(Topic ID: 147985)

Taito pinball machines - a standard body version of flight 2000 (among others)

By ForceFlow

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by kerokero
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 8 years ago

That Polar Explorer is sweet!

#152 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rillo:

My Polar Explorer and my Pinball Champ same game, different art rules set. I might bring to Expo this year.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Very cool.

#153 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't think $2k covers shipping.

You're absolutely correct. What pinsider amarildo failed to notice is that's an ad posted in a brazilian website for brazilian people. My post was just a tease. Not my ad, not my machine, I don't even know the seller.

#154 8 years ago

I actually dislike a lot (hate is a such a strong word) taito pinball machines... So poorly built, and as I've said before in this very same thread, the music and sounds are absolutely awful (go to youtube and check it out). Obviously I've had plenty of chances of adding taito pins to my collection, but the maintenance issues are enormous!!!!

#155 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I actually dislike a lot (hate is a such a strong word) taito pinball machines... So poorly built, and as I've said before in this very same thread, the music and sounds are absolutely awful (go to youtube and check it out). Obviously I've had plenty of chances of adding taito pins to my collection, but the maintenance issues are enormous!!!!

I figured as much in reference to the build quality and required maintenance. I'm a fan of old video games and pinball machines so the sounds wouldn't bother me as much. Some of the sounds are neat like Mr. Black or Titan. While watching vids of Taito machines I found this vid from the 80s.

#156 8 years ago

I don't think is poorly build. Also any pinball maintenance is complex if you not familiar with it. I have friends in the Rio clube and São Paulo clube pinball that always help me with any problems. Also my friend developed an new board that works on Taito games like the Altek ones that we have in US. I m just happy with what I got it and also the sound is like any other from 1980's pin.

#157 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rillo:

I don't think is poorly build. Also any pinball maintenance is complex if you not familiar with it. I have friends in the Rio clube and São Paulo clube pinball that always help me with any problems. Also my friend developed an new board that works on Taito games like the Altek ones that we have in US. I m just happy with what I got it and also the sound is like any other from 1980's pin.

Glad you posted those pictures of the playfield assemblies. Interesting how they did things. Looks well built to me. Plus, each coil has a fuseholder next to it. Those flipper assemblies look like oversized Stern generation 2 units and could easily be replaced with Williams system 11 assemblies if need be.

Any pictures of the inside of the coin door and the interior of the backbox showing the board sets?

By chance do these machines use standard 21 x 43 pinball playfield glass?

#158 8 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Glad you posted those pictures of the playfield assemblies. Interesting how they did things. Looks well built to me. Plus, each coil has a fuseholder next to it. Those flipper assemblies look like oversized Stern generation 2 units and could easily be replaced with Williams system 11 assemblies if need be.
    Any pictures of the inside of the coin door and the interior of the backbox showing the board sets?
    By chance do these machines use standard 21 x 43 pinball playfield glass?

You're looking at a completely re-done machine!

PS: I'm not here to putting taito machines down, but it's just not my cup of tea..... try comparing (as for example, there are many others), Taito's Zarza sounds with Bally's Xenon and you'll see what I'm tallking about.....

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You're looking at a completely re-done machine!
    PS: I'm not here to putting taito machines down, but it's just not my cup of tea..... try comparing (as for example, there are many others), Taito's Zarza sounds with Bally's Xenon and you'll see what I'm tallking about.....

When comparing machines, sure, the sounds are the best. People like to compare machines that came out at the same time frame and that makes sense as well. But for people who weren't there when these machines were released, it's easier for us to judge a game on it's own merits rather than compare it to better machines. Knockoffs, generally, aren't better than the games they are replicating but I think they are still interesting. Space Invaders knockoffs come to mind as something that isn't better but interesting to see.

#160 8 years ago

The picture that I sent to you guys is my Polar and looks like new because I paid to be restored. That's why looks like new.

#161 8 years ago

Here are the boards.

#162 8 years ago

I need to own a taito. who wants to sell me a mephisto?

#163 8 years ago

Neo, Rillo here, I will have you over sometime and you can check it out.

#164 8 years ago

i'd love to come over and check out some taito love.

2 months later
    #165 7 years ago

I m thinking about selling my Polar Explorer, the only one in the US, looks very nice everything works. Playfield super nice you can see the pics under the playfield on the previous post Asking $3200 or open for trades. Donation to pinside will be made if get sold. Tnx for looking!!!

