4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by davewtf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

terminator-gif-arnold-schwarzenegger-i-ll-be-back-i-will-be-back.gif
    H4sq6h8.gif
    image-188.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Not from pinball, but from Pinside. Tired of all the BS here. This really is the new RGP. I useed to look forward to reading through the forums, but now it's just more spewing than anything from people that are oh so Tough behind a keyboard.

I know most people won't miss me, and many will say not to let the door hit me in the ass, and that's fine.

Enjoy the bickering and bullshit. Life is too fucking short to get so God damn worked up about pinball. I will post in the Marketplace if I have anything for sale. I can not answer the 50 PM's to "let me know if you sell xxx game"

Have a nice day

Chris

#2 4 years ago

How dramatic of you to declare. It is nice of you to still use the marketplace.

#3 4 years ago

I will miss you Chris. Always an open invite to come play and hang if you are ever in Madison (actually for any cool pinheads for that matter).

Lots of new assholes in these parts it seems and you are right that it is just not worth it.
    Stay strong and keep healing brother.

#4 4 years ago

I never understood why people have to publicly say they are leaving 'x' or 'y', etc. No, its not just on pinside.

Its not like you are a professional athlete or something.

Just go and get on with life.

#5 4 years ago

Why click on the trolling threads?

Don't like the topic, don't open thread

Be happy

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Life is too "fucking" short to get so "God damn" worked up about pinball.
    Chris

I totally agree with some of what you are saying...but, I won't miss statements like that either.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

I never understood why people have to publicly say they are leaving 'x' or 'y', etc. No, its not just on pinside.

Because in some cases, like this, Chris has MANY internet friends (and some IRL friends) where it is just easier to post a thread where he normally hangs out so everyone knows and we don't worry about him if we don't see him for a bit.

Side note, pretty sad if you care more about a professional athlete than a real pinhead like Chris. I could give 2 shits about some entitled rich athlete with a false god complex, but I surely care when a good pinhead is going to MIA for a bit. F'd up world we live in.

#8 4 years ago

Theres no shortage of great, drama free threads on pinside such as the guy making the JP T-Rex and the guy restoring the killer shark game, pinsiders helping pinsiders with tech issues, etc.
    Choosing to get involved in the drama is your own decision...
    Starting a thread for a big announcement of you leaving is just more drama...

#9 4 years ago

I've taken breaks before too. I ended up missing seeing people modding and getting ideas. I've made some great friends on here that I would never have made not being on pinside. I am thankful for that. Take a break and when you come back DRAIN the topics you don't care for. It's that simple. I know you'll still be reading if you still own machines. You will.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Choosing to get involved in the drama is your own decision...

I admit, when I get bored or there's no interesting tech problem to help research I might get involve in some of the drama.

There's something called a power switch on my computer if I want to do something else.

#11 4 years ago

Most of the drama is around the new releases and pre orders.
    Stay away from those threads and you will avoid most drama.

#12 4 years ago

I never really had a problem with RGP. Same goes for Pinside. I self moderate. Something doesn't interest me? Don't read it.

I agree that life's too short, which is exactly why I self moderate. Don't have to look at it or read it if I don't want to.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Why click on the trolling threads?

They all seem to go that way, eventually. I agree with Chris.

Good luck to you going forward, Chris. Hope you kick cancer's ass.

#14 4 years ago

OMG!!! Why? WHY??

image-188.jpg

You....coulda just shut the computer of and that's it. But if you wanna be dramatic about yourself...
    That's cool I guess. Enjoy life in other pursuits.

#15 4 years ago

I have been draining and ignoring a lot lately. It helps clean things up from time to time and I can focus on things that do good for the hobby and the tech side that I am still learning. Every once in a while I look in on a drama thread just to see who I can safely ignore.

#16 4 years ago

Drain is one of the best newer features on pinside. Poof, and a whole subject is gone.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Drain is one of the best newer features on pinside. Poof, and a whole subject is gone.

