n crescent 2 (resized).jpg
summit lake (resized).jpg
A126296C-8D9B-4ACD-94A6-42EA7CCE575A (resized).jpeg
E1601558-5ECE-404A-87B2-700F226B2372 (resized).jpeg
7026D457-C1C7-4225-98A4-5ADFCD47ECF4 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230503_210521596 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230503_210529030 (resized).jpg
cjdisc (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 7 years ago

Can't believe that I've missed this thread until now.

I've gone out "Jeeping" (I didn't even know that was a verb until a couple of months ago) a couple of times with a friend in his Rubicon and simply put: I'm addicted, and I want....no, I NEED a Jeep!

I've still got 2 years left on my current lease. Might try to get out of it next year after seeing what the new JL platform is going to offer. Sounds like it will have an 8 speed auto transmission, and a Diesel is probably coming as well (I'm probably not interested in that).

Rumor is a 4 banger turbo is going to be standard, which I'm not happy about. I'm hoping a V6 will still be offered.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If you wait till the second year of the new platform maybe some of the bugs will be worked out. I'm interested to see what they look like too.

Right, common wisdom is always to wait until the second model year of a new generation.

My problem? I honestly don't know if I can wait that long! It will be all I can do to wait a bit more than a year for the JL to come out. 2 years? Ugh.

There is a part of me that is definitely worried about getting a Jeep though. I don't think there is a vehicle in existence that there are more after market parts available for. It seems that there is no end to the money that one could spend building their Wrangler. So the cost is a big concern, but at the same time, it's the custom building aspect of it that is very appealing to me. I can see it being a hobby that can really take a lot of time and money, but without the return on investment compared to Pinball.

I mean I know Wranglers hold their value extremely well. But the after market parts that you add? Not so much..

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I love the JKU Rubicon. Here's mine.

Very nice! What year is that? Is that a Hard Rock edition? I love the hoods with the air extractors.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

The Tacoma has the off road capabilities of the Wrangler

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Finally snagged a 16' Rubi HR

Very nice! Congrats!

#119 7 years ago

I just had lunch and was returning to my car (STi), and this was parked next to me. It's a sign I tell ya!

IMG_1715 (resized).JPGIMG_1715 (resized).JPG

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

just watching them makes me want to go back even though I am limited to where I can go in a stock rubi.

Don't sell that stock Rubi short. They are very capable even in stock form. Several stories of guys who took their stock Rubi's on the Rubicon trail. Not something that I would do, but guys who really know how to drive them can get a lot out of them.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

6k in mods overnight. Ouch.

That's what scares me about this hobby. Just putting on a good suspension/lift and new wheels and tires puts you at nearly $6k after installation. I don't have the experience to put a suspension kit on myself.

#141 7 years ago

I think I'm going to go with the Raptor, mostly because of the awesomeness that is this video:

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Also, the culture itself is kind of like owning a Harley where you have a lot of groups and people you go wheeling with and help each other out. The Jeep community is comprised of some of the coolest people I've met.

This is spot on, and is a huge part of the reason that I want a Wrangler. Even though I don't have one yet, I've been out a few times with a friend and have experience the Jeep culture first hand, and I am very impressed by it.

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Just put some new 35's on my 10A with no lift! The 10A package had slightly taller springs than a normal Rubi, so it works out pretty well. I am still planning on getting a 2.5" on it soon.

Very nice Rubi!

Did you have to use spacers on the stock wheels to get the 35's to fit?

3 weeks later
#178 7 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I already installed a 50" LED light bar,

Do you get the annoying wind noise from your light bar?

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I did initially with the 50" light bar, but it came with 3 rubber things that you slide into the heat sink fins spaced out along the back and it stopped the noise. There is no noise from the 20" light bar.

Cool, I wondered if those worked.

1 month later
#184 7 years ago

Chevy wants a bit of the ever expanding market of highly capable off road vehicles with the launch of the ZR2.

New Wrangler coming for 2018, new Raptor is hitting dealers soon, Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, and now the Chevy ZR2.

#185 7 years ago

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

That's great!
What's new on the 2017s?

LED headlights for one thing. Can't believe it took Jeep so long to go that route.

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Not much has really changed since 2013. Seems like a solid and refined design at this point.

I agree, and that is one reason that I am a bit torn on whether to go forward with buying a JK now instead of waiting for the JL. JK is a proven platform with tons of aftermarket parts available. Obviously it will take time for the JL to get to that point.

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Not only that, it will take the JL years to prove itself on how reliable the transmission and new motor is, and new axles and other components. Since it's the first model year of a new design, it would make me a bit nervous.. Jeep has a poor track record for new model years and re-designs (example the massive Jeep Cherokee 9speed transmission delay, recall, problems, etc)
They could be throwing crappier axles, gears, transfer case, etc into the new JL just to get a better EPA rating.. a lot of unknowns.. but the aftermarket will take a loooong time to catch up to the JL which eliminates one of the best reasons to own a Jeep: modding it

Well said Kris, I can't argue with any of that.

There's still a part of me that wants to wait to at least see what the JL will offer before pulling the trigger on a JK.

Plus, I also want to at least see/test drive the new Raptor and the new Colorado ZR2 before making a final decision (even though those are obviously quite different than a Wrangler and a bit of a compromise off road, one of them might be a good compromise for me since it will be my daily driver).

I'm still trying to get a handle on what a modified JK would be like on the street as a daily driver. I hear that the 2.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor suspension is nice on the street than the stock suspension. But something like the ZR2 or Raptor would probably still be smoother on the street as they are also tuned for dunes/baja instead of just rock crawling.

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm not sure what you're looking for. Are you just looking for something that has the mean look of off-road but is street worthy?

Seriously?

Adding a 2.5" Rock Krawler lift is only going to improve the looks slightly and won't give it a "mean look of off-road" and I have zero intention of spending that kind of money (nearly $5k installed) for "looks." I have zero interest in a mall crawler.

I have every intention of using the vehicle off road on the weekends (we have some of the best off road trails anywhere here in SoCal). But it *will* be my daily driver as well, so I have to take that into consideration.

Rock Krawler markets their kits as "hardcore suspension for your daily driver" which is exactly what I'm looking for. The question is just how "drivable" the JK would be on the street with their kit.

#201 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Rob, I kind of see what dmbjunky is saying. The Raptor and a Jeep are really two completely different animals for two completely different purposes.

Of course, but the reason I don't see what he is saying is because I already acknowledged what you are saying in my post:

Quoted from RobT:

I also want to at least see/test drive the new Raptor and the new Colorado ZR2 before making a final decision (even though those are obviously quite different than a Wrangler and a bit of a compromise off road

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have the Rock Krawler 2.5" Xfactor kit w/ Fox reservoir shocks and it drives better on the street then the factory Rubicon suspension. Since I am running 35's, that is the sweet spot.. if you go to 37's the street driving ability diminishes and you put a lot more stress on the axles and other components and its more of a rock crawler now. I think the combo of 2.5" and 35's is the best for a street driven JKU.

If I go with a JKU, I have already pretty much decided that this is the exact route that I would go based on the research I've done.

Kris, do you remember if your Xfactor kit was the long arm or short arm version? That's the one thing I'm still researching in terms of whether the long arm is worth the extra cost over the short arm kit.

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

No offense intended. There's nothing wrong with a mall crawler. That's what I drive.
You might have to have two vehicles if you're going to get serious about rock crawling but would still like a nice daily driver.

Damn, that is so cool!

Thanks, I didn't mean to come across as being offended (but probably did). I have definitely considered having two vehicles (that's what I've done with the sports cars I've owned) but I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth it for me to have two vehicles as the weekend vehicle inevitably does not get enough use to justify the cost.

So yes, I realize that some compromise may be involved here.

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Mid arm kit- long arm would be if going to a coil over kit.. which would ride like shit on the road!
Go w/ the Xfactor mid arm 2.5 kit, and get these shocks:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16195_101X_PG.htm
Or you could buy my 2015 w/ only 8500 miles on it that has $30K+ in mods already on it

Cool, thanks bud!

I love your JKU, but you'd have to make me a hell of a deal to tempt me because even though it's going to cost me a pretty penny, a huge part of the appeal to me about getting one is doing all the mods myself and making the JKU "my own." Modding a Wrangler is a huge part of the hobby.

1 month later
#219 7 years ago

I test drove a 2017 Rubicon yesterday.

I've got the bug.

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

The blue one is a 2004 Unlimited

I don't think so.

Nice Jeeps!

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Doesn't have to be a JK or a 4 door to be an Unlimited.

