Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 427 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PACMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 66 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6269 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6267 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6268 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6266 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6264 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6263 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6262 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6261 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6260 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6248 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6256 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6247 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6246 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6245 (resized).jpg

There are 427 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
    #101 9 years ago

First stencil of orange/peach color is done.

Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 1.38.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-09 at 1.38.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 1.38.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-09 at 1.38.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 1.39.11 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-09 at 1.39.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 1.39.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-09 at 1.39.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 1.39.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-09 at 1.39.40 AM.png

#102 9 years ago

That's looking fantastic, Dan! Great job, as always.

#103 9 years ago

Thanks Mike! Should have blue painted tomorrow.

Quoted from Funkydays:

That's looking fantastic, Dan! Great job, as always.

#104 9 years ago

Damn! Thats all, Just...Damn!

#105 9 years ago

PACMAN...it's been 24 hours! Where's my fix!?!? You're the main reason I'm checking out pinside this last couple of weeks!

Progress report and photos please!

#106 9 years ago

Fantastic work! Back from the dead - my favorite kind of thread. I have GOT to buy Illustrator one of these days...

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Fantastic work! Back from the dead - my favorite kind of thread. I have GOT to buy Illustrator one of these days...

For everybody who like to start vector drawing I can recommend "Inkscape".
    This is free software with great potential. I use Illustrator semi professional when helping out my brother in his print shop, at home I use Inkscape for a while now, and didn't yet met its boundaries. It doesn't look as professional but the feel is comparable.

The link:
    http://www.inkscape.org/

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ramakers:

For everybody who like to start vector drawing I can recommend "Inkscape".
    This is free software with great potential. I use Illustrator semi professional when helping out my brother in his print shop, at home I use Inkscape for a while now, and didn't yet met its boundaries. It doesn't look as professional but the feel is comparable.
    The link:
    http://www.inkscape.org/

I hope someone does a thread for this soon so we can all get a better glimpse into this world. I would ask some questions but I don't want to hijack this great thread.

#109 9 years ago

Super Job PACMAN

That machine is going to be the next best thing to brand new when you are done.

Ken

#110 9 years ago

Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Damn! Thats all, Just...Damn!

#111 9 years ago

Coming right up…

Quoted from jodini:

PACMAN...it's been 24 hours! Where's my fix!?!? You're the main reason I'm checking out pinside this last couple of weeks!
    Progress report and photos please!

#112 9 years ago

That's the plan

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Super Job PACMAN
    That machine is going to be the next best thing to brand new when you are done.
    Ken

#113 9 years ago

Into the blue…

Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.53.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.53.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.53.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.53.54 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.54.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.54.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.54.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.54.12 PM.png
    #114 9 years ago

Front is done.

Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.54.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.54.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.54.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.54.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.55.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-10 at 5.55.00 PM.png
    #115 9 years ago

Very cool. How did you make the stencils. I have a capt kidd gun game but it doesnt have the original artwork. Have to make the stencils. Very impressed with your work

#116 9 years ago

SWEET! That is just outstanding!

Now I can go to bed!

#117 9 years ago

Thanks! Check page 1 of this thread to see the steps. It's not too difficult, just time consuming.
    Capt Kidd is a great game.

Quoted from Spanishsilver:

Very cool. How did you make the stencils. I have a capt kidd gun game but it doesnt have the original artwork. Have to make the stencils. Very impressed with your work

#118 9 years ago

Glad you got your fix

Quoted from jodini:

SWEET! That is just outstanding!
    Now I can go to bed!

#119 9 years ago

Superb work thus far.
    Very nice to see more EM shooters getting some love.
    I really think they are fun and If I had more room and money I would have at least 1 in my gameroom.

#120 9 years ago

Absolutely incredible work. Can't wait to see more!

#121 9 years ago

Thanks! Just getting into the EMs myself. Going to do a Midway Haunted House for my next EM shooter.

Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Superb work thus far.
    Very nice to see more EM shooters getting some love.
    I really think they are fun and If I had more room and money I would have at least 1 in my gameroom.

#122 9 years ago

Pacman I have throughly enjoyed keeping up with this restoration. You have mad skills.
    I'm jealous.

Murphy

#123 9 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Going to do a Midway Haunted House for my next EM shooter.

