Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 427 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PACMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6269 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6267 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6268 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6266 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6264 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6263 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6262 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6261 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6260 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6248 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6256 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6247 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6246 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6245 (resized).jpg
    There are 427 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 5 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

LOL Thanks for the compliment but there's way better things here on Pinside
    UPDATE: After 4+ years. This box of parts is now 100% working and completely finished!!!! Pix and video in the next couple days.

Dear Pac-Man,

It’s been a lot longer than a couple of days, LOL! We’re dying to see those pix and videos of your killer Killer Shark resto!!! Do us a solid, por favor!!!

Thanks!

4 months later
    #402 5 years ago

OK, here comes the pix. My iPhone had trouble catching the shark and ocean action so i'm going to use my nice camera for those. And i'll upload some video as well.

#403 5 years ago
    IMG_6234 (resized).jpgIMG_6234 (resized).jpgIMG_6235 (resized).jpgIMG_6235 (resized).jpgIMG_6236 (resized).jpgIMG_6236 (resized).jpgIMG_6237 (resized).jpgIMG_6237 (resized).jpgIMG_6238 (resized).jpgIMG_6238 (resized).jpgIMG_6239 (resized).jpgIMG_6239 (resized).jpgIMG_6240 (resized).jpgIMG_6240 (resized).jpgIMG_6241 (resized).jpgIMG_6241 (resized).jpgIMG_6242 (resized).jpgIMG_6242 (resized).jpgIMG_6243 (resized).jpgIMG_6243 (resized).jpgIMG_6244 (resized).jpgIMG_6244 (resized).jpgIMG_6245 (resized).jpgIMG_6245 (resized).jpgIMG_6246 (resized).jpgIMG_6246 (resized).jpgIMG_6247 (resized).jpgIMG_6247 (resized).jpgIMG_6248 (resized).jpgIMG_6248 (resized).jpgIMG_6256 (resized).jpgIMG_6256 (resized).jpgIMG_6258 (resized).jpgIMG_6258 (resized).jpgIMG_6259 (resized).jpgIMG_6259 (resized).jpgIMG_6260 (resized).jpgIMG_6260 (resized).jpgIMG_6261 (resized).jpgIMG_6261 (resized).jpgIMG_6262 (resized).jpgIMG_6262 (resized).jpgIMG_6263 (resized).jpgIMG_6263 (resized).jpgIMG_6264 (resized).jpgIMG_6264 (resized).jpgIMG_6266 (resized).jpgIMG_6266 (resized).jpgIMG_6267 (resized).jpgIMG_6267 (resized).jpgIMG_6268 (resized).jpgIMG_6268 (resized).jpgIMG_6269 (resized).jpgIMG_6269 (resized).jpg
    #408 5 years ago

Speechless!

#409 5 years ago

Unreal ! You are awesome !!!

#410 5 years ago

Wow! Has Sega called you to buy this or Jumbo? They could use these in a Sega museum! Just speechless!

#411 5 years ago

Great job as usual. Amazing to think that game is about 50 years old. Plus or minus a few years. Excellent work.

#412 5 years ago

Funny you mention that, Sega Corp in Japan bought one of my restored Space Harrier Deluxe machines for their museum.

Quoted from tadowhere:

Wow! Has Sega called you to buy this or Jumbo? They could use these in a Sega museum! Just speechless!

#413 5 years ago

This is truly amazing work. Mind blowing perfection! What a beautiful piece of artwork!

#414 5 years ago

Awesome update! Thanks for the many pics and vids - great stuff

#415 5 years ago

Fantastic work!

#416 5 years ago

It was worth the wait! Seeing and hearing it come to life in the videos was awesome! Thank you for sharing your outstanding work!

#417 5 years ago

Pacman your a wizard!

#418 5 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Funny you mention that, Sega Corp in Japan bought one of my restored Space Harrier Deluxe machines for their museum.

That’s awesome!

#419 5 years ago

Pacman,

Thank you so much for taking the time to photo document your work on this game and for posting these most recent pictures. Like the others have said, it’s simply unbelievable what you’ve done with this game. It’s a museum piece!

I’m a lifelong fan of the move ‘Jaws’ and have wanted this game for nearly my entire life. Should you ever decide to part ways with this game, I would love to know about it. I’d imagine there’d be a long line of others wanting a crack at it, too!

Thanks again and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Jeff

#420 5 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

That speaks volumes if the factory buys from you.

#421 5 years ago

I think this whole project is absolutely amazing.

PACMAN - I do have one honest question out of curiosity. Between Vid's video on Page 1 and the video above, the ocean floor is moving in opposite directions. Is this intentional? In Vid's video, due to the direction, it feels as if the shark is coming after you and you're high tailing it backwards trying to fend him off. In your video, it seems more like you're pursuing the shark. Does the original game have bi-directional motion of the motor, or is this something that can be chosen by the owner?

#422 5 years ago

Thanks! It’s actually bidirectional. I had it going backwards first but it seemed weird. It’s easy to switch back though to give it the chase effect.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think this whole project is absolutely amazing.
    pacman - I do have one honest question out of curiosity. Between Vid's video on Page 1 and the video above, the ocean floor is moving in opposite directions. Is this intentional? In Vid's video, due to the direction, it feels as if the shark is coming after you and you're high tailing it backwards trying to fend him off. In your video, it seems more like you're pursuing the shark. Does the original game have bi-directional motion of the motor, or is this something that can be chosen by the owner?

#423 5 years ago

I remember that sound like it was yesterday

#424 5 years ago

I think the chase effect is best, IMHO.

8 months later
    #425 4 years ago

OMG - just found this epic thread and had to check out all nine pages, truly awesome, cannot give you enough kudos, I am blown away. Sorry to revive an old thread, but I love this game - when I was 8, I snuck out to the arcade whenever I could and even in 1980, the Killer Shark game was still going strong at my local Alladin's Castle. I remember loving that game, even though I was young enough, the shark's bloody death (and fear of them after Jaws anyway). I couldn't even play it unless I could find one of the step stools the arcade kept lying around for younger players. I never forgot that game - and now, I'm amazed at how it works, and how cool it looks.

@pacman - I actually just happen to be writing up a documentary video on the early shark arcade games. do you mind if I use this thread as a resource for my video? While your videos are short, they show some great shots that show how it works - that's actually how I found this thread; I was looking for info on projection based games like Killer Shark. I'd happily credit you and provide links to your YouTube or website. And, this may be too big an ask - but I see you're in San Diego - any interest in showing your restoration off? I'm also in SD, if you'd be willing to let me see it and/or play it, that would be really cool for the video. If not, no worries - thank you so much for sharing all of this!

3 weeks later
    #426 4 years ago

Hey guys, i'm moving on from Pinside for my arcade art and restoration stuff.

You will be able to find me here:

https://www.facebook.com/lostarcade/?view_public_for=2070619203248630

Going to have a ridiculous amount of content, pix, info, events, etc.

#427 4 years ago

I'll still be here for pinball stuff, just not arcade stuff...

There are 427 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taking-on-a-1972-sega-killer-shark-restoration/page/9?hl=backyardace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.