(Topic ID: 147985)

Taito pinball machines - a standard body version of flight 2000 (among others)

By ForceFlow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 188 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by kerokero
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

I asked about these Taito pins on RGP years back. Well, it was more of a "wanted to buy' post.
    I basically got the same response as it's on here. No one has one; no one has even seen one in the states. And this was coming from some heavy hitters on the scene.
    The only way to obtain one is importing.
    The one I really love to own is this Taito Polar Explorer.

image-7_(resized).jpg

That's one of the best Taito pins ever made!

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That's one of the best Taito pins ever made!

Ship me one!

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I can find them all

I'm pretty serious...depending on price per title I'm guessing we could get enough pinsiders to warrant a container shipment of games. I'm a sucker for oddball games.

Let us know what your import/export contact says.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I got a friend who's got an office that handles some import/export stuff at Rio's pier docks..... Not sure what he does exactly, but I'll find out!

You may start a new side business exporting pinball machines. Do you know anything about JSW Pinball? Their website was English as well as Portuguese and it stated they may even start making new machines. Thanks for all the info

The sound quality didn't seem real great but I like hearing the original different sounds that those machines make. Mr. Black has a nice creepy tune in the background.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video
    Ive always wanted one of these Haunted Hotel

Whoa, nice! Haunted Hotel has that multiple ball!

#56 6 years ago

Somebody find me a HAWKMAN!

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

3) You'll have a hard time trying to interact at the brazilian pinball forum, it's kinda abandoned and most of the guys don't speak english... In addition, unfortunately the pinball community here in brazil is not as tight and friendly as in the rest of the world....

Is the Pinball Club still going? I remember seeing pics of that some time ago.

#58 6 years ago

What I wonder, are those clone tables illegal knock-offs, or where they licenced in any way from Bally/Gottlieb?

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

I'm pretty serious...depending on price per title I'm guessing we could get enough pinsiders to warrant a container shipment of games. I'm a sucker for oddball games.

Me too....lol. I could be in on that.

#61 6 years ago

I love it! Buy the shirt that commemorate 40 years of Taito ripping off other peoples' designs!

#62 6 years ago

Since some of the Taito say "Made in USA" on them, who made them and where? Bally, Gottlieb, Stern, Williams or......?

Does anyone have a closeup picture of the flipper mechs?

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Since some of the Taito say "Made in USA" on them, who made them and where? Bally, Gottlieb, Stern, Williams or......?
    Does anyone have a closeup picture of the flipper mechs?

??? They were all made in Brazil!!! I don't remember the city now but the factory was located at the state of Sao Paulo.... Taito Brazil was the only subsidiary of Taito Japan ever to build pinball machines!

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

You may start a new side business exporting pinball machines. Do you know anything about JSW Pinball? Their website was English as well as Portuguese and it stated they may even start making new machines. Thanks for all the info
    The sound quality didn't seem real great but I like hearing the original different sounds that those machines make. Mr. Black has a nice creepy tune in the background.

Yeah, I know the owners.... one of them is the restorer that told me about the impossibilty to use Xenon sounds at Zarza.... they've got big plans for 2016, including building a whole new pinball game and brand new Taito replicas..... of what I know by now is that unfortunately these new machines won't come cheap, in the range of 4K to 5K dollars.....

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from SergioJ:

Is the Pinball Club still going? I remember seeing pics of that some time ago.

Yep, one in Rio and 2 in Sao Paulo!

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

??? They were all made in Brazil!!!

Does "Made in U.S.A." mean something different in Portuguese? Because in English, it means Made in United States of America.

This is from a pin called Titan (1982).

Made-in-USA_(resized).jpg

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

??? They were all made in Brazil!!! I don't remember the city now but the factory was located at the state of Sao Paulo.... Taito Brazil was the only subsidiary of Taito Japan ever to build pinball machines

look closely at the video of Titan posted by Vid ,you can clearly see it says made in U.S.A on the coin door of that one

#68 6 years ago

late hitting post

#69 6 years ago

they probably just meant the game they ripped off was made in the USA

#70 6 years ago

you guys have really cracked the code. In these illegal rip off games that little sticker that says Made in USA is a legal binding document!

#71 6 years ago

Vid1900 do you have any more pics of the "heavy metal"machine ?
    Very cool !

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Does "Made in U.S.A." mean something different in Portuguese? Because in English, it means Made in United States of America.
    This is from a pin called Titan (1982).
    Made-in-USA_(resized).jpg

Now you got me..... Never noticed it and I really don't know why is it.... I'll try to find out....

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from davjoszie:

they probably just meant the game they ripped off was made in the USA

hehe... maybe!

#74 6 years ago

If I can recall, I think the very first ones were imported as parts machines and reassembled in Brazil..... anyway, if there were ever that kind of deal or not I'm not sure, and now you guys got me curious.....

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

1) Mercado Livre is kinda like Craiglist.... it's too risky, you can never completely trust those listings.... I take a look at it now and then, but you have to know who's on the other side....
    2) Jose Batalha worked at Taito Brazil and after the company was closed he kept many, many machines and parts.... He then sold and restored many pins, but died a couple of years ago. I heard that the stuff he still kept was lost (thrown away by his family)
    3) You'll have a hard time trying to interact at the brazilian pinball forum, it's kinda abandoned and most of the guys don't speak english... In addition, unfortunately the pinball community here in brazil is not as tight and friendly as in the rest of the world....

Thanks for chiming in.

If you are actually interested in getting a bunch of games together for a container, judging by the participation in this thread, there could be a number of folks who might have some interest.

If you're willing to look into the costs of shipping at some point, that would probably make or break the interest folks here might have.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video
    Ive always wanted one of these Haunted Hotel

The music and sounds get extremely annoying quickly.... you'd sell it I'd bet

#77 6 years ago

I would certainly be interested depending on price.

