n crescent 2 (resized).jpg
summit lake (resized).jpg
A126296C-8D9B-4ACD-94A6-42EA7CCE575A (resized).jpeg
E1601558-5ECE-404A-87B2-700F226B2372 (resized).jpeg
7026D457-C1C7-4225-98A4-5ADFCD47ECF4 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230503_210521596 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230503_210529030 (resized).jpg
cjdisc (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 8 years ago

That's cool this thread popped up. Dad just bought a '67 Jeep J-2000 with the thriftside bed. Motor doesn't turn but he's got it in the shop getting serviced. I think he had the notion after I told him I was looking for a Jeepster. Here's an example of the truck...

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm so jealous of all you guys with the 4 door JK rubi's. I wish the price would come down on them just a little bit more and I'd finally move on from my love affair with ZJ's and XJ's

I can't stand ZJs. I don't know what it is. Dad had a late 90s XJ and it was pretty cool but I hate the Chrysler interior of that era. So much crappy plastic. I either have to have the early Spartan interior that's purely functional or the later JKs where they have finally taken some interest in making the interior better. It seems people have more interest in the four door JKs. Why is that? for use with the family?

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah there is a lot of crappy plastic in these old things lol! I will say though that a lot of it tends to be better than most cars of that era. Plus the interior is just so well layed out and comfortable. Everything comes apart so easy if you need to and everything is so inexpensive to replace. Man I just love these things!! I can see why they have never been as popular with the general jeep crowd though. I just feel like you get so much bang for your buck with a ZJ, way more so than any other jeep. XJ's are sweet too and have that spartan interior you like, but they feel way tinier inside, they tend to be more expensive (actually really shooting up in price latley) ride rougher ect. What other vehicle are you going to get coil springs on all 4 corners, choice of either the bulletproof 4.0 or great V8 power, 242 transfer case stock (non v8's) and plenty of creature comforts for an ungodly cheap price. I don't know I just love em and you don't have to feel bad taking it out in the woods and rubbing up against a couple trees!

Sounds good. I looked at pretty nice Cherokee not too long ago but decided against it. I'm very surprised how high the Wrangler/CJ prices are.

Quoted from chrisjens2:

Bumpers done, interior almost done, roll in bedliner done, new gauges installed......

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Should there be primer under that bedliner? Some kind of rust inhibitor or something?

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

This is what the updated gauges look like just after fitment into the stock bezel.
Still need to refurbish the metal dash

image_(resized).jpeg

I like analog gauges mostly but those are cool. Are you going to redo the interior?

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Spent most my day out driving in the Wednesday blizzard » YouTube video

I wasn't expecting the guy sledding. Haha.

We got some snow down here too. It pretty much snowed all day and big, wet flakes but nothing stuck so it's all disappeared pretty quick. My brother lives in Tipton. I never realized till he moved up there how much more snow you guys north of Indy get.

#55 8 years ago

Well I may be joining the Jeep club. I'm going to take my Dad and go look at this Jeepster in Kentucky. Pretty excited.

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Well I may be joining the Jeep club. I'm going to take my Dad and go look at this Jeepster in Kentucky. Pretty excited.

pasted_image_(resized).png

If you see that Jeepster in Louisville at Arcade Expo, that's me. It sure is interesting to drive but I'm getting used to it.

5 months later
#84 7 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

Got a jeep....1945 Willys MB

Cool Willys.

3 weeks later
#89 7 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Finished my Willys project - kinda
Nothing is ever really finished

What kind of frame did you use for that?

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Can't believe that I've missed this thread until now.
I've gone out "Jeeping" (I didn't even know that was a verb until a couple of months ago) a couple of times with a friend in his Rubicon and simply put: I'm addicted, and I want....no, I NEED a Jeep!
I've still got 2 years left on my current lease. Might try to get out of it next year after seeing what the new JL platform is going to offer. Sounds like it will have an 8 speed auto transmission, and a Diesel is probably coming as well (I'm probably not interested in that).
Rumor is a 4 banger turbo is going to be standard, which I'm not happy about. I'm hoping a V6 will still be offered.

If you wait till the second year of the new platform maybe some of the bugs will be worked out. I'm interested to see what they look like too.

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from johnf:

Here's my '91 Renegade. Bought one brand new, it was my daily driver for nine years. Had to sell it when kids came and regretted it every sunny day... a few months back I found almost exact one locally on CL, same year, color, even lower miles and less rust than my old one . Needed some TLC and mechanical work, but it's great to drive a jeep again. Mostly stock and will probably stay like that, came with a hard top and full doors, got a new soft top and half doors for the summer.
Btw it had to be a 1991, it was the first year for this Renegade body style, and last year for the sport style roll bars. After that family style bars were used for 3 point seat belts. Never tried fitting a pin in the back yet

Never seen that body style before. It's pretty unique.

