tommy-flanagan.jpg
image.jpg
da claw.jpg
image.jpg
th.jpeg
programmers.jpg
image.jpg
The Craw.jpg

There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 7 years ago

Judging by early returns on the theme, this pin is the perfect one to take a stand against rising prices and getting LESS in return. Don't buy this NIB!

Stern can censor their FB page by removing anything negative, NOT here.

It's time to start saying "Shut up and you CAN'T have my money"

Don't fall for the Hulk Hogan autograph that you buy for $2 on eBay.

1. Make them finish the Code
2. Play it first
3. Then if you love it buy it

It's time to BREAK the cycle, take the PLEDGE (Not referring to the Ops obviously)

#2 7 years ago

Care to tell me what I'm having for lunch tomorrow?

#3 7 years ago

Couldn't agree more. Wait for the game, play it, wait for COMPLETE code, then consider buying.

#4 7 years ago

Iceman,
Taking the politically correct route as usual! lol

#5 7 years ago

I won't buy one

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Iceman,
Taking the politically correct route as usual! lol

Nope, just taking my own advice and waiting for this announcement to get my pound of flesh/two cents in.

Where is the "premium", oh yeah, I'm sure the Baron Von Raschke special edition auto version is coming too, after the 400 LE's are sold, NOT!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#8 7 years ago

Pretty easy title to back off on. I would need to play this game many times and be sooooo amazed before I would buy it anyway. I think it will just work out this way regardless.

#9 7 years ago

Totally agree on play it first, but a metal ramp pin for under 5k, I'm taking a stand against Stern?

#10 7 years ago

Ok I pledge. This is actually easy, I own a STLE ( wheres the finish code?). Also the last time I gave a shit about wrestling ,Bob Backlund had the title. For you young uns he's the same age as Paul McCartney....Never mind.

#11 7 years ago

Baron Von Raschke FTW!

#12 7 years ago

Actually the sad thing is this pin sets a good bar of what you should get in a pro. Metal ramps, LEDs , improved sound and a cool upper play field. I hope this continues.
Met roped us in and they they took it back again. Guess we shall see in 6 months

#13 7 years ago

I'm thinking this will not sell well

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Ok I pledge. This is actually easy, I own a STLE ( wheres the finish code?). Also the last time I gave a shit about wrestling ,Bob Backlund had the title. For you young uns he's the same age as Paul McCartney....Never mind.

So 1994?

#15 7 years ago

I will make the stand with you. I think it is a good cause.

Honestly I have not cared about wrestling for 20 years. The title does look cool but it is said time and time again. Complete code, good features and a price that does not empty the bank.

I have noticed features but price and code

Guess if I had a money tree in the back yard I would own every last title ever made but I have yet to plant that tree.....

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Actually the sad thing is this pin sets a good bar of what you should get in a pro. Metal ramps, LEDs , improved sound and a cool upper play field. I hope this continues.

Pegs and no spinners, where are the F ing spinners! Light show?

Come on, for the $$$ the PRO blows. And I said for the $$$. No going to back to the Met days.

#17 7 years ago

I am frusterated with STLE.
Extra features with 0 code.
I pledge not to buy this title and future nib titles until Stern cleans their act up.

#18 7 years ago

I wouldn't buy one as I'm not that big on wrasslin' (although I'm betting this game will be a fun one to play). However, I'd imagine if you were a big fan you'd really want an LE due to the extras and retro theme. I'm expecting those to go fast, we'll see...

#19 7 years ago

It's easy for anyone to crap on a theme that is unpopular. Complete code and playfield layout should determine how good a title is. RBION has to be one of the worst themes out there, but the pin is fantastic.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm thinking this will not sell well

It won't "sell well" if people finally take a stand and don't buy until they play it and Stern starts finishing code the right way.

It's a new day, new year, time to make a change!

Buy AFTER complete code and you've played it.

Btw Dispinballer, you need to change your rating system. You give Twd a 2.0 and ST a 10 along with POTC and other shit?

#21 7 years ago

I don't really have an issue with people buying NIB for a pin (someone has to do it). And if it is a great/ideal theme for them, who are we to stop them. Stern is proven and they are already in production on WM. The preorder on unproven new pinball companies are what give me the hibbie jibbies.

Disclaimer: I don't consider JJP in that unproven category as they have proven that they can design, ship, and support a solid pin.

