tommy-flanagan.jpg
image.jpg
da claw.jpg
image.jpg
th.jpeg
programmers.jpg
image.jpg
The Craw.jpg
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Addicts and addict behavior. I need counseling ...

The good thing about addictive behaviour is that it can be changed.

#252 9 years ago

You just have to want to really change ; )

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You just have to want to really change ; )

Yes you do but it can be done.
I am speaking from experience, I have that addictive gene, tendencies, personality or whatever it is.

#254 9 years ago

now if your asking not to buy NIB for a year or two until coding quality rises, now that "pledge" will have teeth...

#255 9 years ago

I'm buying. Have never done NIB, have AMH on order but love the theme of Wrestlemania so going all crazy two nib within months of each other. Yeah I hope the code is great one day but I know what I'm doing. I'll enjoy it regardless. Hopefully I can upgrade from my pro to the LE but I want to see pics and video of differences first.

#256 9 years ago

OK, I won't. I won't buy it either. I can't stand wrestling. It is even worse to watch live and up close.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

OK, I won't. I won't buy it either. I can't stand wrestling. It is even worse to watch live and up close.

I actually won ringside seats to a wwe match about 15 or so years ago. I had zero interest in going and
A very hard time finding people to go with me as I won four tickets. It's obviously staged. But the theatrics and athleticism are way over the top and entertaining in a train wreck sort of way. I also got to meet Brett heart (sp?) while I wouldn't pay for it myself I can say it was extremely entertaining. Nothing to do with the pin but wresting matches can be fun

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Addicts and addict behavior. I need counseling ...

Hey, my offer is still open to be a sponsor!

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I actually won ringside seats to a wwe match about 15 or so years ago. I had zero interest in going and
A very hard time finding people to go with me as I won four tickets. It's obviously staged. But the theatrics and athleticism are way over the top and entertaining in a train wreck sort of way. I also got to meet Brett heart (sp?) while I wouldn't pay for it myself I can say it was extremely entertaining. Nothing to do with the pin but wresting matches can be fun

I think to be fair a lot of people are being snotty about it, but then admit how much they loved the old wrestling. And I was into it too, when I like 8 or 9 years old. I remember the Hulk Hogan cartoon (I was born in 77).

Then I basically forgot all about it. I watch very little TV that has commercials, just live sports when we don't DVR and skip, and so I don't really see ads for it, I've never watched anything remotely modern, I just have no real exposure. I know The Rock from crossing over into movies, and I guess old friends who would say his can you smell what The Rock is cooking? line. Did I get that right?

Ironically Ric Flair is big with rappers now, lot of songs about him.

So I feel like it's about if you kept that nostalgia or not. It's not a bad theme for a pinball. It's just not. It's just probably not a great theme for most home collectors. So I'm curious to see how well it does. Would love to know how it does compared to TWD.

#260 9 years ago

I'm with you Ice,

I too was disappointed on how Stern handled TWD release. It sounded like the new format was LE & Pro. So I jumped knowing I wanted the features. Add in the back glass debacle. I'm out. Also I would like to see the new system get some really testing and I don't want to help work out those bugs.

My distributor said Stern was listening to all the criticism from TWD and they were making it right with WWE. A little to late for me..........

I've said it before I'm happy the code isn't finished when it comes to us. Do I wish it was more complete and more things were implemented? Yes. But because its not complete they make changes, adjustments and such which I think are a result of some of our input. I would be bummed if they R&Ded a machine for a year. Released it with what they considered finished code and that as it. There are a lot of talented people here and I think a lot of good rules and play ideas come out of this group.

.......That said I will probably be in from the jump on KISS.........just wish it was MAIDEN......

chris

#261 9 years ago

I know my self better to say I won't buy. But I can easily wait now to see the game first and worst case just get a pro. My call to action is Stern make sure its appealing in finish and code so I buy it vs expecting my pre order.

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Jeez, the simple answer is always PLAY IT FIRST. I got ST NIB, but I played it first so I knew what I was getting. Sure, I want Stern to hurry up and finish the code. Make my potato flashers work - hello! ....but I knew what I was getting, and about one year later I'm still happy with it.