Wow, I definitely learned something new today then. I thought "Unlimited" meant it was a 4 door.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Wish they would make a diesel option. I have an 08 JKU and besides being grossly under powered, it started spewing oil out the rear main seal before 100,000 miles. Other than that, I love it. Wondering if it's worth looking into a diesel conversion? Otherwise may trade it in for a 4x4 pick up w/ solid axles and throw a camper shell on it.

The new platform, JL, will be a model year 2018. They will have a diesel option.

What 4x4 pickups have solid axles front and rear?

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Nice, may have to wait on that trade in then.

We are lucky to live where we do in terms of having access to a ton of great off road trails without having to travel too far to get there. Have you been out to Cleghorn?

#236 7 years ago

When we went to look at a JKUR on Monday, we fell in love with the Rhino color. I haven't seen a color that changes appearance in different lighting as much as this one does in quite awhile. It goes anywhere from gray, to dark gray, to dark blue, to dark olive green, and almost black depending on viewing angle and lighting. Crazy.

Messages Image(2284044819) (resized).pngMessages Image(2284044819) (resized).png
Messages Image(40042936) (resized).pngMessages Image(40042936) (resized).png

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Anyone done a diesel conversion? https://bruiserconversions.com/pages/diesel_conversions
After reading about the upcoming 2018 JL and seeing spy photos, I think I'd be better off keeping mine.

I'm curious as to what you read and saw with regard to the JL that made you decide to keep your current Jeep?

I can't tell much from the spy photos as they have all the camo all over them. I know the front windshield will have more of a rake to it, and will not drop forward onto the hood anymore. I think people are worried about whether the platform will be as robust as the current, as they are likely to make it lighter for better fuel economy. The diesel will be offered partly to help them meet CAFE standards.

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Will the V6 diesel in the JL be comparable?

It will not be offered with a V6 diesel, only the 4 banger, based on what I've read. If you have different information I would love to see a link.

Quoted from TOK:

The folding windshield is a joke with the JK anyhow, you have to take the sport bar apart and its so curved that it doesn't lay flat. Pointless.

Completely agree.

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

I would have a hard time spending more than 40k for a new Jeep. I have a 08 JKUR that was 36k when I got it. I believe they have gone up a bit since then.

I can get a highly optioned 2016 Rubicon right now for $41k. They are dealing, trying to get the last of the 2016's off the lot. The deal that I was offered was 6% below factory invoice. Doesn't get better than that.

#251 7 years ago

After reading that article I realized that I more than likely confused the turbo 4 hurricane motor with the upcoming diesel option. Also, I have been doing research on the upcoming Chevy Colorado ZR2, and it offers a diesel but only in a 4 cylinder turbo.

Man, it's hard to know what to do. A 6 cylinder diesel that makes 240hp and 420 lb ft of torque sounds pretty sweet, but how much is that going to cost? It may be hard for me to justify.

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The HR already is a $50k jeep....it is freaking nuts what they charge for this "basic" vehicle hahha.

Many car mags/sites list the Wrangler as one of the worst values in a new vehicle.

I don't really agree though, because they maintain their value better than almost anything else out there.

1 week later
#254 7 years ago

Officially joined the Club!

IMG_8511 (resized).JPGIMG_8511 (resized).JPG

IMG_8510 (resized).JPGIMG_8510 (resized).JPG

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

They're still selling as many as they can build and the first couple years of any new Chrysler are usually a nightmare. He did the right thing!

Bingo.

This really is what it came down to for me in the final analysis. As much as I wanted to wait to see what the JL had to offer, in the end I realized a few things regarding that wait: 1) Even if I like what I saw (looks, specs etc.) buying a first year new platform vehicle from Chrysler is pretty much universally accepted as a bad idea 2) one of the things I would have been interested in regarding the JL is the Diesel, but many people on the forums are saying that the Diesel won't even be offered in the 2018 JL...meaning I would have to wait at least 2 more years 3) The current JK platform is proven, I know exactly what I'm getting 4) The aftermarket parts support for the JK is amazing...to the point of being overwhelming. How long will it take for the aftermarket parts suppliers to get up to speed on the JL?

The final deciding factor: I found the exact Hard Rock that I wanted on a dealer lot. I mean if I ordered it myself, this is the way I would have ordered it. But...I was still less than half way through the lease on my Subaru STi. I was pretty sure that was going to be a deal breaker. My Lease company did not allow lease transfers either, leaving my only option being to trade it in. The first offer was $26k. Then they said maybe they could give me more but I would have to show it to them in person. I drove out there for the sole purpose of getting an idea on what I could expect on a trade, so I could put the Jeep thing to rest for another year (closer to the end of my lease) which had the added benefit of me being able to at least see what the JL was all about. In other words, I did not go to the dealer with the idea in my mind that I was driving away in a new Hard Rock.