That's my favorite one. If I ever had the space and urge to own one it would be that.

#124 9 years ago

Not only is the work incredible, but the effort put into the documentation of the process is quite appreciated...Thank you for sharing!

#125 9 years ago

What's your secret to making such nice curves and round circles on your stencils? It looks so smooth and flowing, great job.

#126 9 years ago

Thanks jfh, MurphyPeoples and Cosmo

#127 9 years ago

Vector lines using bezier curve handles in Adobe Illustrator

Quoted from jasonsmith:

What's your secret to making such nice curves and round circles on your stencils? It looks so smooth and flowing, great job.

#128 9 years ago

Crappy mobile phone update for now..

photo.JPGphoto.JPG
    #130 9 years ago

Truly amazing. I would love to get an EM gun game and am extremely jealous of the Haunted House you are doing next. It is my number one wishlist EM game as I like the darker themes.

#131 9 years ago

Thanks! I've got the Haunted House shipping in soon, no idea how much work its going to need bu the glass looked amazing.

Quoted from futurepinhead:

Truly amazing. I would love to get an EM gun game and am extremely jealous of the Haunted House you are doing next. It is my number one wishlist EM game as I like the darker themes.

#132 9 years ago

Better pix of the blue.

Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 7.49.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-13 at 7.49.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 7.49.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-13 at 7.49.27 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 7.49.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-13 at 7.49.39 PM.png
    #133 9 years ago

Just discovered this thread tonight, great job. I love seeing the process.

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Just discovered this thread tonight, great job. I love seeing the process.

Ditto! This is looking awesome!

#135 9 years ago

freaking art. literally.

#136 9 years ago

This is the thread I come here every day to check on ....amazing work!

#137 9 years ago

Looking good! Super cool game, for sure!

#138 9 years ago

Is this really a restoration?
    I mean if you take a perfectly good cabinet and trash it for a new one...is this considered a restoration?
    I think it's full blown laziness if you ask me.

Post edited by moderator: Ejected from thread. Play nice.

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from Andys80s:

HaHaHaHaHa..............................
    I'm going to laugh about that one all day now.

#140 9 years ago

Looks fantastic. wish I had all the repo resources you have access to . Many things you did, I don't have the sources to recreate such things. Would come in so handy around here.

#141 9 years ago
    Quoted from Andys80s:

WTF?

#142 9 years ago

I know that is a hell of a thing to say for your first post on Pinside. I'd like to see some of his restorations.

#143 9 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I know that is a hell of a thing to say for your first post on Pinside. I'd like to see some of his restorations.

Ignore the trolls.

#144 9 years ago

Wow. That pretty much sums it up.

I have a Chicago Coin Wild West Rifle that I will be restoring in the future.

#145 9 years ago

Yeah- it would have been so much nicer looking if he created a bondo cast in the shape of the original cabinet-
    JEEZ

#146 9 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Yeah- it would have been so much nicer looking if he created a bondo cast in the shape of the original cabinet-
    JEEZ

fizgag.jpgfizgag.jpg

Yeah, you're right.....looks like total dust to me too.

#147 9 years ago
    Quoted from Andys80s:

Is this really a restoration?
    I mean if you take a perfectly good cabinet and trash it for a new one...is this considered a restoration?

Yea, because only lazy asses rebuild a complete cabinet because the original is too far gone to restore properly.

I think Andys80s needs to reflect on what he says before he posts next time. Open mouth insert foot comes to mind.

Ken

#148 9 years ago

He is just a troll. He must have gotten lost on his way from MM to MMR.

#149 9 years ago

No...it's just a long standing point of contention on KLOV that ran its course. It doesn't need to be brought up here too. Andy, I didn't read through every thread over there to see how much you got in on that whole restoration/reproduction argument, but regardless, it doesn't need to roll over here. He's putting a helluva lot of work in on this project and the majority of us are happy that we can see the continuation of it here. There's zero need to start pointless arguments here...let's try to be a little bit adult about this.

#150 9 years ago

You will all learn soon enough. The guy is here posting about arcade games because he has been banned on every other forum about arcade games on the net.

He is the troll.....he will soon self destruct.

Until then enjoy his abortions.

There are 427 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taking-on-a-1972-sega-killer-shark-restoration/page/3?hl=knxwledge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.