Exactly. I played ST pro a few months ago and really liked it. I wanted to buy one after only a few plays but waited. I checked out a lot of other pins, new and old, and then knew for sure ST was the next game I wanted. The premium looked nice but way too expensive. The pro was still pricey but it was my decision to buy it. Maybe I am not into the hobby like others. I don't care about LE's or what a pin is worth down the road - I just know what I like and enjoy playing what I like.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love the pin, but I'm not loving any more $8k overpriced and under featured pins any more

The pinball hobby survived being almost EXCLUSIVELY as a secondary market for decades. I'm still amazed so many pinside users have such a hard time getting their head around buying used vs NIB as the default way to get games in their collection. Its as if you think 'we need to break the cycle...' and stop buying NIB. I look at it as "where the hell did it become the norm to buy every title released NIB???"

Now I know all the arguments about keeping Stern afloat, etc... but how many of you are spending $6-$8k "so Stern will be around next year"??? You're buying the games for you.

At one point I could figure how some people had the notion that they thought they could buy games and sell them on for more money so they got to play AND made money. But that was a foolish idea that thankfully most have snapped out of that... so that shouldn't be it. So why is this still a topic? I'm still really confused by the whole mindset of "we buy every release..." and that NIB is the first choice when buying.

#264 9 years ago

Just for the record only 4 people have this on there want to own page here on pinside.....

#265 9 years ago

I prefer my game nib with warranty and delivered in original packaging . While you have Always bought second hand I have always prefer the later and happy to pay more for it.
Not good or bad just different buyers.

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not to mention the useless asteroids. Which I don't even care about that much, it's more of the principle of it. They're sitting there, hanging in your face, and more than a year after the game came out they're still useless lumps. It's a great visual metaphor for how much Stern cares.
The update had a lot of work done to it before it got broken again, maybe they'll make time to fix it and get it out there. They can do it while people bitching about how incomplete WWE is.

that's because you didn't get my Baked Potato mod. I bought your mods, you should have bought mine.

#267 9 years ago

Yeah it survived for decades as a secondary market when Bally was selling 25k pins to operators.

We all know the story and what happened.

I think Stern said the HUO market now makes up about half of their sales depending on the pin.

Things have changed. A LOT

#268 9 years ago

I love wrestling. I love the theme. I just would of preferred that they use stylized art / caricatures of the wrestlers instead of real clip art photos. Like Dirty Donny did on Metallica. Stylized art stands the test of time and just looks better IMO.

roddy piper.jpgroddy piper.jpg
#269 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah it survived for decades as a secondary market when Bally was selling 25k pins to operators.
We all know the story and what happened.
I think Stern said the HUO market now makes up about half of their sales depending on the pin.
Things have changed. A LOT

So you are buying NIB because you want to donate to Stern's cause? You're buying more games because you are motivated in expanding Stern's revenues?

The secondary market still exists - its not like the shift to NIB is because its the only place to get them. This is driven by individual buyers who need to learn the hard way it seems.

#270 9 years ago

wrestlemania is not something i would buy PERIOD. however i really like star trek and the wife and i have discussed it, $5K is just too much for a pin. my whole entire collection is probably around $7-8K and i have 5 pins. there are so many great pins on the secondary market it makes no finicial sense for me to buy NIB. not when i can have greatest hits games like high speed, firepower, and bride of pinbot and pay less then the price of a single NIB. for my next pin im going to do a trade for Jurassic park. a great game for less then 3k

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Best wrestler EVER!!!!!!.....Baron Von Raschke and the "CLAW".......

THAT IS ALL THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW!

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I love wrestling. I love the theme. I just would of preferred that they use stylized art / caricatures of the wrestlers instead of real clip art photos. Like Dirty Donny did on Metallica. Stylized art stands the test of time and just looks better IMO.

roddy piper.jpg 58 KB

I wonder if they wanted to but WWE wanted the real people.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The secondary market still exists - its not like the shift to NIB is because its the only place to get them. This is driven by individual buyers who need to learn the hard way it seems.

My point exactly. Kind of what the whole thread is about. Common sense isn't it?

#274 9 years ago

Not in a Million years.

#275 9 years ago

The code issues with past titles have me sitting on the bench with this one. I like the theme. Wrestlemania is a great license and the new tech looks cool. The fear over the code worries me. My ST sitting with incomplete code worries me more.

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The code issues with past titles have me sitting on the bench with this one. I like the theme. Wrestlemania is a great license and the new tech looks cool. The fear over the code worries me. My ST sitting with incomplete code worries me more.

