n crescent 2 (resized).jpg
summit lake (resized).jpg
A126296C-8D9B-4ACD-94A6-42EA7CCE575A (resized).jpeg
E1601558-5ECE-404A-87B2-700F226B2372 (resized).jpeg
7026D457-C1C7-4225-98A4-5ADFCD47ECF4 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230503_210521596 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230503_210529030 (resized).jpg
cjdisc (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boondocker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#764 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks, yeah I was told about the led lights. My reasoning is this:
I'm realistically never going off pavement with this truck. The Mojave would be my pick if money were no object, but it's too pricey.
The Willys , once equipped the way I want, will be about 54k. If I equip the Mojave the same way I'm at like 65k. I can't believe I'm even spending 54k just to get things standard on many vehicles like heated seats/ proximity locks.
The Willys is cool enough looking for me, and the Rubicon would be full of wasted money options I won't use. I like the suspension on the Mojave, but the fact they put a fancy hood on with a fake, non functioning air intake scoop just screams "poser" to me.

Ya the hood is sort of lame, but if you like blasting down forest roads the suspension is awesome..... Mine loaded up with what I wanted only came to $54k, can't imagine what another $10k in options would be (must be leather and painted top and ???)

298 (resized).JPG298 (resized).JPG

#766 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Very nice! If I could get the Mojave for that price I would buy one. I don't have it in front of me, but if I remember correctly I wanted:
Cold weather package
Stereo/technology upgrade
Aux buttons
Trailer package
Safety group
Led light package.
I don't even want a hard top, and almost all of the on lots have one.

Auto, Hard top, LED, 8.4 navigation, remote start, bed liner, trail camera and tow package were the main ones. Wanted the heated seats but overlooked it. 2021 was the last year you could get without the safety group, figured that was too much to go wrong on a Jeep. Also got $2k back so was $52 after that.

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ok. Justin case anyone knows this stuff....
I'm about to place an order for my 22 unlimited Willy's package. They are telling me the only V6 engine I can get with my choices is the V6 etorque. I'm wondering if there are any disadvantages to this I have only read about the possibility of expensive repairs in years to come.
I also chose the $700 full-time all-wheel drive button option and wonder if there are any negatives to this? My Jeep will mostly be on the road and not too concerned about off-road capabilities but just had these two questions before I sign on the dotted line. I outfitted it with the cold weather package and a convenience group and the upgraded Alpine stereo as well as proximity keys.
I'm about to place the order on Monday, even though the color I wanted is no longer available . I can't really find any true bitches about the e torque, and I don't want a 6 speed at this point. Well, I do.... But I am occasionally stuck in traffic and my knees are getting old
Thanks for any advice!

Didn't even know what the e-torque was until I just googled it as I don't see anything on Jeeps website?

Wouldn't recommend the full time, and the 2-wheel capability is amazing. My 2500 Ram won't hardly move in the snow without 4x, the Gladiator is barely in 4x unless I am ramming some deep snow!

Also you will love the 8 speed auto, best auto transmission I have ever driven. Kind of scary how it holds a gear, but this motor seems to like to rev high.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boondocker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taking-on-a-jeep-hobby?tu=Boondocker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.