Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JohnTTwo
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1F502A7F-A9ED-4E35-AA27-529576E65530 (resized).jpeg
    A7068470-F94D-4C2C-8884-DBE55671AE6D (resized).jpeg
    7DEE747D-0794-48CD-A282-145BA3924ADD (resized).jpeg
    876BF2FC-BE84-4997-81FA-5AD05DD6F1BB (resized).jpeg
    0652FB21-AE17-4B34-81C2-931901903610 (resized).jpeg
    0D2BBE67-F827-4413-9BA6-0F2273ECD4DD (resized).jpeg
    3274960E-C1BE-49C4-98E3-E198F8133BF7 (resized).jpeg
    F0C20DC8-BCF8-4A73-9141-556B9910E485 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5090 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5089 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5088 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5084 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5091 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5087 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5086 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5085 (resized).jpg
    There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Quick question for the experts out there. I have been looking to buy an Ice Cold Beer for a while and have finally found one at an arcade that the owner is interested in selling but he wants $3,500 for it. The machine is in good shape and works well but I know it is not worth that much but they are so hard to find that it caught my interest.

What do you all think? Should I pull the trigger and just do it knowing it is over priced or keep waiting until one pops up for a lot cheaper?

#2 6 years ago

They don’t come up for sale very often. If you really want one and it’s in good condition go for it. The last few I saw sell were in the $2500- $3500 range. It’s become a game a lot of collectors jump on quick, so I wouldn’t wait too long to make an offer

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

They don’t come up for sale very often. If you really want one and it’s in good condition go for it. The last few I saw sell were in the $2500- $3500 range. It’s become a game a lot of collectors jump on quick, so I wouldn’t wait too long to make an offer

Thanks Coz, that is how I feel. I was saving up to get a Monster Bash for the wife but it is hard to pass the first chance I have to buy Ice Cold Beer since I started looking 4 or 5 months ago. I think if I can get them to come down to $3000, im going to do it.

#4 6 years ago

It’s a “grail” game for a lot of collectors and those guys looking are on Craigslist and Facebook all day looking for them, especially the flippers. I say go for it!! They don’t come up for sale very often. You can easily find pins, but not that game, look for prices on ICB to continue to rise

#5 6 years ago

Do it! It's a super fun game. There's a freeplay rom that was just released to it that you can find over on KLOV that is a must have. He just added back attract mode and the button blinks so you don't need to install a button or use coins.

#6 6 years ago

Not worth the price of admission.

#7 6 years ago

Good grief. One of these came up in our local classifieds a few years ago for $300 and sat for 2 weeks! It's fun but it's not $3500 worth of fun. Not when you could buy a lot of pins for that price.

#8 6 years ago

$3k is alot for that game. It's fun for a while and your guest's will really like it but soon enough it will go the same route as a foosball table and never get turned on or played. I have one and ended up lending it to a friend since i needed the space and no one was playing it any more. Id say hold off and wait for another to come around at a better price.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Good grief. One of these came up in our local classifieds a few years ago for $300 and sat for 2 weeks!

Somebody F'd up! They are no longer cheap...

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

$3k is alot for that game. It's fun for a while and your guest's will really like it but soon enough it will go the same route as a foosball table and never get turned on or played. I have one and ended up lending it to a friend since i needed the space and no one was playing it any more. Id say hold off and wait for another to come around at a better price.

Would you be interested in selling yours then if you do not play it?

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Do it! It's a super fun game. There's a freeplay rom that was just released to it that you can find over on KLOV that is a must have. He just added back attract mode and the button blinks so you don't need to install a button or use coins.

Is this newer than the rom that has been out for a couple years? Do you have a link? Thanks.

#12 6 years ago

I bought one about a year ago for $1300 and felt like I overpaid for the enjoyment I ended up getting out of the game. It's fun for a couple months until you master it. Then it just sits around not getting played. I sold mine about 4 months after I bought it and don't miss it at all. Pins are way more fun. $3500 is ludicrous when you can get a game like Shadow for that price!

#13 6 years ago

Seems like a better deal would come up. A year ago I had mine posted for 2k and no one wanted it. Everyone says how desirable it is, but then it doesn't sell for 2k? It is fun, but not fun enough to keep if space is limited. I sold it to a friend for $1,500. If you buy for $3,500, it's your call, but I have to imagine a better price will come up if you're patient.

#14 6 years ago

Wasn't there a newer version of this game??

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from kechlesurf:

Would you be interested in selling yours then if you do not play it?

Wish you would have caught me 2 weeks ago. I just put it on route at a friends brewery and it is killing it. It's out earning my pins 3-1 right now.

