Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by tennbjj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3703 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3705 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3706 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3707 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3704 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3711 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3712 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3714 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3715 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

When I was growing up, our local mall had an arcade called Take Ten. I spent all my time there and all my money. So much so, the guy who ran it, Tommy, took a shinning to me and taught me tricks to get free games and such. Later he began to teach me how to fix the games as well, as I showed a real interest and had a knack for it. Now, 30 years later, I own Randy's Pinball Repair! A little over a year ago, I got a call asking if I wanted to buy an Elvira Pin, turned out it was from that arcade and was one I had worked on in the past! So I bought it to restore it.

I have spent years trying to find anyone who has pictures of the arcade from back then, but so far no luck locally. So I am reaching out here as well. Does anyone have any pictures of that arcade in Foothills Mall?

1 month later
    3 weeks later
    #4 1 year ago

I will bump this topic for all of eternity. I know SOMEONE out there in this wide world, has pictures of this place! I tried again, to get the mall to at least let me go through their storage archives, but no go.

4 weeks later
    5 months later
    #6 11 months ago

Hi Randy. I don’t have pictures, but I did spend a lot of my parent’s money in Take Ten back in the day. I remember playing Elvira there also. I was googling for info on Take Ten and this was the first result so I hope that someone eventually comes along with pics. I can still picture the place in my mind, on the Sears end of the mall in between the pet store and KB Toys, across from Radio Shack. The newest game was usually front and center so that it could be seen when walking by. Claw machines on the left next to the coin change machine. They were always refreshing the video game lineup and locations. I remember pinball being about mid way thru on the right side and skee ball in the back right corner. The left back corner was the half door where the attendant hung out and you could let them know if a machine took your quarter…haha.

1 month later
    #7 10 months ago

Pindiddy you definitely know the place! I just finished the restoration on the Elvira today.

IMG_3703 (resized).jpegIMG_3703 (resized).jpegIMG_3704 (resized).jpegIMG_3704 (resized).jpegIMG_3705 (resized).jpegIMG_3705 (resized).jpegIMG_3706 (resized).jpegIMG_3706 (resized).jpegIMG_3707 (resized).jpegIMG_3707 (resized).jpegIMG_3711 (resized).jpegIMG_3711 (resized).jpegIMG_3712 (resized).jpegIMG_3712 (resized).jpegIMG_3714 (resized).jpegIMG_3714 (resized).jpegIMG_3715 (resized).jpegIMG_3715 (resized).jpegIMG_3716 (resized).jpegIMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
    #8 10 months ago

I just replied to your FB post and then came here to see if you had ever seen my reply here. I will be in Maryville in a few weeks and would love to visit your shop if you are open to visitors.

#9 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pindiddy:

I just replied to your FB post and then came here to see if you had ever seen my reply here. I will be in Maryville in a few weeks and would love to visit your shop if you are open to visitors.

Absolutely! I am right off of 411. Just give me a shout at 865-266-0600

#10 10 months ago

Will do!

4 months later
    #11 5 months ago

Randy - I worked at Take Ten from 1996-1998 while in college. I will see if I can dig up some old photos for you. I remember Tommy very well and also a guy named Bruce who worked there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/take-ten-in-maryville-tn-in-the-80-s-90-s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.