge double decker wings on their hondas, and they are more than welcome to do that. But all of us who know better are going to sit there and point and laugh at them, so I was just giving him a heads up.

#13 8 years ago

If you get into water you need a snorkel in, you're going to have plenty of other things to worry about not getting wet other than just keeping the intake out of the water.

Maybe I'll see you at the badlands sometime and we can go hit some trails!

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What about LED replacement headlights? Quadratec has some and a couple other brands. I've heard good things, but curious if anyone here has them? I hate the stock bulbs on most cars so I get HID's in mine now....freaking love them.

Not sure about the new style LED headlights, personally I'd just stick with getting an upgraded bulb and adding some auxillary LED lighting instead. I definitely don't recommend HID's in halogen housings, thats another big NO NO and yes I know people such as yourself do it and claim to love it. Its bad news plain and simple. LED light bars are becoming extremely affordable. I wouldn't risk my main headlights on some made in china LED lights sold by over priced quadratech. Just get a good quality bulb in there an add some external lighting that you can switch on and off as you please, plus not blind on coming traffic.

Quoted from dementedwarlok:

I am down guess the for cast for out there is supposed to be 62 degrees this week. As always the days I work.

Don't know when I'll make it over there again but I hope to sometime in late spring maybe around easter. It gets real sloppy out there in the spring time though

1 week later
#37 8 years ago

I'm so jealous of all you guys with the 4 door JK rubi's. I wish the price would come down on them just a little bit more and I'd finally move on from my love affair with ZJ's and XJ's

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I can't stand ZJs. I don't know what it is. Dad had a late 90s XJ and it was pretty cool but I hate the Chrysler interior of that era. So much crappy plastic. I either have to have the early Spartan interior that's purely functional or the later JKs where they have finally taken some interest in making the interior better. It seems people have more interest in the four door JKs. Why is that? for use with the family?

Yeah there is a lot of crappy plastic in these old things lol! I will say though that a lot of it tends to be better than most cars of that era. Plus the interior is just so well layed out and comfortable. Everything comes apart so easy if you need to and everything is so inexpensive to replace. Man I just love these things!! I can see why they have never been as popular with the general jeep crowd though. I just feel like you get so much bang for your buck with a ZJ, way more so than any other jeep. XJ's are sweet too and have that spartan interior you like, but they feel way tinier inside, they tend to be more expensive (actually really shooting up in price latley) ride rougher ect. What other vehicle are you going to get coil springs on all 4 corners, choice of either the bulletproof 4.0 or great V8 power, 242 transfer case stock (non v8's) and plenty of creature comforts for an ungodly cheap price. I don't know I just love em and you don't have to feel bad taking it out in the woods and rubbing up against a couple trees!

1 week later
#58 8 years ago

I like the bumpers! Not sure how I feel about those face stabber handles though. Probably would be a nice grab spot if you're getting really crazy with the top off.

5 months later
#104 7 years ago

Love all the jeeps guys! I'm just sad that theres not more XJ/ZJ/WJ owners here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taking-on-a-jeep-hobby?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.