#124 7 years ago

I went to a car show today to show off my '67 Jeepster. Dad was supposed to bring his '67 Jeep Gladiator but had a break down on the way. There was one other Jeepster there, a '71. I was suprised to see it. Then there was a '48(?) Willys truck. Pretty cool looking. I forgot to take pics but maybe someone else did.

I wore my pinball shirt hoping someone would notice but there must've been no pin fans there.

#129 7 years ago

That's a pretty cool backglass. You need the game to go with it.

You should get a good pic of that backglass to put on IPDB. They don't have any pics of the game.

#155 7 years ago

Jeep culture definitely reminds me of motorcycle culture. Even in my old Jeepster, if a brand new JK goes past the driver will wave. It kind of caught me off guard.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

I worked on a truck farm

Ah, the good old days. Back when trucks were home grown.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Also when lifting your Jeep.. sometimes bigger is not better, unless you are doing some major crawling. I only went with a 2.5" Rock Krawler X-factor lift w/ 35's so it drives great on the street and keeps the center of gravity lower then other kits. With my Poison Spyder flat fenders I can fit 37's in there if I want too. The X-factor kit allows some extreme articulation too

How well does something like that drive down the road? I would imagine pretty rough.

3 weeks later
#173 7 years ago

I like the color with black wheels.

#176 7 years ago

I feel like mean headlights on a Jeep are like mean eyes on Kirby.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#193 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree, and that is one reason that I am a bit torn on whether to go forward with buying a JK now instead of waiting for the JL. JK is a proven platform with tons of aftermarket parts available. Obviously it will take time for the JL to get to that point.

That settles it then. Buy a JK now. Have fun for a few years. Trade for a JL. (Is that really the new designation? Ugh)

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm still trying to get a handle on what a modified JK would be like on the street as a daily driver. I hear that the 2.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor suspension is nice on the street than the stock suspension. But something like the ZR2 or Raptor would probably still be smoother on the street as they are also tuned for dunes/baja instead of just rock crawling.

I'm not sure what you're looking for. Are you just looking for something that has the mean look of off-road but is street worthy?

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seriously?
Adding a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift is only going to improve the looks slightly and won't give it a "mean look of off-road" and I have zero intention of spending that kind of money (nearly $5k installed) for "looks." I have zero interest in a mall crawler.
I have every intention of using the vehicle off road on the weekends (we have some of the best off road trails anywhere here in SoCal). But it *will* be my daily driver as well, so I have to take that into consideration.
Rock Krawler markets their kits as "hardcore suspension for your daily driver" which is exactly what I'm looking for. The question is just how "drivable" the JK would be on the street with their kit.

No offense intended. There's nothing wrong with a mall crawler. That's what I drive.8afd9502a6d9023e94551971189ed1d14f21cce3.png (resized).jpg8afd9502a6d9023e94551971189ed1d14f21cce3.png (resized).jpg

You might have to have two vehicles if you're going to get serious about rock crawling but would still like a nice daily driver.

#212 7 years ago

I saw one of these this past week. It was getting fixed up. A '70s Roof Palomino Lawn Tractor. They made them with mower decks underneath but I've heard they aren't very good for mowing.

This isn't the one I saw.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

2 months later
#259 7 years ago

My neighbor put a cummins diesel in his 90s wrangler. I don't have much more info than that but you can hear for miles around and it will make a big puff of black smoke.

It seems I've gotten the fam interested in Jeeps since getting my '67 Commando. Dad's started driving his '67 Gladiator that had the engine stuck when he pulled it out of a field almost a year ago. My sister just bought a YJ.

#282 7 years ago

Did you guys know CJs used to have a four cylinder Perkins diesel? I didn't.

2 months later
#315 7 years ago

I was going downhill and talking on the phone. I shifted down from 3rd to 2nd needlessly and sheered a fan blade off. I think it went in orbit.

IMG_0488 (resized).JPGIMG_0488 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#320 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Sad to say this, but I'm exiting the club for now. Planning on selling my 10A Rubicon to try out a sports car.
I'll probably list it in the next week or two. Fully loaded 10th Anniversary with 35's. Has the red leather interior. Very sharp. 22k miles. If you know anyone possibly interested, please share.

I love a black car with red interior. In school, I had a 79 Grand Prix with that color combo.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taking-on-a-jeep-hobby?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.