(Topic ID: 147985)

Taito pinball machines - a standard body version of flight 2000 (among others)

By ForceFlow

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by kerokero
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 8 years ago

Funny Forceflow. I was looking at these today too. Spent about 2-3 hours just clicking on Brazilian websites. It started with amendes thread on that funny looking CV and I thought maybe amendes could help me import some. Here's what I found...

After amendes thread I started looking on that Mercado Livre site which seemed like a Brazilian CL. I bookmarked a pinball search and thought I might start listing some in the SS for sale thread.
    http://lista.mercadolivre.com.br/pinball#D[A:pinball-]

This site seemed to have a bunch of schematics and technical stuff. I didn't dive fully into it yet but it was one I bookmarked.
    http://www.tabalabs.com.br/pinball/esquemas.htm

This site had a listing of all of the pins made by Spanish companies and had some flyers which I thought about putting on IPDB. This didn't have anything to do with Taito but a pin Vid showed me was Terrific Lake, which I think looks so awesome, and this site had a flyer.
    http://www.tecnopinball.org/doc_biblioteca.php

A Spanish arcade forum. Again looking for info on Terrific Lake.
    http://www.retrovicio.org/contacta-nosotros

This was a site I found that seemed to sell parts for Taito machines. They had a "sell machines" category but nothing in it yet. I thought it may be interesting to contact them to see how easy it would be ship a machine.
    http://www.jswpinball.com/

A Brazilian pinball forum
    http://www.pinballbrasil.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

This was a site dedicated to Jose Batalha. He worked for Taito for 35 years.
    http://www.pinballgames.com.br/

An interesting article on the origins of Taito de Brasil. It has some really cool pictures including flyers.
    http://augustocampos.net/taito-brasil/

#33 8 years ago

I love these foreign machines that no one in the U.S. knows exists. I'd love more info on Sega machines from the 60s and 70s but that seems harder to come by.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nice detective work

If you ever make any connections that might yield some cool games, hit me up. I may be in for a Titan or Mr. Black.

#39 8 years ago

So I punched in some numbers on UPS.com to see what the cost of shipping would be. I may have done it wrong but shipping cost was $8,334.27 to Indiana. Probably not going to do that.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I got a friend who's got an office that handles some import/export stuff at Rio's pier docks..... Not sure what he does exactly, but I'll find out!

You may start a new side business exporting pinball machines. Do you know anything about JSW Pinball? Their website was English as well as Portuguese and it stated they may even start making new machines. Thanks for all the info

The sound quality didn't seem real great but I like hearing the original different sounds that those machines make. Mr. Black has a nice creepy tune in the background.

#86 8 years ago

I didn't look at the LTD machines but I like the Star Wars knockoff called Force.

image-4_(resized).jpgimage-4_(resized).jpg

#87 8 years ago

Here's a cool flyer

catalogo-taito-brasil-650px-72214_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-brasil-650px-72214_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-4a-10190_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-4a-10190_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-2a-84915_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-2a-84915_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-3a-53968_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-3a-53968_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-1a-11664_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-1a-11664_(resized).jpg

#88 8 years ago

Here's an article on pinballs in Brazil.

https://historiadosgames.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/%E2%80%9Cdo-atari-ao-zeebo-a-historia-dos-videogames-no-brasil%E2%80%9D-2/

An interesting quote with a bad google translation,

"However, import taxes on machinery soared from 30 to 70%, then to 120% and reaching 220% before they have a totally banned imports in 1976.

Taxes and a ban on imports in Brazil caused the Taito, that this time it was considered the largest manufacturer in the world machines, make a new plan for the business in Brazil: the company would manufacture their own machines in the country. "

#97 8 years ago

I was thinking if I bought one, I might buy two. One in good condition and one parts machine if it's available.

#101 8 years ago

Well it looks like we could fill a container. Who's gonna take a trip to Brazil?

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rillo:

I m Brazilian and I know very well few people from The pinball clube Brasil. All the boards on those games do not have schematics and in Brasil is only couple people that know how to work on those boards. All the parts where made in Brasil. Taito copied the way the playfield where cut from the USA games and Taito had only one or two games licensed to make in Brasil that was Meteor and Fast Draw that was never released. I re imported lots games from Brasil and if you don't know some one that have influence with customs you will pay big bucks for fees to be released. I gave up the last time I reimport my last 4 games the Brazilian customs want the paperwork from the games went they where entered in Brasil from 1996 and I didt have it and had to pay $1k under the table for them to released the games otherwise I was told the games where going to be auction out and I was going to loose all. You never know what can happen. Is kind risk.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

That's an awesome story.

2 months later
    #141 8 years ago
    Quoted from doghouse:

His name is Marcio, he's lived here in the USA for over 20 years, but goes back to Brazil once a year to visit family. The good thing is that he owns a house over there with a large garage, so we can collect games and store them there until we have enough for a container.
    Definitely would appreciate any help you can provide! If you PM me your telephone number and email I'll put you guys together before he travels. He'll mainly be in Belo Horizonte, but he'll be traveling to Sao Paulo on this mission. Also, any leads on machines would be great between now and June.

Count me in if you get some games together. I would prefer original themes but some of the knock-offs are cool too.

#145 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rillo:

For $2000 oh man that is so cheap I would like to have two of those. Mendes is $2000 the price of the games from Brazil to US? Is there other fees involve?

I don't think $2k covers shipping.

#152 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rillo:

My Polar Explorer and my Pinball Champ same game, different art rules set. I might bring to Expo this year.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Very cool.

#155 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I actually dislike a lot (hate is a such a strong word) taito pinball machines... So poorly built, and as I've said before in this very same thread, the music and sounds are absolutely awful (go to youtube and check it out). Obviously I've had plenty of chances of adding taito pins to my collection, but the maintenance issues are enormous!!!!

I figured as much in reference to the build quality and required maintenance. I'm a fan of old video games and pinball machines so the sounds wouldn't bother me as much. Some of the sounds are neat like Mr. Black or Titan. While watching vids of Taito machines I found this vid from the 80s.

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You're looking at a completely re-done machine!
    PS: I'm not here to putting taito machines down, but it's just not my cup of tea..... try comparing (as for example, there are many others), Taito's Zarza sounds with Bally's Xenon and you'll see what I'm tallking about.....

When comparing machines, sure, the sounds are the best. People like to compare machines that came out at the same time frame and that makes sense as well. But for people who weren't there when these machines were released, it's easier for us to judge a game on it's own merits rather than compare it to better machines. Knockoffs, generally, aren't better than the games they are replicating but I think they are still interesting. Space Invaders knockoffs come to mind as something that isn't better but interesting to see.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taito-pinball-machines-a-standard-body-version-of-flight-2000?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.