They increased their offer for my STi to $28.5k. I told them I needed at least $30k to consider it. They didn't budge. Told them I was going to go outside, think about, talk to my wife, etc. I actually got cold feet, went back inside, and told them I needed to get home and could not do the deal tonight, even if they gave me the $30k I wanted for the STi.

Next thing I know, the sales manager comes out and says "even if we can do the $30k for the STi?" Then the very young (20 year old) salesman spoke up and said "he said he would go up to $31k" The manager was noticeable upset as the salesman obviously spilled the beans on how high they would go. I said yes, at $31k I will seriously consider it and call my wife. I couldn't pass up the deal given how much they gave me for my STi, combined with getting thousands off of MSRP on the Hard Rock. In the end it kind of made it a no-brainer.

I traded in a car that is near the top in terms of retaining it's value, for the one that is at the very top at retaining it's value.

Quoted from mrofnoc:

Trade in or did you add to the fleet? I miss my STI, but the JK was a worthy swap. Congrats!

You should have seen all the young salespeople drooling over my STi. It was hilarious. One guy went as far as to say I was crazy for trading in my STi. lol

#261 7 years ago

Oh, one other reason that I felt like I wanted to move a bit quicker: they stopped making the Hard Rock edition. It is being replaced by the "RECON" edition, which is basically still a Hard Rock, but the front grill is a dark gray, they have an ugly RECON sticker on the hood, and an ugly black decal on the center of the hood. I didn't care for the looks at all.

#264 7 years ago

Couple of pics of the RECON edition. When I showed these to my wife, I pretended to be slightly excited by it in order not to sway her opinion of it negatively. Her near immediate response: "It's ugly!" lol

The RECON has new wheels on it too. Also looks to have better rock sliders.

Messages Image(3033363992) (resized).pngMessages Image(3033363992) (resized).png
Messages Image(2171200920) (resized).pngMessages Image(2171200920) (resized).png

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

wheels are meh, the rock sliders though.....would be an upgrade.... hmmmm

Yep, people are digging those rock sliders. Looks like they can be used as a step too, unlike the current HR

#275 7 years ago

Wrangler forum is where I'm at too.

There is also Jeep garage and JK owners forum.com

#277 7 years ago

The one I bought has the 4.10's on it. Had to make sure I had those gears in anticipation of putting 35's on.

Even in stock form, the Wrangler is a bit underpowered. An additional 50 hp and torque would certainly be welcome.

#280 7 years ago

i like the new bumpers that you can take the ends off of.

You can do that on the current HR edition too.

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I have 4.10s with 35" KM2's, and it's perfect. Much nicer than the original 32's.

Good to know.

How much road noise do you get with the KM2's?

One thing I am loving about the stock BFG's is that they have very little road noise.

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

I've got almost 60,000 miles on these and still going. http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/trail-grappler-mud-terrain-light-truck-tire/
Not noisy IMO on the street and amazing off road in dirt, mud and snow.

Great, thanks for the heads up on that one. Will have to keep that tire in mind when I upgrade to 35's.

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't know why people buy these Rubi's with upgraded packages unless you plan to do no modifying. You pay way more than the extra stuff is worth given it's mopar, and other than the hood, it's all coming off anyway, and you don't get back the package price value. Those sliders don't work with the sweet rubi rail /ace slider combo either.
Congrats though Rob.

Just not true at all, other than the sliders. The vast majority of people who buy the Hard Rock stay with the stock bumpers, front and back. The back bumper already has the hole to add a swing mount tire carrier too.

I obviously priced out a normal Rubicon before buying the HR. Bottom line: it actually would have been stupid for me not to buy the HR considering how much more you get for your money.

Here is all the stuff included in the HR package, that you would have to add separately or after market if you get the regular Rubicon:

Leather seats (heated)

Steel Front Bumper

Steel Rear Bumper

Extra tow hook rear

Vented Hood

9 speaker Alpine stereo with subwoofer

Rock Rails

Fuel Door

Slush Mats

Steel Skid Plate

Info/Msg Center

Connectivity Group

Uconnect with voice command

So the sticker was about $2k more for the HR vs a regular Rubicon. Just the hood alone was worth it for me. If I got a regular Rubi I would have ordered that hood. By the time I had it painted, it would have been $1600.00 or so just for the hood alone.