...and ST has such potential to be such a great pin, top 5 in my mind!!! wait a second, that's why I paid 8k for it...

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I "like" the theme too Tiger, we will play it on location but not buy it because

1. You haven't waited until the code is complete, if ever, (see ST in your house)

2. Play it first.

If any of that makes any sense then don't buy NIB right?

And I might want you too to for when i come to Lake Charles to gamble.

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

...and ST has such potential to be such a great pin, top 5 in my mind!!! wait a second, that's why I paid 8k for it...

Carmelo Anthony had great potential. Just a loser that will never win a championship, talented, but a loser nonetheless. And I've seen it first hand with Carmelo and ST

#279 9 years ago

No chance of me buying WWE. My plans were to buy a TWD Premium in the spring, but if a new VE comes out like Tron or LOTR I could be persuaded in that direction. I hate moving/unboxing pins in the winter. Too fricken cold.

Rob

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

roddy piper.jpg 58 KB

That dude lives in Portland, he shows up to cage matches here and there
(As a celebrity spectators not fighter)

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I "like" the theme too Tiger, we will play it on location but not buy it because
1. You haven't waited until the code is complete, if ever, (see ST in your house)
2. Play it first.
If any of that makes any sense then don't buy NIB right?

No, just don't buy when a game is first released. I bought AC/DC NIB a year plus after it was released.

There is this mad rush to buy a game because either
- people have to have it now!
or
- they think the game won't be available otherwise
or
- they think the price will be through the roof because every game climbs in value

The later points Stern has shown time and time again that games will be made if there is demand. Availability of titles NIB besides LEs has not been an issue.

You don't have to give up NIB... but you could certainly give up the ordering in the first month and instead wait to see the game develop before buying.

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Carmelo Anthony had great potential. Just a loser that will never win a championship, talented, but a loser nonetheless. And I've seen it first hand with Carmelo and ST

ummm, nooo, not even close...

#283 9 years ago

Seth is so happy this thread exists......

seth.gifseth.gif

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't have to give up NIB... but you could certainly give up the ordering in the first month and instead wait to see the game develop before buying.

This!

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

- people have to have it now!
or
- they think the game won't be available otherwise
or
- they think the price will be through the roof because every game climbs in value

1. is a self control issue.

2. there will always be enough because premiums will exist. There is no pin out there you can't get.

3. 2% of the new pins are more expensive than they were new. 98% have dropped in price after the release. So do you want to keep throwing money out the window because of impatience?

#287 9 years ago

Yes
Yes
Yes

#288 9 years ago

That's it

I'm gonna buy a fcking coconut pie tonight

#290 9 years ago

Out of room and have two games too many. Sick of unfinished software and honestly sort of over new pin purchases.

Let the newbs beta test games and I think I lost enough on nib pins that I am over the peachy feeling of unboxing a Stern.

Oh and I made similar posts like this ten times before on Pinside so can this be the last time I sign a petition or poll.

#291 9 years ago

Honestly, I stopped trusting Ubisoft and EA a couple years ago, but I really did believe in Destiny...up until I saw beta gameplay and realized it would never come close to what it promised. AAA for the past couple years has basically just meant "full of bugs, overhyped, but still mostly pretty to look at".

Also, have an upvote fellow redditor, and check out truegaming, the discussions are better.

#292 9 years ago

Man, that WWE LE is looking HOT....

Can't wait to play one...

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Judging by early returns on the theme, this pin is the perfect one to take a stand against rising prices and getting LESS in return. Don't buy this NIB!
Stern can censor their FB page by removing anything negative, NOT here.
It's time to start saying "Shut up and you CAN'T have my money"
Don't fall for the Hulk Hogan autograph that you buy for $2 on eBay.
1. Make them finish the Code
2. Play it first
3. Then if you love it buy it
It's time to BREAK the cycle, take the PLEDGE (Not referring to the Ops obviously)

Good thing no one took your "pledge" for WoZ (including yourself) or there'd be no JJP company....

or is this one of those "do as I say, not as I do" thangs....

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Good thing no one took your "pledge" for WoZ (including yourself) or there'd be no JJP company....
or is this one of those "do as I say, not as I do" thangs....

That's the beauty of what has happened over the last 4 years since Woz was on the table, you live and learn hopefully!

