(Topic ID: 147985)

Taito pinball machines - a standard body version of flight 2000 (among others)

By ForceFlow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by kerokero
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 6 years ago

Well it looks like we could fill a container. Who's gonna take a trip to Brazil?

#102 6 years ago

I m Brazilian and I know very well few people from The pinball clube Brasil. All the boards on those games do not have schematics and in Brasil is only couple people that know how to work on those boards. All the parts where made in Brasil. Taito copied the way the playfield where cut from the USA games and Taito had only one or two games licensed to make in Brasil that was Meteor and Fast Draw that was never released. I re imported lots games from Brasil and if you don't know some one that have influence with customs you will pay big bucks for fees to be released. I gave up the last time I reimport my last 4 games the Brazilian customs want the paperwork from the games went they where entered in Brasil from 1996 and I didt have it and had to pay $1k under the table for them to released the games otherwise I was told the games where going to be auction out and I was going to loose all. You never know what can happen. Is kind risk.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#103 6 years ago

Hey Amarildo, yeah, I realize how difficult it can be with customs everywhere, speacilly in Brazil..... so, are these machines with you at Rockford?

#104 6 years ago

Now yes, but was a lots hassle. Never do again. Almost lost all of my money.

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rillo:

Now yes, but was a lots hassle. Never do again. Almost lost all of my money.

Well that's disheartening

#106 6 years ago

Look at the bright side... We found taito pins in US soil!

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rillo:

I m Brazilian and I know very well few people from The pinball clube Brasil. All the boards on those games do not have schematics and in Brasil is only couple people that know how to work on those boards. All the parts where made in Brasil. Taito copied the way the playfield where cut from the USA games and Taito had only one or two games licensed to make in Brasil that was Meteor and Fast Draw that was never released. I re imported lots games from Brasil and if you don't know some one that have influence with customs you will pay big bucks for fees to be released. I gave up the last time I reimport my last 4 games the Brazilian customs want the paperwork from the games went they where entered in Brasil from 1996 and I didt have it and had to pay $1k under the table for them to released the games otherwise I was told the games where going to be auction out and I was going to loose all. You never know what can happen. Is kind risk.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

That's an awesome story.

#108 6 years ago

Interested in a few if the price is right!

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I didn't look at the LTD machines but I like the Star Wars knockoff called Force.
    image-4_(resized).jpg

Nice old artwork!

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5893&picno=55122&zoom=1

#110 6 years ago

Wow the ultimate Star Wars collectible. Art is cool. My colleco fonz Pinball pf layout looks more exciting though.

#112 6 years ago

I found a video of Polar Explorer.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

» YouTube video

Cool . Kinda sounds like R2D2.

#114 6 years ago

Neat stuff

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

» YouTube video

Compared to the other more musical Taito titles, I was expecting a little more pizzazz with the sounds. Oh well.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Compared to the other more musical Taito titles, I was expecting a little more pizzazz with the sounds. Oh well.

Dude... I just can't be fond of these sounds.... take for instance Taito's Sure Shot or LTD's Cowboy Eight Ball.... now, I'm not sure which one, but one plays "happy birthday to you", while the other actually plays some samba music?!?!?!?!... Absolutely disgusting....

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Titan (really badass) Made in USA if you want to reimport duty free.
    » YouTube video

About US$ 2K...

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-732783253-fliperama-taito-titan-frajola-pinball-_JM

#118 6 years ago

tyrydeqy_(resized).jpg

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I just stumbled across a video of a taito pinball machine and started looking into what they had produced.
    They had several knock-offs including gorgar, firepower, black knight, xenon, and a standard body version of flight 2000 (with a layout similar to centaur).

And here's your Flight 2000, or GEMINI 2000, which actually is a clone of Bally's Centaur - About US$ 1,8K:

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-732656911-fliperama-taito-gemini-2000-frajola-pinball-_JM

LTD's Columbia - the widebody rip-off of Flight 2000:

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5759&picno=65936&zoom=1

#120 6 years ago

I like that one - RALLY.

Rally_(resized).jpg

#121 6 years ago

Very interesting literature (if you got patience to translate), with lotsa nice pics:

http://augustocampos.net/taito-brasil/

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dude... I just can't be fond of these sounds.... take for instance Taito's Sure Shot or LTD's Cowboy Eight Ball.... now, I'm not sure which one, but one plays "happy birthday to you", while the other actually plays some samba music?!?!?!?!... Absolutely disgusting....

That's hilarious.

I haven't heard many of the others, but I don't mind the music for Mr Black. It's not great, but it's suitably creepy as befits the title. A little like HH, I guess.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

» YouTube video

looks like a copy of Zac. Pinball Champ. cooler art though.

#125 6 years ago

I would be happy with that Gemini 2000. While I like most of the Centaur art, it's not my favorite and the Centaur itself is the least favorite part of that. Paragon, to me, blows away the art of Centaur. Might be the derp look on the backglass that really does it in. The Centaur on the PF is much better though.

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

looks like a copy of Zac. Pinball Champ. cooler art though.

It is. It's a re-theme.

Quoted from shimoda:

Might be the derp look on the backglass that really does it in.

Lol, apt way to phase it

3 weeks later
    2 weeks later
    #128 6 years ago

Shark - that one's unique.... Original "Taito do Brasil" design (not a copycat like all the others)!

image-2_(resized).jpg

image-3_(resized).jpg

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I like that one - RALLY.

Rally_(resized).jpg

That playfield lay out looks a lot like Skateball.

#130 6 years ago

Holy mackerel that's some beautiful playfield art

#132 6 years ago

If you were thinking of standard version of flight 2k,why not look for a Gamatron kit?
    Just a thought.
    Mike

#133 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

That playfield lay out looks a lot like Skateball.

Pretty much the same...

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Shark - that one's unique.... Original "Taito do Brasil" design (not a copycat like all the others)!

image-2_(resized).jpgimage-3_(resized).jpg

Oh, this I want! Imagine one of these between Atlantis and Fathom...

#135 6 years ago
    #136 6 years ago

Let's get this group buy rolling

1 week later
    #137 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Let's get this group buy rolling

My Brazilian buddy is headed back for a one month vacation in June. We are going to try to get enough machines together to make a container. If you are serious about acquiring one or more Taitos, please PM me. The Brazilian REAL (their dollar) is 3.99 to our 1.0 right now, so it may be a good time to buy.

#138 6 years ago

Can I ask you his name? Maybe I know him and/or I can help....

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Can I ask you his name? Maybe I know him and/or I can help....

His name is Marcio, he's lived here in the USA for over 20 years, but goes back to Brazil once a year to visit family. The good thing is that he owns a house over there with a large garage, so we can collect games and store them there until we have enough for a container.

Definitely would appreciate any help you can provide! If you PM me your telephone number and email I'll put you guys together before he travels. He'll mainly be in Belo Horizonte, but he'll be traveling to Sao Paulo on this mission. Also, any leads on machines would be great between now and June.

3 weeks later
    #141 6 years ago
    Quoted from doghouse:

His name is Marcio, he's lived here in the USA for over 20 years, but goes back to Brazil once a year to visit family. The good thing is that he owns a house over there with a large garage, so we can collect games and store them there until we have enough for a container.
    Definitely would appreciate any help you can provide! If you PM me your telephone number and email I'll put you guys together before he travels. He'll mainly be in Belo Horizonte, but he'll be traveling to Sao Paulo on this mission. Also, any leads on machines would be great between now and June.

Count me in if you get some games together. I would prefer original themes but some of the knock-offs are cool too.

#142 6 years ago

That haunted hotel really trips my trigger!

#143 6 years ago

Shark is the bomb

Quoted from AlexSMendes:Shark - that one's unique.... Original "Taito do Brasil" design (not a copycat like all the others)!

#144 6 years ago

For $2000 oh man that is so cheap I would like to have two of those. Mendes is $2000 the price of the games from Brazil to US? Is there other fees involve?

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rillo:

For $2000 oh man that is so cheap I would like to have two of those. Mendes is $2000 the price of the games from Brazil to US? Is there other fees involve?

I don't think $2k covers shipping.

#146 6 years ago

That's why I m asking I bought games from Brasil before and cost me way more I got 3 Taito games and cost me 3200 a game.

#147 6 years ago

My Polar Explorer and my Pinball Champ same game, different art rules set. I might bring to Expo this year.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#148 6 years ago

I have it. Polar Explorer, Vortex, Shark.

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rillo:

have it. Polar Explorer, Vortex, Shark

want to sell me Shark?

#150 6 years ago

Not at this time.Sorry

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!