1 week later
    #166 7 years ago
    Quoted from doghouse:

His name is Marcio, he's lived here in the USA for over 20 years, but goes back to Brazil once a year to visit family. The good thing is that he owns a house over there with a large garage, so we can collect games and store them there until we have enough for a container.
    Definitely would appreciate any help you can provide! If you PM me your telephone number and email I'll put you guys together before he travels. He'll mainly be in Belo Horizonte, but he'll be traveling to Sao Paulo on this mission. Also, any leads on machines would be great between now and June.

OK, gents-- my Brazilian buddy is leaving this weekend for Brazil for a month's vacation. His mission is to try and make some contacts and buy some Taito machines for me to import. He has a place in Belo Horizonte to store the machines until we get together enough for a container. We both have extensive experience with export/import, and have dealt before with the insane world of Brazilian customs-- so we are prepared for the obstacles. If there are any Brazilian friends here that wish to help him, please PM me with your cell phone numbers and I'll have him give you a call when he arrives.

#167 7 years ago

If I'm able to locate a Mr. Black in a timely manner, i would love to talk with you about potentially hitching a ride back for it in your container:

(shameless plug)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-taito-mr-black-help-findingshipping-one

#168 7 years ago

I would pay handsomely for a Spooky. It's just about the only game I'm looking to add to my collection at this point. Such a shame they made so few of them.

#169 7 years ago

Spooky is a Zaccaria, made in Italy. Great game. I imported mine from France a few years ago.

#170 7 years ago

Hope you find a Shark!

2 months later
    #171 7 years ago

So.... did anyone manage to send taito machines to usa? I finally had a very good conversation with my buddy who works with import/export here in Rio, and we're seeing a light at the end of the tunnel....

#172 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I would pay handsomely for a Spooky. It's just about the only game I'm looking to add to my collection at this point. Such a shame they made so few of them.

there was a pretty sweet one at MGC this year.

#173 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So.... did anyone manage to send taito machines to usa?

Not that I've heard

#174 7 years ago

amarildo knows about importing from brazil. He has 3 taitos.

#175 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

amarildo knows about importing from brazil. He has 3 taitos.

Yes, he brought them with him when he moved abroad.

#176 7 years ago

but he knows about the procedures on how to get games out of brazil. It's a PIA and lots of paperwork. They do not like to export anything.

#177 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but he knows about the procedures on how to get games out of brazil. It's a PIA and lots of paperwork. They do not like to export anything.

I'm not saying it's easy, but my buddy will help me out when/if I need!

And... I'm also playing with the thoughts of selling my own machines...

#178 7 years ago

Didn't have much luck on or off pinside with my own brief attempt to locate a Mr. Black to purchase. Never even made it around to the "figuring out how to ship it" part.

#179 7 years ago

Mr Black is very rare indeed... Not many were produced, I guess....

#180 7 years ago

Just want a Shark

#181 7 years ago

Really rad, i'd love a Cavaleiro Negro/Black Knight!

#182 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Mr Black is very rare indeed... Not many were produced, I guess....

Yeah, so I've discovered. Someone said they made even fewer of those than of Defender. That really sucks though because i love the look of it. The creepiest machine I've ever seen...well, aside from Punchy the Clown anyway.

#183 7 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Yeah, so I've discovered. Someone said they made even fewer of those than of Defender. That really sucks though because i love the look of it. The creepiest machine I've ever seen...well, aside from Punchy the Clown anyway.

there are a lot of machines a lot less than punchy the clown. Hell, 4 of my machines have production runs less than punchy. half as much or less.

#184 7 years ago

Don't know anything about its run, i just meant i found Punchy to be creepy looking...
    Ha, just noticed theres actually one for sale nearby. Would be fun to get just to freak out my wife

4 months later
    #185 7 years ago
    Quoted from doghouse:

My Brazilian buddy is headed back for a one month vacation in June. We are going to try to get enough machines together to make a container. If you are serious about acquiring one or more Taitos, please PM me. The Brazilian REAL (their dollar) is 3.99 to our 1.0 right now, so it may be a good time to buy.

Just wondering if this initiative went anywhere...

1 month later
    #187 7 years ago

1 year later
    #188 5 years ago

I came across this series of videos on Red Bull's website on the history of videogaming in Brazil. There's some coverage of Taito's pinball manufacturing included:

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/the-history-of-video-games-in-brazil

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taito-pinball-machines-a-standard-body-version-of-flight-2000/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.