I think the LE looks really cool, just not gonna buy it, love to play this one on location though

#295 9 years ago

I don't get all the hate on this game, or on any game you've yet to play. I'm not preordering it, but you all sound like bunch of whiners, complaining about the theme. All of us here have basements full of pins like whitewater, demolition Man, cirqus Voltaire, wizard of oz, ac/DC, Addams Family, shadow, no good gofers, etc. all great pins and are pins I've owned, but it's not like I'm a whitewater-raftin', Sylvester-Stallone-lovin', transvestite-adorin', yellow-brick-road-walkin', made-for-radio-cookie-cutter-geezer-rock-listenin', out-to-the-cemetery-gettin', crappy-movie-with-Alec-Baldwin-watchin', Caddyshack-wanna-be!

If we are pinball fans we buy games because the layout is interesting and because the rules make it fun. I don't know anybody who ever said, "Man, Addams Family is like the best movie ever." Do you? Heck no. And the game is the best selling of all time for a whole host of factors, none of which are because us twenty-somethings had Raul Julia posters on our bedroom walls.

It's like all this sudden talk about how Mustang might be a cool game (that many didn't buy because they aren't car guys), while all of us silently hope that the price tanks because of the theme so we can snap it up cheap to enjoy a fun game. He'll, there have to be tons of pin owners who have movie themed pins who have never even seen that particular movie.

Here's a novel idea - play the game and see if you like the game play as it is integrated with the theme. Then judge it.

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

As per usual, right-wing rhetoric is never checked at Pinside.

Hypocrisy at Pinside? This thread is a primer. Lol.

#297 9 years ago

Once Bruno Sammartino retired I lost interest in wrestling!

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I don't get all the hate on this game, or on any game you've yet to play. I'm not preordering it, but you all sound like bunch of whiners, complaining about the theme. All of us here have basements full of pins like whitewater, Demolition Man, Cirqus Voltaire, wizard of oz, ac/DC, Addams Family, Shadow, No Good Gofers, etc. all great pins and are pins I've owned, but it's not like I'm a whitewater-raftin', Sylvester-Stallone-lovin', transvestite-adorin', yellow-brick-road-walkin', made-for-radio-cookie-cutter-geezer-rock-listenin', out-to-the-cemetery-gettin', crappy-movie-with-Alec-Baldwin-watchin', Caddyshack-wanna-be!
If we are pinball fans we buy games because the layout is interesting and because the rules make it fun. I don't know anybody who ever said, "Man, Addams Family is like the best movie ever." Do you? Heck no. And the game is the best selling of all time for a whole host of factors, none of which are because us twenty-somethings had Raul Julia posters on our bedroom walls.
It's like all this sudden talk about how Mustang might be a cool game (that many didn't buy because they aren't car guys), while all of us silently hope that the price tanks because of the theme so we can snap it up cheap to enjoy a fun game. He'll, there have to be tons of pin owners who have movie themed pins who have never even seen that particular movie.
Here's a novel idea - play the game and see if you like the game play as it is integrated with the theme. Then judge it.

I don't think it's hate for the game at all. Has nothing to do with the game. Could be anything. Should have been the last 4 games. It's the fact that prices are going from Stupid, to complete stupidity for an unfinished product that can take it's sweet ass time getting up to speed. If it ever does. Some never got there and left at the roadside dead in the water. Plus, the bugs get worked out, from design flaws, to bad boards and other issues right out of the gate.

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't think it's hate for the game at all. Has nothing to do with the game. Could be anything. Should have been the last 4 games. It's the fact that prices are going from Stupid, to complete stupidity for an unfinished product that can take it's sweet ass time getting up to speed. If it ever does. Some never got there and left at the roadside dead in the water. Plus, the bugs get worked out, from design flaws, to bad boards and other issues right out of the gate.

Neo - Those are all legit complaints. Agree on those fronts.

#300 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Neo is 100% correct. The intent of this thread is not to bash the latest Stern game. It is to remind people that pre-ordering a game from Stern is akin to supporting their practice of giving us incomplete games with buggy code. Forget that we are talking about Wrestlemania. The actual title is unimportant for the purposes of this discussion. This could have been the most fun game ever built with the best theme in the history of the world, and I would still advocate against pre-ordering it. At the end of the day, the only way Stern will change their ways is if we as a community band together and wait until the games are finished before buying them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/take-the-pledgedont-buy-wwe-nib/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.