#16 6 years ago

Good advice. When I talked to they guy, he said he doesnt want to sell it till April 2018 or so as it is still in his arcade and being used. Hopefully something cheaper will pop up on my daily CL checks

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Wasn't there a newer version of this game??

Yes, the ICE ICB version. I used to have both and sold the older Taito version. The ICE version has 2 more holes, is more challenging, and playes smoother due to better pulley and switch system. The art is better on the original, but not much else.

The extra 2 holes make it much more fun in the long term IMHO.

All said I still would not pay over 1500-1700 for one currently.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Wish you would have caught me 2 weeks ago. I just put it on route at a friends brewery and it is killing it. It's out earning my pins 3-1 right now.

wait a sec... you have pins and an ICB in antartica? ! ?

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from johninc:

Is this newer than the rom that has been out for a couple years? Do you have a link? Thanks.

I don't have the link but it's on KLOV. It is newer because it has the attract mode and blinks the button. The older version didn't have attract mode.

#20 6 years ago

That seems really high, at least my my area. I had one offered to me at $1400 last year and one came up on the Ohio FB group around 2K not too long ago. I actually would love one of these but as some others have said just can't see spending that much on that type of game. I can get alot of pin for that money. That said, if I had extra cash laying around I'd have jumped at the $1400.

#22 6 years ago

I would like one, but it's now beyond the price I'm willing to play. For awhile there was a group of pinsiders interested in building a new version from scratch, but that seems to have been put on hold.

#23 6 years ago

Seems steep to me, but you might have to wait a while to find one cheaper (and the longer you wait the more the rest will go up in price). It's a great party game even if it gets boring once you master it.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from johninc:

Found it, thanks!

Works great, I didn't even realize the attract mode was missing!

#25 6 years ago

Is this the one you are looking for?

20171119_121516 (resized).jpg20171119_121516 (resized).jpg

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Is this the one you are looking for?

That's a nice unit you got there!

#27 6 years ago

Come get it 3000!

Super nice!

20171211_183928 (resized).jpg20171211_183928 (resized).jpg

20171211_183940 (resized).jpg20171211_183940 (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago

I tire kicked a few over the years, cost me a lot of money...
    If the backglass is good, $2500 is fair market value. (they did remake it, $300)
    I don't think it's done inflating either. In the last 5 years they have been on a seriously upward trajectory.
    A decent one went off on ebay for $2700 a month or two ago.

It's fun.
    You may tire of it after a few months, but your guests will love it and be pissed if you sell it.
    It's an incredibly easy game to sell.
    Desirable and rare enough that most people will have no choice but to pay your price.

#29 6 years ago

I had an ICB and the gameplay SUCKED!!!

Sold it asap when I could get a WAYYYYY funner game.

100_2122 (resized).JPG100_2122 (resized).JPG

#30 6 years ago

I sold my fully restored one for $2500 earlier this year.

#31 6 years ago

Sold mine last year for 2200 ish on CL and it sold in like an hour and I was hounded massively with calls while guy was on his way

#32 6 years ago

Wow. Looks like I’ll never own one of these. Missed out on Tapper too when it was under 1,000.

#33 6 years ago

I bought one back in June for $500. It’s pretty rough but it’s all there. Should be a fun project once I get it playing

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Thrillhouse:

No worries, if you ever decide to get rid of it, keep me in mind.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

That seems really high, at least my my area. I had one offered to me at $1400 last year and one came up on the Ohio FB group around 2K not too long ago. I actually would love one of these but as some others have said just can't see spending that much on that type of game. I can get alot of pin for that money. That said, if I had extra cash laying around I'd have jumped at the $1400.

Agree that it is a lot for it. I have three machines on my wish list to get next (two for the wife and one for me). First one is Monster Bash and that will be a gift for the wife, and #2 is Chexx Bubble Hockey (also for the wife as she loves that game for some reason) and the last is Ice Cold Beer and that is for me. Everyone is right that I could get an awesome pinball machine for that price but the next pinball to be in the room will be Monster Bash

#36 6 years ago

That's pretty pricey. I paid 1600.00 for mine about 2 years ago. If I didn't have to ship it, it would have been a much better deal. Even though it's pretty easy to master, I still have it around. It's a crowd favorite when folks come over and I consider it kinda rare.....

I'd love a Super Chexx bubble hockey - those are alot of fun!

#37 6 years ago

You guys keep saying you can get a lot of pinball for that money, which may be true, if you just want more pinball machines and you aren't into diversity in a game room.
    Ice cold beer is one of what has become a list of very few arcade games you just can't duplicate with a multiboard or emulator.
    Unique arcade games in general have been on the rise.