When I first started looking I didn't think I wanted leather. Then everyone told me that leather was actually much better than cloth because it was so much easier to clean than the cloth, which just grabs and holds on to the dirt.

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

There are 2 things you only get with the Rubicon, the front Dana 44 and the lower ratio transfer case. If you pay an extra $3500 for a Rubicon, you'll get every dime of it back on resale.
Edit... Think I misunderstood your post. Originally thought you meant not buying Rubicon over a Sport instead of Rubicon over a Hard Rock.

Yeah, we were talking about a Hard Rock vs a regular Rubicon.

One other thing I forgot to mention regarding the HR bumpers: the front bumper is winch ready, unlike the Rubicon's. Also, the "wing" extensions can be removed, resulting in a "stubby" bumper, which gives better approach angles. As such, the only reason I see to remove the front bumper of the HR and replace it with an aftermarket one would be a preference for it's appearance.

As far as Rubicon vs Sport, you also get the locking diffs.

1 month later
#302 7 years ago

Been out twice so far, both times with the family and they are loving it. Well, they didn't love it quite as much the second time out as it was a bit more challenging than expected and we were by ourselves....and we are still newbies!

Loving the Jeep and the hobby so far.

I need to decide on a lift. Teraflex, Rock Krawler, MetalCloak?

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I've lifted a few Jeeps. If you plan on making it a daily driver and want a balanced on-road and off-road rig, I'd recommend AEV. It handles great is a solid choice in general. It's the "JJP" of Jeep lifts. Judging by your video, this would probably suit you well.
Teraflex does a lot of quantity and is a quality lift. Nothing but good stuff to say about Teraflex.
Rock Krawler and MetalCloak are more appropriate for the off-road performance world. I had a Rock Krawler 3.5" on my last Jeep. It flexed like crazy.

I'm going with 35" tires, and I'm thinking that I won't need more than a 2.5" (or 3.0" inch S/T3 from Teraflex) lift.

What is it about the AEV kit that would make it a better fit for me than the others? Cheaper? Smoother on the street? What kind of springs does the AEV kit use, Dual, Progressive, or Linear?

I've pretty much decided that these are the shocks that I'm going with, not sure how this will impact which lift kit that I go with (but they are fully adjustable so they should be able to be dialed in). These are the first shocks ever specifically designed for the JK and JKU from the ground up:

2 weeks later
#317 7 years ago

Got fully adjustable Falcon shocks for the Jeep. Couldn't pass up the Easter Jeep Safari sale at Northridge 4x4.

Now, if I could only make a decision on which lift kit to pair it with! Too many choices with so many contradicting opinions. Ugh.

IMG_1997.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_1997.JPG (resized).jpeg

1 year later
#369 5 years ago

Update. I went with the MetalCloak 2.5" Game Changer lift kit. Decided I wanted to stay with a lower center of gravity. After adding the 35" K02's and the lift kit, the Jeep is 5.2" higher in the front, 4.5" higher in the middle, and about 4.0" higher in the rear.

Still loving the hobby. I get mad at my friends when they don't want to go wheeling every weekend!

IMG_2460 (resized).JPGIMG_2460 (resized).JPG

Pilot Rock (resized).jpgPilot Rock (resized).jpg

pilot rock2 (resized).jpegpilot rock2 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#370 5 years ago

1 week later
#382 5 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I finally got to join the Jeep club.

Congrats!

Every time that I am in the car with my youngest daughter (16 years old) she points out various cars that she wants for her first car. The Renegade is at the top of the list. I have to admit, they manage to pull off being cute and cool at the same time. They are more than we are going to want to pay for her first car though, as even the used ones seem to hold their value well.

Have fun!

#387 5 years ago

Video from our run at Pilot Rock Truck Trail. At the 50 second mark you can hear what I thought at the time was my rear tire rubbing on a fender, but as it turned out, it was actually the rear axle hitting my gas tank skid plate

2 weeks later
#391 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

The second half of that looks like some fun stuff, I love the big rock with lots of off camber. Did you try it? I don't see your jeep in any of it? How far are you travelling to this stuff? I'm 4 hours from all our good rock.
haha it's funny that we've both moved to this. I can't get enough, but have to become a trailer queen soon, as I've already broken once on the trail and need to be able to deal with that in a much less expensive manner.

