Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Miguel351
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shelby1000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello, I have an Addams Family and just recently I have a problem when I lock two balls for multiball the third ball will not load into the shooter lane. The game will eventually go into the ball search and will just continue to do that. If I open the coin door and manually load the third ball and shoot it into the playfield the game doesn't seem to realize what is going on and doesn't respond correctly to the ball. I'm hoping that someone could point me in the right direction here as I'm not sure where to start. Do you think it is some sort of switch problem or possibly a circuit board issue? Everything else on the game seems to work fine.

#6 7 years ago

Yeah, I have had a problem with balls getting stuck in the swamp sometimes and on start up I sometimes get the "check switch 72" which is the swamp lock center switch. I tested the switch and it works but I don't think the ball is causing the switch to trigger for some reason. I'll try to adjust the wire on that switch. Should I just bend the wire more to get it to stick out farther?
The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that the machine will register the 1st two balls as being locked for multiball so it knows the balls are there but then after the 2nd ball is locked that's when it won't shoot the 3rd ball into the shooter lane to continue the game.

#8 7 years ago

Yes, that is what is happening. The game plays normally until after I lock two balls for mulitball. Then the 3rd ball will not kick into the shooter lane where you can shoot it into the playfield with the plunger. The game will go into the ball search function at this point with the last ball(3rd ball) sitting in the holding area waiting to be kicked into the shooter lane for the plunger. It makes no sense to me because the game shows the first two balls being locked on the DMD so it should know to load the last ball into the shooter lane. I have had problems in the past with the swamp lock center switch not registering the ball resulting in the ball search function to activate but I didn't have this issue with the multiball before so I'm not sure if this has something to do with the multiball issue or not. I really don't know where to go with this.

#11 7 years ago

Yeah, I'm starting to think that it is a problem with switch #72 the swamp lock center. When I run a ball through the swamp it doesn't register a hit. When I manually test it it does but not with a ball. In the past the ball would often get stuck in the swamp because the switch doesn't register for whatever reason. I'll replace the switch and see it that fixes it. Thanks guys for the advice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shelby1000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-wont-go-into-multiball?tu=shelby1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.