I've had and played quite a few $2000 pins that weren't as much fun as ice cold beer.

I won't keep mine forever, but i'm glad to have owned it.

For you guys that do own it.
    Buy these
    http://www.jbgaming.co.uk/controls/zeroplay-bearing-kit/
    It is amazing how much more solid and precise the sticks feel.
    Takes every ounce of slop out.

#38 6 years ago

I found mine for $700 in good, not great shape. It needed to be cleaned up big time and is now with an arcade fix guy getting tuned up a bit. I'll have $850 into it when I'm finished if I don't put a new glass in it. The glass isn't horrible but not great either.

KR

IMG_6070 (resized).JPGIMG_6070 (resized).JPG

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Magickeith:

I found mine for $700 in good, not great shape. It needed to be cleaned up big time and is now with an arcade fix guy getting tuned up a bit. I'll have $850 into it when I'm finished if I don't put a new glass in it. The glass isn't horrible but not great either.
    KR

Damn, good find and not a bad price at all. Looks good to me. Still hoping i could find it somewhere for cheap but will have to keep looking

4 weeks later
    #40 6 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

For you guys that do own it.
    Buy these
    http://www.jbgaming.co.uk/controls/zeroplay-bearing-kit/
    It is amazing how much more solid and precise the sticks feel.
    Takes every ounce of slop out.

They offer a 21mm and a 19mm version do you recall which one fit your ice cold beer? Did you get the new screw in handles?

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

They offer a 21mm and a 19mm version do you recall which one fit your ice cold beer? Did you get the new screw in handles?

Replied to your pm,

But so everyone here knows, 21mm, no handles.

1 month later
    #42 6 years ago

Does anybody know which arcade store would carry the wood grain vinyl for the sides of ICB

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, the ICE ICB version. I used to have both and sold the older Taito version. The ICE version has 2 more holes, is more challenging, and playes smoother due to better pulley and switch system. The art is better on the original, but not much else.
    The extra 2 holes make it much more fun in the long term IMHO.
    All said I still would not pay over 1500-1700 for one currently.

Because two extra holes are always more fun

#44 6 years ago

Owned one, mastered it and got bored of it. Traded it for a players BOP straight across

#45 6 years ago

I missed out on one recently for $200 in Oregon. Guy didnt want to ship and dealt with somone local.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Christdidit:

Does anybody know which arcade store would carry the wood grain vinyl for the sides of ICB

I used laminate.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=349658

Laminate used:

https://www.topcabinethardware.com/top-cabinet-hardware/product/15653-6209-43-4x8-10?search=6209-43

ICB25 (resized).jpgICB25 (resized).jpg
    ICB24 (resized).jpgICB24 (resized).jpg

2 months later
    #47 5 years ago

Finally! I ended a year and a half long search for an ICB tonight! Found it on Craigslist, and drove 6-hrs round-trip to retrieve. Currently non-working, but it is complete and in a respectable condition. I have visions of grandeur for it.

If you don't mind, please let me know of any must-do bulletproofing you guys would recommend. The belts are as hard as pencils and fall apart when you touch them, so that is an obvious starting point. I also was going to pull the boards and replace any electrolitic caps, and the memory battery, before powering it on.

Lastly, and in the interest of providing an additional data point on the current pricing/market of these games... I gave $1750 for this one (5/1/2018), and don't regret it (yet, at least!).

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#48 5 years ago

Hope I’m so lucky to get one

#49 5 years ago

Awesome find! I am still looking to get one, have seen a couple but people are asking 3k+ and all of them need a little bit of electrical work. I am hoping I will find a good one for under 2k that works well. Will wait and see and keep looking.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from PSUTownie:

Finally! I ended a year and a half long search for an ICB tonight! Found it on Craigslist, and drove 6-hrs round-trip to retrieve. Currently non-working, but it is complete and in a respectable condition. I have visions of grandeur for it.
    If you don't mind, please let me know of any must-do bulletproofing you guys would recommend. The belts are as hard as pencils and fall apart when you touch them, so that is an obvious starting point. I also was going to pull the boards and replace any electrolitic caps, and the memory battery, before powering it on.
    Lastly, and in the interest of providing an additional data point on the current pricing/market of these games... I gave $1750 for this one (5/1/2018), and don't regret it (yet, at least!).

Is that the one that was on eBay for 2200 in Maryland? Nice find. Given current market price I think you did okay at 1750.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taito-ice-cold-beer?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.