Are you talking about the 6:00 minute mark? No, I did not do that line. In fact, the Jeep you see at the 6:00 mark is the only one in our group who took that line, and it's a case of what you are talking about: he didn't give a shit if his Jeep flopped on it's side, or fell into those bushes. I couldn't risk it, and everyone else felt the same way.

Funny thing is that I was the only one who took the hard line through the steep rocks at the 1:30 mark, which surprised me.

3 months later
#398 5 years ago

Dishpan Springs

1 week later
6 months later
#411 4 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

I've had 4 wranglers and at least 6 XJ Cherokees in the past ranging from stock to 6" lifted V8 swapped monsters. I love the off road hobby but 7 or 8 years ago I discovered pinball and that consumed most of my extra money. I'm at capacity for pins now and that extra money was starting to burn a hole in my pocket. I don't think that will be a problem anymore since I picked up this 14 Sahara 6 speed manual with only 33000 miles on Monday. Really wanted a Rubicon but couldn't find one at a reasonable price with out a shit load of miles. I forgot about this thread but it just popped up great to see so many nice Jeeps in the pinball community.
[quoted image]

That's a nice empty canvass on which you can paint. Building the Jeep to your specs is half the fun of the hobby.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Just picked this up last week. 2013 with 18k miles. Loving is so far.
[quoted image]

Congrats!

I came very close to buying a used one in that same color. It really pops!

#416 4 years ago

Hairy moment on the trail yesterday with a guy in our group. Driver error for sure, as he let his driver side tire get on the wall on the left. He has a manual trans and felt like he was going to stall so he gave it more skinny pedal and it shot him up like that. The guys behind him thought he was going over backwards for sure. His rear spare tire saved him as it dug into the ground.

FullSizeRender.jpg.jpegFullSizeRender.jpg.jpegIMG_3625.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_3625.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_3628.JPG-1.jpegIMG_3628.JPG-1.jpegIMG_3629.JPG-1.jpegIMG_3629.JPG-1.jpeg
#420 4 years ago

Just a local trail in San Bernardino County near Lake Silverwood called 2N17X. It's considered an intermediate trail, with some very steep hill climbs and some really rutted out sections which are worse now because of all the rain we've had this season.

#424 4 years ago

Video from the close call last weekend

2 months later
#458 4 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Love my Mojito![quoted image]

What kind of wheeling do you guys do out in Florida? It's so flat...

1 year later
#670 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I like the fact that my house also came with a carport.[quoted image]

I remember that door. Not as good as Rotor Dave does, but I remember it.

5 months later
#701 2 years ago

Wow its been awhile since I checked in. Lots of nice rigs here. The wife join the club about a week ago. She now has a HyperGreen 2016 Rubicon Hard Rock. Now we have twice the memories to make and twice the maintenance. She's already going crazy with mod lists. I told her it takes time to make your build. Looking for a soft top already. Got some mirrors for when the doors are off and a sun shade.
[quoted image]

I love the Hyper Green!

When I got my 2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, that was the color that I wanted. Unfortunately they discontinued it for 2017 and I went with white.

3 months later
#732 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Just picked her up a few weeks ago
Added:
Diamondback HD cover
NFab steps
Fire extinguisher
First aid kit
Mopar floor mats
Sill protectors
Deadman pedal
Driver side seat lift
Carpeted bed
Custom handgun mount
More …[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice, congrats!

I see you are in TN. Very different, and in many ways more challenging, wheeling out there. With all the rain you guys get, you are almost always dealing with wet trails. One of the most difficult trails we have out here in Big Bear is Holcomb Creek. It's not just the boulders that make it difficult, it's the boulders combined with the water!

Love Tennessee. My wife and I are planning our vacation there next year. We want to scope out areas for a possible move in the next few years. Still doing our research, but leaning towards eastern parts of the state.

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

PM me when getting close to vacation - at least stop by the ranch and say hello, play some pinball!

See there?

A great example of Southern hospitality and I haven't even been there yet!

And I will definitely take you up on your offer!

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I'm looking to get a CJ5 as a 2nd/fun vehicle. Anyone have any thoughts on these? This is the one I'm considering tomorrow... 1976 model. I just love these classic smaller ones.
[quoted image]

That's a very capable rig, and super fun indeed!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taking-on-a-jeep-hobby?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.