#78 6 years ago

Very interested in a group buy!

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If you're willing to look into the costs of shipping at some point, that would probably make or break the interest folks here might have.

A container is the magic transport.

You can ship a 40' container from China to USA for <$3000, so it should be less money to ship from Brazil to USA.

There are also some "destination" fees and crap, but a full container would be the way to go.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

but a full container would be the way to go.

yep yep...gotta fill it up

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

A container is the magic transport.
    You can ship a 40' container from China to USA for <$3000, so it should be less money to ship from Brazil to USA.
    There are also some "destination" fees and crap, but a full container would be the way to go.

One additional thing to consider is that customs duty would likely have to be paid. I understand that there is no duty on US built machines coming back into the states since they were made here in the first place, it's considered reimportation of US goods. These would not have been made here, despite some of those stickers, lol... so I would count on that as well.

#82 6 years ago

Looks like Toys & Games → Other Toys & Games → Pin Ball Machine classification for non USA made pin is 20%

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Vid1900 do you have any more pics of the "heavy metal"machine ?
    Very cool !

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5175

image-A4_(resized).jpg

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Looks like Toys & Games → Other Toys & Games → Pin Ball Machine classification for non USA made pin is 20%

Yikes, that's pretty steep.

I can see why you were asking about the "made in USA" label to see what the story behind that might be.

#85 6 years ago

Yep. If they were made in USA (or say Made in USA) then you could skip the fee.

Sometimes Antiques are exempt, so someone who knows what they are doing would have to find the cheapest classification if they are not USA made.

#86 6 years ago

I didn't look at the LTD machines but I like the Star Wars knockoff called Force.

image-4_(resized).jpg

#87 6 years ago

Here's a cool flyer

catalogo-taito-brasil-650px-72214_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-4a-10190_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-2a-84915_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-3a-53968_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-1a-11664_(resized).jpg

#88 6 years ago

Here's an article on pinballs in Brazil.

https://historiadosgames.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/%E2%80%9Cdo-atari-ao-zeebo-a-historia-dos-videogames-no-brasil%E2%80%9D-2/

An interesting quote with a bad google translation,

"However, import taxes on machinery soared from 30 to 70%, then to 120% and reaching 220% before they have a totally banned imports in 1976.

Taxes and a ban on imports in Brazil caused the Taito, that this time it was considered the largest manufacturer in the world machines, make a new plan for the business in Brazil: the company would manufacture their own machines in the country. "

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Here's a cool flyer
    catalogo-taito-brasil-650px-72214_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-4a-10190_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-2a-84915_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-3a-53968_(resized).jpgcatalogo-taito-1a-11664_(resized).jpg

Nice finding!

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Thanks for chiming in.
    If you are actually interested in getting a bunch of games together for a container, judging by the participation in this thread, there could be a number of folks who might have some interest.

I would absolutely be interested, assuming I can find a Mr. Black in decent shape (... will probably need some help for that as well...).

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

Somebody find me a HAWKMAN!

pinball-fliperama-hawkman-taito-alphapinball-875201-MLB20297634669_052015-F_(resized).jpg

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Here's an article on pinballs in Brazil.
    https://historiadosgames.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/%E2%80%9Cdo-atari-ao-zeebo-a-historia-dos-videogames-no-brasil%E2%80%9D-2/
    An interesting quote with a bad google translation,
    "However, import taxes on machinery soared from 30 to 70%, then to 120% and reaching 220% before they have a totally banned imports in 1976.
    Taxes and a ban on imports in Brazil caused the Taito, that this time it was considered the largest manufacturer in the world machines, make a new plan for the business in Brazil: the company would manufacture their own machines in the country. "

Interesting article.

Here's a link for a translation for others who might be interested: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fhistoriadosgames.wordpress.com%2F2010%2F09%2F15%2F%25E2%2580%259Cdo-atari-ao-zeebo-a-historia-dos-videogames-no-brasil%25E2%2580%259D-2%2F&edit-text=&act=url

#94 6 years ago

May I say that, a couple of years ago, US$ 1 was quoted about R$ 2 to R$ 2,3 (brazilian "reais")... Now the quotation is almost the double (about R$ 3,8 to R$ 4), so if anyone is serious about acquiring brazilian pinball machines, the time is NOW!!!

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

May I say that, a couple of years ago, US$ 1 was quoted about R$ 2 to R$ 2,3 (brazilian "reais")... Now the quotation is almost the double (about R$ 3,8 to R$ 4), so if anyone is serious about acquiring brazilian pinball machines, the time is NOW!!!

So in general what would some of the more readily available titles cost in usd? Prior to any duty or shipping...just the cost of a machine from one hobbiest to another?

I saw one Taito BK for 25k on the Brazil CL site which would convert to 6250 usd...if that's the going rate I'd say a container is out of the question.

#96 6 years ago

Like I said before, "brazil cl" is not that trustworthy.... there are some crazy dudes there as well.... this one in particular, personally, I wouldn't recommend!

I'd say that it's possible to find a reasonable taito pin for about US$ 1,5K to US$ 3K!

#97 6 years ago

I was thinking if I bought one, I might buy two. One in good condition and one parts machine if it's available.

#98 6 years ago

Amendes, If you get a container together I'd be in for one, Gemini 2000 or maybe something else as well. Let's get some Taito pinball to the US!

#99 6 years ago

Count me in. I'm in Florida and have a customs broker who can clear the container in Miami.

#100 6 years ago

As noted before I'd be interested in one of many...probably up to 10 titles depending on average cost and condition...but at the least a Mr. Black and Negro.

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!