(Topic ID: 170214)

Taking Care Of My Harbor Freight Tumbler

By UvulaBob

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_9040 (resized).jpg
    DSC_9041 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphod.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago

Ditto the extended warranty - I seldom get them but it pays off on the HF tumblers. Give it some heavy use when new, the ones that fail mechanically usually die just over a month or two of good use. My first one failed at seven weeks - motor got extremely hot, couldn't touch the bolt for a bit, melted around the cover hole - pulled the warranty receipt and have used the replacement ever since.

Turn that wingnut until your thumb hurts! I failed once and like Force the hole became a larger oval. I added a metal washer on top of the rubber one under the lid, added washers on top of the to raise above the damaged thread, been good for two years. I have learned to verify that the wingnut does not move after 20-30 minutes then it can run for days if need be.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphod.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taking-care-of-my-harbor-freight-tumbler?tu=zaphod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.