You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScreenHunter_78 Mar. 22 13.08 (resized).jpg
ScreenHunter_76 Mar. 22 07.07 (resized).jpg
ScreenHunter_77 Mar. 22 07.14 (resized).jpg
75026E47-C3EA-4CB6-95BB-FE35C3B46D30 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slawnski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Just picked up a very nice example of Tahiti- worked at the old owners place just fine- got it to my office and set it up. the machine is tilted and will not start a game. tilt mechanism is free and floating fine.

tilt light is on- I add a quarter, it racks up 4 credits. Hit the start button and the tray under cabinet slides-(maybe this happened when I added the credits not so sure now) tilt light still on and one credit is deducted- no ball is fed to the shooting lane. TILT light is still on. I'm a bit befuddled. Any suggestions?

All plugs look to be seated correctly-

#3 6 years ago

One (additional now, I think) issue I will need to contend with is the clear plastic switch spacer on the tilt relay- the end is broken off- I'll try some CA for a quick fix till I can source another one-

apart from the tilt bob- what are the other anti-cheat features/ where are they located? manually opening the tilt relay gets a ball to lift- but there is still something triggering the tilt relay. I'm done for the night- headed home. Since the machine is at my office I'm done tinkering for the evening- Thanks in advance for any help you guys can lend- and if anybody has a spare clear spacer for the relay that they would like to sell- please let me know!

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'll assume the tilt plumb bob is not stuck making contact.
Open it up, get a ball out and manually feed it to the shooter lane after "starting" a game. If that does not clear it, look for a ball or three stuck on the ball tray below the playfield.

"stuck" as in not in line and in the middle of the tray? I'll have a looksee

#5 6 years ago

all balls in the tray-

#6 6 years ago

Tilt plumb bob is not making contact...

#8 6 years ago

The tilt relay spacer broke at the last slot. It still functions but I like the idea of the Card stock to get the switch stack to act Un-tripped. I’ll try that in the morning. The coin door switch has been spaced open so it no longer functions. The bob has been disabled. What is IIRC? I don’t see anything in the head, or on the main cabinet floor but will look again tomorrow. What will the tilt sensor in the head look like? I sort of know my way around EM’s and I have schematics. Didn’t see anything that looked like it was placed there to stop the game from functioning if doors are opened, or if the game even has such things in place.

#10 6 years ago

Thank you. I’ll look for these tomorrow.

#11 6 years ago

All tilt switches are ok / not tripped/ open. I repaired the plastic stack spacer on the tilt relay- going to run through the schematics when I have some time to see if I can trace why the game is calling to tilt. Any advice is appreciated. As I was looking for and testing tilt mechanisms I did find quite the pile of contacts and assorted nick-nacks in the cabinet. Mostly new some used. I could have a loose contact that landed in a switch stack somewhere. May have happened when we moved the game and or got it set up again.

75026E47-C3EA-4CB6-95BB-FE35C3B46D30 (resized).jpeg75026E47-C3EA-4CB6-95BB-FE35C3B46D30 (resized).jpeg

#12 6 years ago

I tested the tilt switches on the cabinet, in the head, and the tilt bob with a meter- All are showing continuity on either side of their switched- physically opened switches- (did that make sense?) Physically the switch is open but I'm still getting continuity.

Digging into the schematics now- I am not so great at this part of the journey (reading schematics) yet....

#20 6 years ago

I do have that assembly and the key- the assembly is "loose" as in the tab on the lock is able to flop side to side a bit making contact with the assembly that is on the head side of the cabinet. In the locked/play mode should the lock tab be in contact with the switch assembly on either side (head or player switches) ?

#22 6 years ago

ok- I have that exact state re: lock tab- pressure is applied to the ladder during it's at rest.

I disconnected the coil wire for the tilt circuit. I can now start a game.... the cowards way out, but trouble for another time.

One quarter gives me 4 credits. I cannot add credits to the counter with additional coins unless I run that counter down to 0- this is normal? I would have thought adding multiple coins would add to the counter up until whatever is determined to be the most credits allowed is reached. Maybe that is 4 here?

I will need to re-lamp the head - just to be sure that I'm aware of features as I dump more quarters / credits in. I appreciate all the help and I am a bit letdown that I took the measure that I did to get a game started....

now I just need to learn how to play it....

#24 6 years ago

Thank you! Played a bunch this morning- not exactly easy to get a win....

#27 6 years ago

Holy crap! This can really be addicting- maybe I shouldn't have set this up at work.... Thanks for the post Vic! time to work on my technique

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slawnski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tahiti-tilt-issue?tu=slawnski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.