I have two folks on ignore, never saw the reasons behind draining a whole topic.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

You may not have been here for the Brokedad departure drama...that put all these prepay fiasco threads to shame in the drama department.

#19 4 years ago

Chris, I understand, see you when you pop back in for visits. I'm familiar with the old RGP mentality and am quite comfortable ripping a troll a new one and shoving his head in it if needed so I'll stay put. Sorry guys.

Steve

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

You may not have been here for the Brokedad departure drama...that put all these prepay fiasco threads to shame in the drama department.

Oh, that's why Brokedad isn't posting his anger all the time. I missed that departure. Not the poster, just the departure.

#21 4 years ago

I take breaks from here from time to time.....never announce it though. In fact it's usually not even intentional....I just get caught up with other things. So far I've always come back...sometimes it takes a nudge from a fellow Pinsider.

#22 4 years ago

Why leave Pinside when it's so easy to make it a site that suits you? Figure out which subforums have the lowest signal to noise ratio, and uncheck them so you never see them. I've been doing this for most of the boutique vendors (no offense to them, I just don't care about $8k games).

If I ever wanted to take a break, I'd uncheck everything but "EM Hangout". I think we need an "80's Hangout" because that's a mellow bunch of collector too.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

If I ever wanted to take a break, I'd uncheck everything but "EM Hangout". I think we need an "80's Hangout" because that's a mellow bunch of collector too.

the kinder and gentler side of pinside...

i wish he would go that route rather than departing entirely...

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Why leave Pinside when it's so easy to make it a site that suits you? Figure out which subforums have the lowest signal to noise ratio, and uncheck them so you never see them. I've been doing this for most of the boutique vendors (no offense to them, I just don't care about $8k games).

An 80's collector sub forum would be awesome. Will recommend it to Robin. Great idea.

#25 4 years ago

I really think most of it is just a few people. Obviously not all of them, but a few of these people tend to pop up in the "Forum Fanatics" section.

Sometimes a few loud individuals make it seem worse than it is. People wanted a largely unmoderated Pinside and they got it.

#27 4 years ago

I think this is just the post-surgery Vicodin talking. Take care Chris, hope you get well soon.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Enjoy the bickering and bullshit. Life is too fucking short to get so God damn worked up about pinball...

Sounds like you should take your own advice. Ignore the BS, don't click on obvious troll threads, and chill out. Throw the worst dozen offenders on ignore and it all goes away...

#29 4 years ago

First of all, I am sorry if I offended anyone with my language. I did not mean to do so. Also, not that it warrants an apology, I do so for this entire thread. You are correct in that it is just more drama.

It has been a stressful few weeks. After my most recent surgery, on December 1, I felt really good. Better than I expected. Now I am starting to feel worse, which is actually a good thing (confusing, but I can explain if you really want me to). Anyway, because of the increased pain, I did indeed take meds I am not used to taking. I make it a point to not take pain meds unless absolutely necessary.

That, combined wit a severe lack of sleep, and reading almost everything incorrectly as "whining" led to the initial post. I can't take it back, but it really wasn't my style.

That said, I think while I will still reduce time on Pinside, I will take the advice of some members and begin to utilize the "drain" and "ignore" features of the site.

Thanks again,
    Chirs

#30 4 years ago

Take good care Chris. Please pop in occasionally so we know you are in good health and good spirits !

LTG : )

#31 4 years ago

bye

H4sq6h8.gif

#32 4 years ago

I wish you a speedy recovery. I get where the ball busters are coming from, as I have rolled my eyes at similar threads, but you are a positive force here and have explained what prompted the thread. Glad you have decided to stick around. If we all leave because if the dozen or so idiots, we are letting them win

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

There's actually a term for this: flouncing.

Pinside has a "drain" tool. I use it all the time.

#34 4 years ago

I don't know ya.. but, you apparently are a stand-up guy. Thanks, and good luck.

#35 4 years ago

silver unicorn right here:

terminator-gif-arnold-schwarzenegger-i-ll-be-back-i-will-be-back.gif
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    $ 5,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 16.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 18,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    www.retroarcade.se
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside