Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 427 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PACMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6269 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6267 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6268 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6266 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6264 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6263 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6262 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6261 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6260 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6248 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6256 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6247 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6246 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6245 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ralph67.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#313 8 years ago

Hey Pacman , Really sweet work man .
    It looks like all the hard work is done . Nice job with the Cabinet and Paint .

I have a "Jet Rocket" here , with schematics .
    I dont have the " Killer Shark" schems to work from .I think both games would be wired almost the same way.
    So here goes ,
    The "Safety Shock Relay" goes through the Coin Sw , Safety shock (Sw on its self) then to Game Relay.
    " Safety Relay" Travels through Switches on itself ,replay relay, coin relay ,replay button and replay relay then to Game Relay.
    But switches on all these relays are part of the chain .
    Score reset coil . Replay Release Relay .Replay Meter, Play Meter and Hold relay.Coin Swt.

Double Check for Jammed coin, credit button even the Test switch.
    Check resistance on all those small coils too ,And Meter the Score Cam Switches .

Check that 2-3 plays coil for resistance , it looks shorted even from down here. he.
    You may not need that coil , If you can swap the adjustment plugs back to 1 coin 1 Credit.
    You could swap out that coil or re wind it from a donor coil . If it is burnt out .

I would work through the relays . use a meter to check all switches, I found they were tricky to clean.
    I hope some of this made sense to you .
    Good luck . keep up the nice work. 4 stars!

#314 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ralph67:

Hey Pacman , Really sweet work man .
    It looks like all the hard work is done . Nice job with the Cabinet and Paint .
    I have a "Jet Rocket" here , with schematics .
    I dont have the " Killer Shark" schems to work from .I think both games would be wired almost the same way.
    So here goes ,
    The "Safety Shock Relay" goes through the Coin Sw , Safety shock (Sw on its self) then to Game Relay.
    " Safety Relay" Travels through Switches on itself ,replay relay, coin relay ,replay button and replay relay then to Game Relay.
    But switches on all these relays are part of the chain .
    Score reset coil . Replay Release Relay .Replay Meter, Play Meter and Hold relay.Coin Swt.

Double Check for Jammed coin swt, credit button even the Test switch.
    Check resistance on all those small coils too ,And Meter the Score Cam Switches .

Check that 2-3 plays coil for resistance , it looks shorted even from down here. he.
    You may not need that coil , If you can swap the adjustment plugs back to 1 coin 1 Credit.
    You could swap out that coil or re wind it from a donor coil . If it is burnt out .

I would work through the relays . use a meter to check all switches, I found they were tricky to clean.
    I hope some of this made sense to you .
    Good luck . keep up the nice work. 4 stars!

1 month later
    #358 8 years ago

Pacman , love this thread!

Regarding the 'non stop firing' problem .

I taken this pic of the 'Score cam motor ' on my Sega 'Jet Rocket' showing the solenoid plunger that sometimes jams and makes it continue to fire non stop ,
    Only i cant quite see the set up on your "Killer Shark" , was wondering if it worked in the same way as jet Rocket?
    Dose your game fire 3 shots at a time?
    The jet rocket fires 3 shots with each press on the button. then the plunger should release.

Hope this can help out
    Keep up the great work

score_cam_motor_(resized).jpgscore_cam_motor_(resized).jpg

#360 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Hey rocket is supposed to fire 3 at a time with 1 press of the button. Killer shark is 1 press, 1 shot

cheers mate , i wasn't sure how many shots per press of the button the killer Shark shot .
    what a fantistic job this guy is doing , really amazing work

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ralph67.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taking-on-a-1972-sega-killer-shark-restoration?tu=Ralph67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.