n crescent 2 (resized).jpg
summit lake (resized).jpg
A126296C-8D9B-4ACD-94A6-42EA7CCE575A (resized).jpeg
E1601558-5ECE-404A-87B2-700F226B2372 (resized).jpeg
7026D457-C1C7-4225-98A4-5ADFCD47ECF4 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230503_210521596 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230503_210529030 (resized).jpg
cjdisc (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Love my jeep...but yea, $5k in mods right out of the gate.

1 week later
#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

No offense, but send the snorkel back. Snorkels are for mall crawlers, people who are really into jeeps like to point and laugh at ignorant people with snorkels.

No offense, but who cares what he puts on his jeep? It's his jeep to do with as he pleases - if he likes the look of a snorkel, then he should go for it.

I have 20" wheels on my jeep because I like the way they look better than 16s. Yea, it's not optimal for rock crawling...but I'll be doing that about 0.01% of the time.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I love the snorkel look. But cutting that hole in the fender....errrrr ouch... can't bring myself to do it.

Yea - I really like the LED DRLs that install into the fenders, but I just couldn't bring myself to cut into my painted fenders.

Quoted from Haymaker:

You're right, he can do whatever he wants. Every rookie gets their first jeep and wants to put a useless snorkel on it. They don't know any better.

I think they are more for bling than anything - like you said, there are going to be a lot of issues if you are in water deep enough to need a snorkel.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What about LED replacement headlights? Quadratec has some and a couple other brands. I've heard good things, but curious if anyone here has them? I hate the stock bulbs on most cars so I get HID's in mine now....freaking love them.

I have the Mopar LED headlights (made by JW Speaker) and the JW Speaker Fogs and Tails. They are expensive, but they look awesome and visibility is so much better too.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Sweet. Can you snag some pics?!

Hard to do on the iPhone - but I lowered the contrast as much as I could - should give you an idea, but they look even better in person.

1 week later
#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I like the bumpers! Not sure how I feel about those face stabber handles though. Probably would be a nice grab spot if you're getting really crazy with the top off.

I have those grab handles - they look great and my passengers are very thankful for them. There's no way you are going to bump into the front ones - but I have bumped my head once on the rear ones when I was leaning into the jeep (but I'm 6' 4").

1 week later
#63 8 years ago

Cool - looks like a Pharoah? The cab looks really nice - congrats!

1 week later
#71 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The rumors I heard were
Keeping solid axles
No hinge on windshield
Aluminum body panel/parts somewhere to lighten up
Engine choices
Diesel engine as an option
Not sure on the soften part, but the more creature comforts it gets the more I hear that
Luckily they will make the current gen until 2018 as a "classic" model

A backup camera and HomeLink garage door openers would be nice - those were day one installs for me. I wouldn't mind a twin turbo V6 option either.

Factory installed lift kit would be a smart move for them as well. In fact, they should move to the Porsche model and allow for practically any mod to be installed at the factory. Not that I mind working on my Jeep, but I'm sure it would be a big market for those that don't.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

After I test drove a 4 door manual rubi the other day....ya rear camera would be handy. I know those can be installed aftermarket and even hacked into the stock lcd headunit.

Yep - it's just a software change at the dealer to enable the backup camera, then about $30 in parts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taking-on-a-jeep-hobby?tu=damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.