#22 7 years ago

The last time I watched wrestling was with my grandmother, she loved Gorgeous George and got pissed when I told her I thought it was fake and kinda fruity.
I can easily pass on this one, not into the Oily Boys.

#23 7 years ago

I took the pledge never to buy another NIB Stern ages ago.

#24 7 years ago

I was on the fence, but after seeing this thread I'm going to place my order with JJ tomorrow for the pro.

#25 7 years ago

Go sell your TWDLE while you are at it ICE! That games code is not even close to done.

#26 7 years ago

I pledge not to buy this game. This is right up there with me pledging to not stick my head in my oven.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I pledge not to buy this game. This is right up there with me pledging to not stick my head in my oven.

Same, easy for me to pass this one by. Though I almost pulled the trigger on TWD (but didn't). I really wonder how the SPIKE system will effect VE pins? I think it should be great for new pins though.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Baron Von Raschke FTW!

Best wrestler EVER!!!!!!.....Baron Von Raschke and the "CLAW".......

#30 7 years ago

I can't see how they won't actually lose on this pin just from this sites early thumbs down results. They are already in for design and prototype costs. I would be completely shocked if this sold more than mustang.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Same, easy for me to pass this one by. Though I almost pulled the trigger on TWD (but didn't). I really wonder how the SPIKE system will effect VE pins? I think it should be great for new pins though.

I passed on TWD as well (a lot had to do with not including characters from the show). I'm also kind of past the "must have it now" phase. There are so many games out there already to choose from, I'm not rushing to buy new games anymore.

#32 7 years ago

Iceman44 , Typically agree with everything you say but in this case. Uhmmm? I have liked all of the new stern's even with initial software so for me I am not feeling your "gripe"....I understand it but not quite getting to the top where I hold the "line"....

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Best wrestler EVER!!!!!!.....Baron Von Raschke and the "CLAW".......

Not Craw...CRAW!

The Craw.jpg

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I was on the fence, but after seeing this thread I'm going to place my order with JJ tomorrow for the pro.

I'm going to call tomorrow about the price, this will be great on route for kids.

#36 7 years ago

Sammiesguy nailed it . We are all passed the must have it phase. We have been talking about space getting tight and now every detail matters. No ones lining up anymore. More so games need theme and features to win that spot now. This game will feel it.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Sammiesguy nailed it . We are all passed the must have it phase. We have been talking about space getting tight and now every detail matters. No ones lining up anymore. More so games need theme and features to win that spot now. This game will feel it.

Absolutely great theme to get Kids to play pinball. Completely disagree.

#38 7 years ago

There has to be better titles than this for Stern to make. Blah. Anyone excited at all??? From a future non-buyer!

#39 7 years ago

I've already gone on record saying that I will never pre-order another Stern. I have no interest whatsoever in this game, but even if it was a theme I loved, I still wouldn't order one. I had to get burned several times, but I've finally seen the light.

#40 7 years ago

"Absolutely great theme to get Kids to play pinball. Completely disagree."

So are you buying a pro or le ?

#41 7 years ago

Still shocked at how many people think selling games with unfinished code is perfectly fine.

#42 7 years ago

I would absolutely buy one if I was routing pins or still selling retail. Probably more like 7-9. Not personally. I think there is a high demand for this but hard to tell. I have already had 3 people ask me about the game today unsolicited. Have not been in the business for the last 7 years. Amazing to me.

#43 7 years ago

I'm really stoked to play this game on location...
Blind buy I'm out. But again im eager to play it and if the game play is great I could buy one AFTER it has some code...looking at you TWD

#44 7 years ago

You wont have to worry about me buying new or used...Yuk

#45 7 years ago

I'm not buying a new Stern until they fix Sts code and make it great?

Unless they make a Lotr VE at for $5k then I'm in.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Absolutely great theme to get Kids to play pinball. Completely disagree.

I agree, let the operators take ALL the risk.

I've tried a ton of pins in my house with my kids and asking them to play on location, and I guarantee to you or anybody, there is no pin of any theme that will get Kids to play pinball, sorry, not gonna happen.

Phones, video games, instant gratification, its all over for the younger generation and pinball, especially as Stern builds it.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

take a stand against rising prices

but they lowered MSRP by $500 from the prior game... Derp.

#49 7 years ago

Scout's honor. I won't be buying this pin. I can barely look at the garish PF.

#50 7 years ago

Not buying an nib Stern till they show consistency in finishing code in a timely manner. Doesn't matter what the theme is.

There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside